Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #11
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekend chat oct 15-16

I'm also extremely jealous of the play area at a grocery store!! I wish we had that here!

Advertisement

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #12
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's not like a playground or anything, it's more like an in-store day-care. You can leave them there for up to one hour while you shop. It has a playhouse, some books, some trucks and dolls, and some movies. I find it amusing that my mostly AP kids freakin' BEG to go there every time. Cool by me, though....our Fred Meyer has a Starbucks and I'm a fast shopper. I feel perfectly justified in getting things done quickly, then sitting down for 10 minutes to enjoy a half-caf/half flavor pumpkin spice latte. Probably why I like grocery shopping so much.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:39 AM   #13
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Ugh... 4:30 and can't sleep. Hate heartburn! Going to try to go back to bed now! So tired.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #14
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpierce
Ugh... 4:30 and can't sleep. Hate heartburn! Going to try to go back to bed now! So tired.
Morgan hope you were able to sleep some more I hate it when I'm just awake during the night
Old 10-16-2011, 05:48 AM   #15
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Yep, I've been up and down since 3:30... No heartburn here, just uncomfortable.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #16
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i love fred meyers! we shop there almost exclusively in alaska. i noticed that there was a fred meyers jewlery store in my mall in LA! its been there practically all my life but didn't notice it until i moved back this time.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #17
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning. i'm awake because i am a morning person. sometimes i wish i can sleep in then i won't have to pay for it in the afternoon while my night person son refuses to nap.

Last edited by naura; 10-16-2011 at 06:51 AM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #18
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies. Busy weekend here as usual. Got DS2's crib moved out of my bedroom and into the other room with the kids (so we had to rearrange it a bit). I have all 4 kids in 1 bedroom now! DH said it looks like a little hospital ward or something with all their beds lined up, lol! It actually all fits quite well. And now I have my room back so I can sleep in my bed! I'm just nervous about getting all 4 kids to bed at the same time as usually DS2 goes to bed earlier and I just put him in the crib in my room and shut the door. I'm not sure if he is going to be whiney because he sees everyone in the room. But, we really don't have much of a choice because we only have the 2 rooms and we need space in our room for the baby.

I also rearranged my room a bit and got my birth pool blown up! It is a kiddie/fishy pool because I knew the bigger birth pools wouldn't fit. I was surprised at how small it is but it definitely seems like it will work and would be better than the bathtub. I have a cradle and changing table set up for now in the living room, but they'll be able to go in the bedroom once the birth pool is taken down.

I also got all of my birth kit supplies and have everything set up for the midwives. I have my home visit on Tuesday so they can see where everything is. Pretty much the only thing left for me to do is wash the carseat and install it. We even bought a small pack of newborn diapers just in case he decides to be born before next weekend when I have my "diaper" shower. I have been having contractions on and off since Friday so I really am not sure how much longer he is going to stay in! Luckily I am 36w2d today and I am pretty sure if he holds out until at least Tuesday the midwives will still deliver at home!

Going to Joann's today because I got a 40% off and a 50% off coupon so I am going to get some fabric to make muslin swaddling blankets and maybe some jersey to make a stretchy wrap for me.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

So I got all the kids with cold to bed last night, got myself to bed only to have to get up 30 min later b/c my stomach was rolling and gurgling. I guess I managed to pick up a stomach bug on top of everything. I got less than 2 hours of sleep last night b/c I was up in the bathroom and puking like every 30 to 45 min. It finally let up around 7 or I probably would have at least called the dr to see if I needed to go in for iv fluids. So I've spent most of my morning trying to rehydrate and get a bit more sleep (easier said than done). And of course my 19 mo old who is probably the sickest at the moment doesn't want to take a nap even though she wants to cry about everything.
Hopefully you all are having a better weekend than me!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #20
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Chelsea-that sounds rough! I hope it all clears up soon.

Heather-i have my in home visit on Thursday, so I'm working to get everything together here, too. My bedroom is too small even for the fishie pool. We will have to set it up in the dining room, so that won't get done until "go" time. I am also having lots of contractions, but LO has to wait til at least Thursday!

Afm: i'm about to head to yoga. Not sure if it's a good idea, considering all the cntrx, but here I go!

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote