Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #21
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekend chat oct 15-16

Hi everyone. We've had a beautiful weekend here and have spent most of it outside enjoying it My babyshower was saturday and I of course got a ton of clothes. Got another diaper bag, $40 in walmart GC, healthcare kit and a few other random things. The thing that got to me?... MIL bought me sposie diapers and she *knows* I use cloth (because she babysits when i need her too). so i guess hubby now has one pack of nb and size 1 huggies he can use. MIL then continues to tell all the guests she bought me what she expects to see the diaper bag packed with when she babysit him...umm sorry you aren't watching my newborn right away...especially since im hoping he is a boobie baby! she of course is already pushing bottles...argh. other than that it was a pretty good shower!
Today hubby put a car battery on a powerwheels jeep for dd to play with (someone gave us the jeep with no battery so instead of spending $50 on a battery for it hubby rigged up the car battery LOL!) DD Loves it and did pretty well with it

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #22
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nichole - my MIL got us a whole box of 7th Gen Size 1 diapers. I love 7th Gen diapers and all, and wouldn't mind having a nb size back up, but seriously? There's something like 5 packs of size 1 diapers in there. They start at like 8 lbs, I highly doubt he's coming out that large. Or that I'll need that many. She knows I do cloth, as I did with DD, but she keeps saying I shouldn't make it too hard on myself, etc. So I'll be exchanging 1 pack for nb size, and then probably exchanging all the rest for other things. Maybe keep 1 size 1. We'll see
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #23
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Survived my first trip to *L&D Triage this morning. The Nurse line said to go to urgent care but got there and was told to go over to L&D. I've been having sudden numbess in my left leg only my thigh and yesterday it lasted for a while even walking didn't make it go away. I was also pretty dehydrated while there so got to drink a big cup of ice water and the H had a few variables where his heart rate dropped into the 110 range a few times so i go a quick u/s before leaving said he looked great still a boy and one of the big pockets measured 8. I was also having a few contractions and they weren't close or anything but I didn't feel them all all. And they checked for dilation way high and closed.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

jessica - i am just so glad she got me only 1 pack of each and also that it was huggies and not pampers. when i diapered with sposies i decided i hated pampers.. the smell the poofy grossness when baby pees...just didnt like them.

kami - glad everything turned out alright in the end!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #25
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Thia- I am not liking the days of contractions but at the same time I am kind of hoping he stays put until after the home visit. For one I want him to be plenty baked and for two I don't want there to be any question of me being too early to birth at home! Hopefully for both of us these LOs will stay put until after the home visits, lol. Did you get the fishie pool too? After blowing it up I was surprised because it is really small, well mostly because it is really short. The water will definitely be higher than the bathtub but sitting down it will probably only be belly button level.

Chelsea- I'm sorry you are all sick! I am sending healing vibes your way so you can all recover/rest a bit before baby comes!

Nichole- I'm glad you had a good shower! I am the same, I have some family who want to buy me formula and stuff and I'm like "no thanks!" but I do have others who are very supportive of BFing. I do have some samples of formula here just in case he starts to lose weight and I know eventually I will have to supplement as I just don't have enough glandular tissue. But, I'd like to go as long as possible EBF and even then only supplement the minimum amount (and even more so hopefully with donor milk). But when my family talks that way about anything (formula or sposies) I just play nice but then do whatever the heck I want, lol!

Kami- Glad everything with baby was okay!

AFM- After my craziness with rearranging my house yesterday, I spent today doing even more crazy things. First of all it took me an hour to get to Joann's (which is maybe 2 miles away) because the roads were blocked due to a Race for the Cure Marathon. Trouble was, there were no signs warning of this so we got stuck in it a couldn't get out no matter what. Finally got there and it was PACKED because of their sale and it took another hour just to grab fabric and wait to have it cut. After that fiasco I went to a nice family lunch for my Aunt's b-day and it just so happened everyone was able to make it (we joked we were doing an early Christmas, lol!). So we caught up and it was nice. My sister gave me her double stroller and it is in practically new condition (it's a Graco Quattro Duo). She brought it because she knew I was going to buy one and it was sitting in her closet. Score! My mom also brought me a bouncer and my Aunt brought me a box of clothes from a friend. We came home and put everything away and I proceeded to take all of the carseats out of my van and wash them and rearrange them. I then re-installed them so I now have 5 carseats in my 7-seater van, lol! Basically the only non carseated seats are the driver and front passenger. That was a chore. Once I finished that DH went grocery shopping for me and I was able to get a little sewing in. I'm going to have to finish tomorrow. Overall, SUPER busy weekend but I feel like things are pretty much ready to go now and I can just relax (and knit and sew) until this guy decided to make his appearance.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:22 AM   #26
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh heather you doing that reminds me i need to put the cover and stuff back on my infant carrier i washed it like a month ago and still haven't reassembled it :/ really need to get on that.....