Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

I had a dating u/s at 6 1/2 weeks. My MW only does it if you are unsure of dates or specifically ask. I had a 50+ day cycle so I wanted a better idea of my EDD.

My first appt won't be until I am about 10 1/2 weeks, I think on 11-3.

Advertisement

Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: When is/was your 1st Dr Apt?

I have to have a confirm appt somewhere so I can qualify for medicaid. After that, it prob won't be until 12 wks or so....
Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
Hskirball7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine is on tuesday at about 5.5 weeks. They think I'm about 9 wks b/c they're going off my LMP, which was aug. 14, but according to my chart I'm only 5.5 wks.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
hminor11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine is the 25th of October. I think I will be right at 7 weeks. Not sure if it is just a confirmation appointment or what. I am going to try and have dual care with my family practice doctor and home birth midwife. I am terrified of the doctors at our local hospital so I would like to have a backup ready in case I had to transfer for some reason.
hminor11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #15
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have to take my children to the health department for WIC Nov 4th, so I am going to have them do a confirmation then. Going by LMP I will be 7 weeks, but by my calculations I will be 5 weeks. DH and I only DTD twice last month and I have a 28 days cycle with ovulation around day 14-15(I cramp when I ovulate) so I am confident on when I conceived. Unless I have problems before then I plan on waiting until about 13-14 weeks before I go. The nearest hospital that delivered babies stopped last year, so I have to find some where else. It will be between an hour to an hour and a half in any directions to the nearest hospital that delivers babies. The nearest female doctor that I know of, is almost a two hour drive away.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #16
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Yeah, I wasn't counting my RE visits that helped to get and keep me pregnant. Otherwise I'd already have had multiple visits and interactions! I had a visit at 8DPO, 10DPO and 14DPO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymandy View Post
Same here, I had to go in for blood test and to chat with my OBto get my progesterone started to keep this bean snug and secure :
Oh no, I wasn't counting going in for blood work. Been in an additional 3 times for labs. My OB wanted to see me asap after pos hpt in order to decide and proceed with treatment to support preg. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to do that on my own

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie

Last edited by Dewberri; 10-16-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #17
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonbutterfly View Post
I have to take my children to the health department for WIC Nov 4th, so I am going to have them do a confirmation then. Going by LMP I will be 7 weeks, but by my calculations I will be 5 weeks. DH and I only DTD twice last month and I have a 28 days cycle with ovulation around day 14-15(I cramp when I ovulate) so I am confident on when I conceived. Unless I have problems before then I plan on waiting until about 13-14 weeks before I go. The nearest hospital that delivered babies stopped last year, so I have to find some where else. It will be between an hour to an hour and a half in any directions to the nearest hospital that delivers babies. The nearest female doctor that I know of, is almost a two hour drive away.
If you have a 28 day cycle and you ovulated at 14 days then you would be 7 weeks pregnant. Your date would be calculated from the FIRST day last menstrual cycle. Am I wrong?

Like, my LMP was on Sept 11th. So if I went with that day and if I ovulated 14 days later, I would be 6 weeks pregnant now. But I was tracking my ovulation and I ovulated on CD 22 Oct. 1st. so it has only been 2 weeks since my Ovulation day but they calculate 2 weeks added to your O day. does that makes sense

AFM: I will see my MW at 10-12 weeks. Unless I have bleeding or something that makes me feel like I need to go in sooner.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #18
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovermuffin View Post
If you have a 28 day cycle and you ovulated at 14 days then you would be 7 weeks pregnant. Your date would be calculated from the FIRST day last menstrual cycle. Am I wrong?

Like, my LMP was on Sept 11th. So if I went with that day and if I ovulated 14 days later, I would be 6 weeks pregnant now. But I was tracking my ovulation and I ovulated on CD 22 Oct. 1st. so it has only been 2 weeks since my Ovulation day but they calculate 2 weeks added to your O day. does that makes sense

AFM: I will see my MW at 10-12 weeks. Unless I have bleeding or something that makes me feel like I need to go in sooner.
I understand how they calculate it. It makes sense and it does not make sense. It makes sense as in I understand how it is calculated and it does not make sense in how in the hello could I be two weeks when I just conceived. My LMP was Sept. 14 and I ovulated on the 27th. So saying that I was already two weeks on the 27th makes me The baby will get here when it gets here, just hopefully not to soon. DH is over the moon right now because his birthday is in June. We are hoping that is a sign that we may get lucky and not only have a healthy baby, but also a boy this time.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

They go from your LMP because most women do not know when they ovulated. But I agree, it is kinds silly. haha
Old 10-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #20
topherellajones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Official OB visit on Nov 3rd but I get an ultrasound on Oct 28th

My phone thinks it is smarter than me so please excuse any jumbled nonsense!