Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #21
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When is/was your 1st Dr Apt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonbutterfly View Post
I have to take my children to the health department for WIC
JUL - would that work for you, for getting a confirmation?

Quote:
I understand how they calculate it. It makes sense and it does not make sense.
It is silly, but that's how they calculate it. You are 7wks along, based on the info in your previous post.
The gestational age of the pregnancy and the actual age of the fetus are 2wks different. But for clarity, they just go with the gestational age of the pregnancy.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #22
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The health department is how I have gotten confirmation every time that I have been pregnant. Since my youngest has a recert on Nov 4th, I decided to wait until then. The WIC office is a 30 minute drive from here, so I figured I would just wait so that I could save on gas. I live in a very small town(less than 5,000), so it is a drive to everything. The only thing local is a second rate hospital(I would have to be on deaths door to go there), a movie theater(shows two movies), Wal-Mart, three grocery stores and about 5 fast food places. Everything else is any where between a 30 minute and two hour drive. I have to plan when I am going to take recycling so that it is not just a trip for that. The nearest place for recycling is an hour away, although that is better than it use to be. Before this place opened it was a two hour drive to the nearest recycling center. I HATE living in a small town.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #23
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jamie - We live in a very small town; we have a corner store, post office (in the store), a K-8 school, and a restaurant. There is a little bit larger town about 12mins south of us, but things are more expensive there, so we only buy things when really necessary. For groceries and whatnot we go to the big town about 40mins away.
Anyhoo, I actually love living in a small town! I love how safe it is for the kids!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #24
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I will ask them if they can do something to confirm it. When I went to WIC for the baby (I know he's a toddler, but he's still the baby to me!), they said I didn't need to have proof of pregnancy for me to get pregnant WIC, but I didn't ask if they could test me so I could have proof for Medicaid. I will call social worker tomorrow.

Remember, even if you know when you ovulated, you don't necessarily get pregnant on that exact day. If you know when you conceived, add 266 days to that and you get a more accurate due date. (it is 266 plus or minus 6 days). If you go by LMP, it can be 2 wks off. Interestingly with this one, when I go by LMP, I am due June 6th. When I go by conception, I am due June 7th, so it's obviously very close!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #25
larken
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I have to take my children to the health department for WIC Nov 4th, so I am going to have them do a confirmation then. Going by LMP I will be 7 weeks, but by my calculations I will be 5 weeks. DH and I only DTD twice last month and I have a 28 days cycle with ovulation around day 14-15(I cramp when I ovulate) so I am confident on when I conceived. Unless I have problems before then I plan on waiting until about 13-14 weeks before I go. The nearest hospital that delivered babies stopped last year, so I have to find some where else. It will be between an hour to an hour and a half in any directions to the nearest hospital that delivers babies. The nearest female doctor that I know of, is almost a two hour drive away.
I know it seems silly, but you are 7 weeks mama Since you have a perfect "textbook" cycle (28 days, O on day 14-15) your EDD should be dead on going by LMP. Don't let that make you It's a good thing! You're that much closer to making through the first trimester!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #26
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am not 7 weeks yet, but will be on Nov 4 when I go to the health department. Going by LMP, my DD is June 20th. My DH's birthday is June 11.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #27
larken
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I am not 7 weeks yet, but will be on Nov 4 when I go to the health department. Going by LMP, my DD is June 20th. My DH's birthday is June 11.
haha I'm going to blame preggo blame for my complete fail on that math! I'm 7 weeks so I should have seen that that was off! It's the same evil force that made me forget the words to Old McDonald & why I almost forgot to take my undies off before I went pee the other day Oops!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Larken
Old 10-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #29
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by larken View Post
haha I'm going to blame preggo blame for my complete fail on that math! I'm 7 weeks so I should have seen that that was off! It's the same evil force that made me forget the words to Old McDonald & why I almost forgot to take my undies off before I went pee the other day Oops!
OMG I almost died of laughter.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #30
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am 7.5 weeks and I have my appoitment tomorrow. I was high risk with my first and am sure I will be this time also. Darn blood pressure!

For Custom Embroidery- It's Sew Macy
MacyKM is offline   Reply With Quote