Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wool Nursing pads

I'm in Heaven!! I'm loving these things! Eva doesn't have the best latch but we are working through it. I made up some Merino Wool nursing pads from a felted Thrift store sweater. We get done nursing and put a dab of Laonolin on my nipple then put the pad on and all pain goes away! I don't think I'm leaking like I use to because the one layer pads are doing a great job. Let my nipple breath and the fabric is so soft and gentle. I would cringe every time I had to put a paper Lansinoh Pad on with my other kids.

I don't understand why I'm not leaking like I have with my other kids. I'm able to pump 8-10 ounces in the morning, already. I'm usually soaking through the disposable pads 1-2 times a night. I am washing these every other day and have 2 sets in rotation. Whatever the case... The wool has been a life saver!

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Incubus527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool Nursing pads

Very cool! I plan to get some of the fuzzibunz pads. I have a TON of leftover Lansinoh from 3 years ago, (like a HUGE box still)and thankfully they don't bother me too bad. And I also am not leaking, but my milk came in last night. Actually I'm not "rock hard" either which I attribute to Seren nursing so well and frequently.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hmmmm i've never tried wool nursing pads...but i do have some wool around so i might have to! i used the johnson & johnson disposables w/dd because they're the only ones that kept my shirt dry and didn't irritate. you just cut a single layer from felted wool?

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Lasinoh are the only ones I don't leak through. I tried some of the Bamboobies which were really soft but leaked through them.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabeth05 View Post
hmmmm i've never tried wool nursing pads...but i do have some wool around so i might have to! i used the johnson & johnson disposables w/dd because they're the only ones that kept my shirt dry and didn't irritate. you just cut a single layer from felted wool?
Yes. The ones I'm using now are 1 layer of Felted Merino wool. I made some 2 Layer and some 2 layer with a stuffable pocket.

Don't feel bad about the disposable ones. I have 3 boxes of Lansinoh disposable pads on hand, just incase
Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ohh I used this pattern for the stuff-able pocket ones
http://www.pamperedcheeks.com/nursing_pads_pattern.php

And this pattern for the contoured ones.
http://diymaternity.com/accessories/...-free-pattern/

I altered both to make them larger for my size. Another plus.. The wool is great at keeping the breast warm in the winter. I usually wear a vest in the winter when I'm nursing (My breasts ache if a cold breeze hits them) but think I can avoid that with these this winter.