Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:

Let me start from the beginning...

On Thursday around noon I put diapers freshly soaked and stripped in ecosprout on him after RnG wasn't cutting it. We shared a banana (which he has ate at least 3-4 times in the past) around 4pm and then went to town shopping. Around 8pm that night I noticed a small raised rash almost looking like baby acne on his neck. Woke up Friday morning and it was on his face, down his torso and in his diaper area. His clothes detergent has not changed but on Tuesday while I was at work (which I rarely work) my DH couldn't get him to take a bottle or sippy cup and he was worried that he hadn't had enough finger foods so he fed him some pumpkin--which he said he spit out immediately and refused anymore. Then he gave him some applesauce which he happily ate. He's never had either one of those before.

I don't know if it was the detergent but I'm eliminating it just in case and switching to Planet for his diapers since that is what I have always washed his clothes in.

My questions are this: If it is a food allergy how long will the rash last? He does not seem bothered by this rash at all and there is times where it looks like it's going away but when he starts playing and cruising around it starts getting red again...a friend suggested it sounded like heat rash and if hadn't been for the introduction of new things I may agree. Advice on where to go from here?

Heather, Wife to J (9/07) Mama to E (11/10)
nosral922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Allergy...

Heat rash: DD had this... is it hot? Is he hot? That's a pretty easy one to rule in or out.
Apples & pumpkins: hmmm, not common allergens...
Appearance: you say it gets worse when he's cruising around... could it be something in your carpet? How long has he been crawling on the carpet? Has it been treated or sprayed recently (including things like room deoderizer), could it be pet dander?

Allergy rashes take anywhere from 3-10 days to disappear, depending on how well you remove the allergen.

Have YOU eaten anything new that could pass through BM?

Also keep in mind that MANY rashes, particularly back rashes, are caused by viruses so it may go away on it's own for no apparent reason. :P

Hope that helps you a little bit!
Mother of Monica (04/08) and Frederick (12/09) and expecting Baby 3 (02/12), working in Africa!
ackeller is offline   Reply With Quote