Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Think my water might be leaking...

I have a lot of CM at the end of pregnancy. So much that I wear pads all the time because it drives me nuts. It can be quite watery as well.

Well I noticed towards evening that every time I'd lie down I'd feel a little trickle. It's def NOT pee. I assumed it was CM as usual, but it just felt different. So I took off my pad since it would mask it, and put some toilet paper on instead. That way I could tell if it was watery or not. I took it off after 20 minutes or so and it was wet and clear. No smell. I took off the TP and just have panties now to see if I can get an even better idea. I stood up from the bed and felt another trickle. I haven't checked my panties yet, but I will.

If it keeps happening I'll call my midwife. I've never had my water leak or break before. If it is leaking it is in very small amounts.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
moonpuppyswifey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Think my water might be leaking...

Sounds like its amniotic fluid, and it doesn't have to be a big gush, can be a trickle. I'd let your midwife know and keep us updated. Good luck mama!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like what happened with my 5th but I felt a POP and then a slow trickle as I was walking up a flight of stairs carrying groceries. His head was acting as a cork. Let the MW know.. Good luck hun!!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely have it checked out if you think it could be...maybe you're almost there! My OB has been asking me at every appointment if I've been leaking any fluid, I didn't realize it was that common.

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know. I haven't felt anything since.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

DDCC...I had that with #2. Every time I would stand up I would feel a leak that FELT like I was peeing a little, but I definitely wasn't. Finally went in and when I sat up in the bed at the hossy it popped
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

DDCC, but with my first I went pee and when I stood up from peeing something trickled down my leg. I was like ugh seriously I didn't finish peeing or what lol? Went sat at the computer and another trickle..maybe a half hour or so later my water broke and gushed everywhere.

With my last one I was leaking for a few days before I went into labor. They concluded it was a tear high up because although the tests were showing it was fluid, they couldn't tell where the leak was and after an u/s they decided the leak was up high instead of down low.

GL! Hope this is it for you!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Pendlemom
Registered Users
seller

Did you find out what was going on?

I had a slight leak with my first. However, i was in a traditional practice and not with midwives. Once i tested positive for amniotic fluid i was made to go to the hospital and put on the clock. 26 hours later they started pitocin as it was that or a times up C at 48 hours. my water didn't fully break until a few hours after they started the pit.
Pendlemom is offline   Reply With Quote