Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #11
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/17

ok its so weird! I've been having dreams that LO is going to arrive VERY soon. I had a dream that she came so quick that the MW missed it, and the birth tub wasn't even at home yet. I find myself doing pelvic tilts in my sleep :O i'll be 36w this week and she is going to bring the tub by next monday... but with DS I was 40w exactly before I had any signs of anything happening... but then I didn't have pelvic pressure that I have with this one either. I was working till about this time then.

maybe I just over did it at the zoo?

Advertisement

Last edited by naura; 10-17-2011 at 10:09 AM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #12
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Mollie- My 2nd pregnancy was like that, too. With DD1 I had to be induced about 3 days early due to high BP. But at that time I wasn't showing any signs of labor so I'm guessing she would've gone to 40+ weeks. With my 2nd pregnancy I was expecting the same thing (40+ weeks) but I unexpectedly went into labor at 38 weeks. I was so unsure of whether or not it was the real thing because of it being 2 weeks early! I ended up having her at home unassisted because by the time I realized I was really in labor she was crowning.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #13
3Munchkins1togrow
Registered Users
seller

I hope everyone planning home births are able to make it to a point where they can deliver at home, there seems to be quite a few scares going on. These November babies seem to be getting anxious, lots of ctx and uncomfortable mama's.

I think we are all entitled to a little whining at this point ! I'm sorry for anyone who feels anything like I do, which sounds like a few people. It makes me feel better to know it's not just me, so maybe I will get the extra days I want out of this pregnancy, but wish we could all be feeling a little better!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone!

Looks like we are all in the same boat and getting very achy, ready for baby to come.

Funny as I've never been like this with the other kids, always happy to wait until due date etc. But this one I can't wait to have as it's so uncomfortable.

Been having a lot of ligament pain today and yesterday. Off to ob in 30 mins with 2 kids in tow, so lots of fun I'm sure.........

Oh, I'm having a ton of BH ctx's. Just wondering if it's possible to "think" you are just having BH and in reality they are regular(as in dilating) ctx's?

I've never ever had this many before. I just have a feeling this one will come a bit earlier for some reason.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am sorry everyone is feeling so yucky Hopefully these last few weeks fly by for everyone so we can all enjoy our squishy little babies and stop feeling like this!

Heather- (I am pretty sure it was you!) I had no idea what sale at Joanns you were talking about but had to run there today to get some fabric (just 1/8 of a yard!) and oh my goodness it was insane. Everyone AND their mother was there! I always go earlier in the morning and nobody is ever there but I think everyone took off of work today just to go to Joanns! I found my fabric and had to wait in line to get it cut longer than it took me to pick it out. AND THEN! on my way home, at two different stop lights I got honked at as soon as the light turned green. The first time I blew it off, but the second time was just annoying. I don't think my response time is THAT slow so I am thinking it is just because I am in a minivan now Both times though, the cars that honked at me never caught up to me (and I don't speed, I was doing the speed limit) so they were obviously going UNDER the speed limit and not in much of a hurry. ugh...some people!

afm...this little one has decided to chill out and not move much yesterday and today and I am not liking it!! I keep sitting on the couch and chugging ice water. That usually gets a kick out of her I have a friend who is a doula and she said if the baby is as low as the dr. is making it sound then I should be able to kinda check myself and feel the baby's head. Well sure enough, I can! It's crazy! I am wondering if her being that low is what is making my lower back and hips hurt so bad?? Or it could just be the fact that I am 35 weeks pregnant
DD had another rough night last night and has been super whiny and just lounging all day. I took her temp before her nap and she is at 101.0 Hopefully we can just cuddle all afternoon after her nap!
We have painters in our neighborhood painting everyones deck rails, trim and doors. It's our turn today so they have their ladders all over our house, front and back, so we have had our blinds closed all day. It's such a nice day out but here we are, spending the day in a dark cave I just feel awkward leaving them open when they are standing on their ladders right outside!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #16
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Jaime- They are having a moonlight madness sale and pretty much everything is like 40-60% off. I was buying flannel to make receiving blankets (because I'm a cheapo and didn't want to spend $10 for 3 blankets from the store). The flannel was 60% off and was like $2 a yard! They also had some 50% and 40% off coupons floating around. I think everyone and their mother were there and most people were buying like 10 different fabrics (I had 2). I noticed a lot of it was for fleece and stuff so I think people are doing Halloween costumes. At the end I told DH we should've just bought the premade ones at the store. I'm save a few $$ but it took 2 hours to get there and get done with shopping there, and it will take another hour or so to make the blankets! Oh, I am able to check myself, too. I normally cannot reach for the life of me but my cervix is low, soft, mushy, and I am about 1-2cm dilated. I have only checked twice (once Friday and once last night) because of all the ctx I wasn't sure if things were progressing and DH was wondering if he should not leave for Arizona last night. I didn't change much so I told him to go ahead and so far so good. Also, I hope your DD feels better soon and you guys can get some rest!!!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #17
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh heather i had forgotten about that sale! i need to try and check it out when hubby gets paid this week to get a few things to finish our cotumes (stuff to make dd's hairbow and my jewelry) i also need to get some fabric to make some mama cloth because i started wearing women's boy briefs and my liners with wings wont work anymore with them :/
Old 10-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #18
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Ok sorry in advance, my brain isn't working so I'm gonna forget stuff.

Jaimie- yeah, I can feel this lo's head, too. And I think it does make any hip or pelvic pain worse.

sluggish- I'm feeling super sluggish and tired today too. I'm thinking it has more to do though with recovering from being sick, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Afm- still recovering from being sick. I'm really thinking we have had influenza, since I'm also having coughing and some sinus drainage as well as the stomach issues. I'm just hoping I recover enough before I go into labor. I'm 37 wks tomorrow!
Oh, and one of dh's cousins had a baby girl this morning. She was due friday and they induced her this morning, I guess she had high blood pressure, then the babies heart rate dropped so they did a c/s. They are fine though. Is it bad if I say I just had a feeling she would have a c/s? Her sister had a similar birth about 10 months ago, neither of them is really interested in natural labor or anything crunchy, not that that automatically means a c/s, but it sure makes it more likely though. I guess if she's fine with it that's what matters, right?

Sorry, I think I'm getting whinier the closer I get to having this baby.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #19
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaGirl7 View Post
Is it bad if I say I just had a feeling she would have a c/s? Her sister had a similar birth about 10 months ago, neither of them is really interested in natural labor or anything crunchy, not that that automatically means a c/s, but it sure makes it more likely though. I guess if she's fine with it that's what matters, right?
No, I don't think that's a bad thing to say.....I have a few friends who I thought that about. Nice women, good mamas, just aren't natural birth advocates or anything, and believe whatever their OB teels them without question. If I'd been like that, I think my first would have been a c/s, being that my water broke and it took me the whole rest of the day to go into labor (even though the labor not including pushing was like 7 hours long once it did start), combined with 2.25 hours of pushing. I have a feeling I might have taken "too long" in a hospital setting.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #20
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Jaime- They are having a moonlight madness sale and pretty much everything is like 40-60% off. I was buying flannel to make receiving blankets (because I'm a cheapo and didn't want to spend $10 for 3 blankets from the store). The flannel was 60% off and was like $2 a yard! They also had some 50% and 40% off coupons floating around. I think everyone and their mother were there and most people were buying like 10 different fabrics (I had 2). I noticed a lot of it was for fleece and stuff so I think people are doing Halloween costumes. At the end I told DH we should've just bought the premade ones at the store. I'm save a few $$ but it took 2 hours to get there and get done with shopping there, and it will take another hour or so to make the blankets! Oh, I am able to check myself, too. I normally cannot reach for the life of me but my cervix is low, soft, mushy, and I am about 1-2cm dilated. I have only checked twice (once Friday and once last night) because of all the ctx I wasn't sure if things were progressing and DH was wondering if he should not leave for Arizona last night. I didn't change much so I told him to go ahead and so far so good. Also, I hope your DD feels better soon and you guys can get some rest!!!
I thought about going to the sale but I was having super heartburn and just did not want to deal with going out. I'm glad you got some good deals but I'm also glad I did not have to wait in line. Thanks for confirming that the store was packed. I hope your custom made blankets turn out perfect for you.

AFM I'm still dealing with the heartburn but now the back pain is getting bad too. I still need to get a few things on my labor kit list but then in 3 weeks we will be all ready for a home birth. My babies tend to come late though so I'm not worried about making it to the 3 weeks, my guess is that I still have about 7 weeks to go.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote