Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Monday 10.17 Chat

Advertisement

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Monday 10.17 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
here's the hat...sydney likes to steal it.
I want one!! Vinnie is going to be "Alien" for Halloween....did you use a tutorial or just wing it? Maybe you could talk me through it? (or if you'd want I could pay you to make it!)

Old 10-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So, the boys both have well-baby checks tomorrow. Luke's 2 year & Vinnie's 2 month---but, they are both running low grade temps today. 99.6 ish.

Luke hasn't eaten food in about 3 days. He did eat some dinner Saturday night, but refused lunch & dinner yesterday & breakfast today. We've been giving him snacks & ice cream. I'm pretty sure its a combo of a sore throat from post-nasal drip and a nasty taste in his mouth from the congestion.

His chest is rattly, but he's not coughing. He has a runny nose now, but Friday & Saturday it was just stuffy. It got runny yesterday.

I haven't given him anything, bc we don't use a lot of medicine, if its not homeopathic.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, that's that. I called the doctor--if they have temps at all, they will bill it as a sick appointment & NOT give them any shots. So, I'd have to go back for well baby appointments.

I'm pretty sure this is just a cold & it will pass, its not something I'd rush to the doctor for.

So, we rescheduled for another week. Vinnie will be 11 weeks old for his "2 month" check-up.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quiet morning here. The two oldest are at school, so I am going to make some banana bread and try to get some laundry done. Fun!
Steph, sorry to hear the boys are under the weather..that stinks. Brynn's temp at the ped on Friday was 99.6. My ped considers that in the normal range...only over 100.4 is considered a temp. I'm surprised that your ped made you reschedule your well visits. Although I don't blame you for not wanting to get their shots if they're not 100%.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yep, they said even though its not a "fever" if they arent normal, no shots. Its a shot appt for both, so, yea, we will wait.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Senia has her well-baby with shots tomorrow- boo... not looking forward to it at all although I do want to see how big she is.

Naomi, that hat is ADORABLE! I think you could definitely sell them! And *hugs* for your emotional problems. It's amazing what all the hormones can do to us. I'm realizing that while I'm fine and happy during the day I'm having a lot of anxiety at night. Most nights are fine and some I'm up for a few hours but I have the occasional night where I'm awake freaking out literally ALL night. It's about stupid stuff too like this weekend I spent a good 2 hours on my camera at 2am. My old one broke right after giving birth and I got a new one that's not as good but still ok. My old one's in the shop and I'll hopefully get it back in the next couple weeks. It doesn't bother me most of the time but this night I was completely devastated about it. Ridiculous.

I had a pretty good weekend. Got a lot of stuff done and had a good time hanging out with Luke. Yesterday evening was a bit rought, though- the girls came home and Naima was sooo over-tired and cranky and screaming. Which prompted Luke to yell at her and me to yell at him. Ugh. So glad today's Monday!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #8
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Steph, sorry for the sicky babies. Hope they feel better soon!

Carrie, can I have some banana bread?

Crystal, GL at Senias appt!

AFM, we had a super busy weekend. DS2 party went really well, we all had a blast. DS1 did the SkyCoaster with me and DH- it was awesome! The SkyCoaster is a bungee cord ride that pulls you up 160 feet in the air (your harnessed in). WHen you get to the top you pull a rip cord and it drops you 150 feet head first then swings you back and forth about ten times. I have done it many times before but DH hadnt. Usually DS is more cautious and would have backed out but he said it was the best ride he ever went on! I was so proud of him for sticking to it!

We missed DDs well baby check this morning as I was running late. Had so r/s it for next Monday. She will be 10 weeks for her 8 week check- oh well. I have a MOUNTAIN of laundry to put away today, we have DS2 psych eval results consult at 4 (kinda nervous for this...) and DS1 has his last soccer game tonight. DH just called and said his V go tr/s for Friday instead of tomorrow...better not be put off for too long!

So, what is your baby up to, physically? How do you 'play'? Its been so long that I must remind myself of the milestones for this age. If you feel like bragging a little, go for it! Harper has amazing head control, holding it up without wobbles since about a week old. Her legs are strong and can support her with little help for about a minute- she loves to jump!! She will lay on her tummy and lift her head about 45* but doesnt seem anywhere near rolling in either direction, from tummy or back. She will track my face and searches for me when Im not near her and she hears my voice (this leads to some MAJOR noise ). She will look at toys but doesnt have much interest in tracking those...As far as play goes, we do a lot of floor time under the activity mat. She also spends a lot of time in my lap or laying next to me on the couch where she can stare. We talk a lot and she really enjoys being talked to. I just read a book to her the other night for the first time and she seemed to enjoy the colors on the pages.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 10-17-2011 at 10:02 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad you asked that question- I've been wondering what other people do with their baby. I feel guilty if I'm not interacting with her whenever she is awake but I need to get things done also because most of her naps are on top of me.

Senia holds her head up really well and she loves to look around- especially to the outside if we're by a window. She LOVES the spinning bears on her swing and she has another stuffed bear that she's starting to grab to chew on. She has rolled from front to back, but she can't if that makes sense. Like she's done it on accident but I don't think she knows how. She's almost rolling from back to front- she wants to chew on the blanket she lays on so she'll roll onto her side so she can chew on it but she can't get her arm out of the way. I just read a book to her today for the first time and I don't know if she liked it or not but I felt better about myself for doing it, lol!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow, I can finally respond from my phone, the app would never allow it before
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote