Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

Good morning, ladies!

So, I pulled out the moby again, and took a picture. Does it look like I'm doing it right? (I will post in babywearing later if I need to.) My biggest question was about her head placement, which is why I didn't do a full shot. I think I've got how she goes in down, I'm just not sure how to tell if her head is right.

Ivy hasn't let us put her down since yesterday... except for a few hours when she slept next to me. I have things to do, so I figured I'd try the moby again!

QOTW - Bits of advice, two parts, so there's something for everyone! What's your best advice for handling a new baby? What's your best advice for getting through the last month of pregnancy?

Advertisement

hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

Holly, your positioning of Ivy in the Moby looks right to me. Hope it helps you get things done today!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hehe, now if only I could shower!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Holly, I think Ivy's position looks great. She looks totally comfy and happy.

I'm beat. MIL came here last Friday, and just left today. Between her and my mom, who was here the previous weekend, I'm pretty sure we have enough meals in the freezer so that we won't have to cook until next year. , but it was a looonngg weekend, lol.

QOTW:
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Looks good to me Holly! Are her legs all tucked up in a ball or through the leg loops. Newborns are most comfy all curled up

Dh back to TX to finished up the Lubbock Job then off to San Antonio to start the next one. 3 day weekday here.. then it's fall brake. Will have all 7 kids home for 4 days without DH home on the weekend.. Wish me luck. I will not be going to church.. We have strep, colds, flu, stomach viruses and who knows what else floating around. Think I will stay home and not worry about Eva catching anything. The 3 oldest can go but going to pump them full of vitamin c and whip out the hand sanitizer.

No more stump! YAY!! It fell off last night. Katie is completely potty trained now. For Nights we were taking a GROBaby disposable insert and putting it inside her training pants. She has now been dry day and night for a full week.. and I still have 5 pads left. LOL! Didn't think she would be night trained for a while still. Love my Katie!!

QOTW~ Best Advice for handling a Newborn.. Sleep when they sleep, Snuggle them all day. Don't stress the little stuff. Enjoy every moment because they aren't little long.

Advice for getting through the end of a pregnancy. Keep busy doing little projects to keep your mind off things. If your dealing with false labor don't pay attention to them till you can't talk through them. Otherwise it will just drive you batty!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpure8 View Post
Looks good to me Holly! Are her legs all tucked up in a ball or through the leg loops. Newborns are most comfy all curled up

No more stump! YAY!! It fell off last night. Eva is completely potty trained now. For Nights we were taking a GROBaby disposable insert and putting it inside her training pants. She has now been dry day and night for a full week.. and I still have 5 pads left. LOL! Didn't think she would be night trained for a while still. Love my Katie!!
Her legs are all tucked up. I'm not sure I could put her legs through the loop, she doesn't like having them straight!

Hooray for the stump and potty training! I was super excited when Ivy's stump fell off, it made diapers so much easier!

QOTW - Newborn advice: Accept help! Any and all of it!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is it wrong of me to be sad that no one has expressed any interest in River really? She's now a week old, and I've not had a single visitor, not even someone dropping off a meal like they did with the other 4. A couple of friends called on the phone while we were still at the hospital, but that's it.

AOTW: Just go with the flow. I'm at a loss for advice at this point - I guess because I'm such a BTDT mom it hasn't really phased me this time around. Especially since my recovery was so much easier this time around than last time post-C/S. If it wasn't for still needing to wear a pad and the sore nips I don't know that I'd even notice that there was an extra tot in the house!
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
litllegreekmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Is it wrong of me to be sad that no one has expressed any interest in River really? She's now a week old, and I've not had a single visitor, not even someone dropping off a meal like they did with the other 4. A couple of friends called on the phone while we were still at the hospital, but that's it.
mama, that is just so sad! Babies should be fussed over for at least a few months post birth! and YOU should be fussed over too...you just brought another person in to the world...that's a HUGE accomplishment!! How about we fuss over her?! Post some snuggly newborn pics for us to over!!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by litllegreekmama View Post
mama, that is just so sad! Babies should be fussed over for at least a few months post birth! and YOU should be fussed over too...you just brought another person in to the world...that's a HUGE accomplishment!! How about we fuss over her?! Post some snuggly newborn pics for us to over!!
Yes! Post some suggly Pics for us to fuss over! I've not had many visitors either but then again, alot of people around here are sick. Think I prefer most people keep their distance. I can count our visitors on one hand.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Soo... We've been cloth diapering now for 8 days, Done diaper laundry 3 times and we still haven't used the same diaper twice. (well one was used twice. Grovia Newborn Owl print). I still have enough diapers to go another 18 diaper changes before we start the rotation again.... think I need to destash some of these. I bought soo many different kinds because I was afraid LO was going to have chicken legs (Like my other 6) but that's not the case. They ALL work well and her pees are starting to get heavier. So excited for her to fit into her small/size 0 Fishnoodles/BSB.

Humm... now.. What to destash?