Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #11
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

Nicole - I totally understand. I haven't had many visitors. My church brought us 2 meals. No friends/family have offered me help. My mom helped clean a couple of days...and brought us some food for the fridge but besides that nada. I've been having to maintain the house since I got home from the hospital. I really thought someone/anyone would offer help but nope.

Advertisement

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

Nicole...I hear ye totally. We didn't even get one card for Johnny. My mother was down to help out and LEFT the night he was born and didn't come back to meet him for 1.5 weeks. My sisters didn't meet him for 2 weeks because they were "too busy", not one person came to visit or called while I was in the hossy...*sigh* I chalk it up to having so many that now they don't think it's a big deal. But I was pretty upset about it for the first 2 weeks.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #13
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

so, I have found the prefold love! I have a couple newborn Hemp Babies Little Weeds finally figured out how to put them on Johnny LOL...they are SO trim and I love them! way more trim than any diaper I have except maybe the newborn grovia aio. I also have a few extended tab prefolds from Andrea and Starlight Expressions that I cannot wait until he fits! Question for you mamas who use prefolds...what are your fav covers that keep the prefold TRIM? I have a couple (imse vimse,prorap,bummis sww) but I really don't like them because they bulk him up. Are pullup style better?
Old 10-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #14
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Saw my midwife today. Dulainn still has abnormally high respiration but he is looking pretty healthy and has gained almost a full pound in just two and a half weeks! However, he just caught his sisters cold I hope it doesn't last long or cause him too much trouble. My mom leaves town tomorrow and I am not ready to go solo yet! My girls are so high energy and I know I am gonna have trouble keeping up with them.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #15
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is both sad and comforting that so many moms of many are in the same boat. We should do a drool over baby thread - I need to get some new pics and that ought to motivate me. I've just been so busy since getting home that I haven't taken many - so much to do with still trying to get the house in order and 4 other kids on top of the newborn. And I'm finding that stuff is just wearing me out a lot too...like today I left everyone but the oldest with DH to run to the grocery store (DH is a horrible impulse shopper and blows our budget every time). I was only gone an hour but am just exhausted now...
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ugh! What possessed me to think at 10 days postpartum that I could go on a 40min walk!?!? I got the okay from my dr. I felt okay. Bleeding is very light off & on. Stitches still hurt/itch a little off & on. Well....I wore Malachi in a moby wrap and pushed Noah in the stroller. I felt good....for a while...but boy. When I got home my girly bits were sore!!

So yeah. I'm going to try to wait at least another week to start up my walking routine again.

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
Angel89411
Banned

Had contrax this AM. 8 minutes apart and hurting enough to keep me from going back to sleep (I had gotten up to pee). Well, DS1 was in bed with us and all 3 of us ended up awake. At 3:30 am. DS1 went back to sleep at 5:30 for a couple of hours. Between re flux and nausea, I couldn't. The contrax had stopped after they made sure we were all awake. DH didn't work today and figured he'd stay up with me. We are both exhausted. There was no nap today.

The teasing needs to stop. Next time I loose a ridiculous amount of sleep had better be for a darned good reason!
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #18
litllegreekmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
It is both sad and comforting that so many moms of many are in the same boat. We should do a drool over baby thread - I need to get some new pics and that ought to motivate me. I've just been so busy since getting home that I haven't taken many - so much to do with still trying to get the house in order and 4 other kids on top of the newborn. And I'm finding that stuff is just wearing me out a lot too...like today I left everyone but the oldest with DH to run to the grocery store (DH is a horrible impulse shopper and blows our budget every time). I was only gone an hour but am just exhausted now...
Just know that those of us with less kiddos you for getting ANYTHING done. You are amazing! Can't wait to see pics when you have time! Can you snap some with your phone?
Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #19
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahbriansmom View Post
Ugh! What possessed me to think at 10 days postpartum that I could go on a 40min walk!?!? I got the okay from my dr. I felt okay. Bleeding is very light off & on. Stitches still hurt/itch a little off & on. Well....I wore Malachi in a moby wrap and pushed Noah in the stroller. I felt good....for a while...but boy. When I got home my girly bits were sore!!

So yeah. I'm going to try to wait at least another week to start up my walking routine again.
Thank you for posting this. I've been itching to start exercising.... but don't want to over due anything. Think I'll wait and focus on putting all my maternity clothing away and washing all my Non maternity clothing. 3/4 of the way done
Old 10-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #20
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been doing little walks for a week or so, today was my first long one. It went well for me. I was glad to get out!
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote