Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #21
noahbriansmom's Avatar
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 744
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

Yeah it felt great for me to get out too. Maybe I should have gone for a shorter walk at first and worked my way up gradually. The weather is finally getting nice here too. So it felt really great outside.

Advertisement

__________________
Michele, wife to Brian, mom to Noah (4yrs) and Jonah (mc at 11wks) 12/10/10, Malachi 10/7/11 and Levi 6/2013.

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #22
hbee's Avatar
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 5,997
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by litllegreekmama View Post
Just know that those of us with less kiddos you for getting ANYTHING done. You are amazing! Can't wait to see pics when you have time! Can you snap some with your phone?
I have to second this... I have a hard time doing anything and I just have one!
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #23
kimmiepie's Avatar
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,107
My Mood:
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Is it wrong of me to be sad that no one has expressed any interest in River really? She's now a week old, and I've not had a single visitor, not even someone dropping off a meal like they did with the other 4. A couple of friends called on the phone while we were still at the hospital, but that's it.
It is sad, but people do seem to care less the more you have. It's just "another kid". We dont' have any help lined up at all, and no one has offered. I'm sorry no one has been paying attention mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambersrose View Post
Saw my midwife today. Dulainn still has abnormally high respiration but he is looking pretty healthy and has gained almost a full pound in just two and a half weeks! However, he just caught his sisters cold I hope it doesn't last long or cause him too much trouble. My mom leaves town tomorrow and I am not ready to go solo yet! My girls are so high energy and I know I am gonna have trouble keeping up with them.
So sorry mama. That is rough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahbriansmom View Post
Ugh! What possessed me to think at 10 days postpartum that I could go on a 40min walk!?!? I got the okay from my dr. I felt okay. Bleeding is very light off & on. Stitches still hurt/itch a little off & on. Well....I wore Malachi in a moby wrap and pushed Noah in the stroller. I felt good....for a while...but boy. When I got home my girly bits were sore!!

So yeah. I'm going to try to wait at least another week to start up my walking routine again.
Be careful with those girly bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel894 View Post
Had contrax this AM. 8 minutes apart and hurting enough to keep me from going back to sleep (I had gotten up to pee). Well, DS1 was in bed with us and all 3 of us ended up awake. At 3:30 am. DS1 went back to sleep at 5:30 for a couple of hours. Between re flux and nausea, I couldn't. The contrax had stopped after they made sure we were all awake. DH didn't work today and figured he'd stay up with me. We are both exhausted. There was no nap today.

The teasing needs to stop. Next time I loose a ridiculous amount of sleep had better be for a darned good reason!
I totally understand!!!!!!


AFM: My false labor the other night was super annoying.

Well then last night my dh had a scare on his hand (burn from peppers but he forgot he cut up the peppers and thought it was a reaction to a fertilizer he used). At 10pm tells me I need to take him to the hospital! So we load up the kids and head to the ER. On the way there he calls his medical student sister and she of course has all these "weird" things it can be and freaked him out even more. We say in the ER parking lot for a long time and the kids fell asleep. At about this time the baby was doing HORRIBLE things to my cervix. Some seriously painful grinding. I was driving, because he was scared he might have a reaction and it would be dangerous for him to drive. So he decided we should just go home. The burning on his hand was better and it probably wasn't any of the things his sister said it could be. He was even worried about Tetanus and I assured him this was NOT the way Tetanus presents.
Anyway, we're driving back and I am in serious pain and grimacing, and then I start having contractions too! I was in tears at this point. I couldn't wait to get home and lay down to get baby off my cervix. We're almost home and DH says take me back to the hospital, my throat is getting tight. ((one of the things his sister said would be bad would be swollen lymph nodes)) So I screech the car around and at this point I am just bawling. I left my phone at home (in a hurry) and I wasn't sure if I was going into labor or not, I was about to drop my husband off in the ER with who knows what and I just pictured myself driving home with 4 kids and going into labor all by myself etc. Btw, the hospital we went to because it is the closest has no maternity ward and I'm having a home birth with midwife so I didn't just want to go in there unless I had to. So we get to the parking lot and he realizes that it's probably a panic attack and says he'll drive that we should just go home. I was so freaking out because of the pain and he felt bad.
Well, we get home and everything was better because I was able to lay down in the passenger seat, and he suddenly remembered the peppers from earlier and felt really silly about the whole thing.
It was one CRAZY night and I slept better last night than I have in a long time. I was exhausted with that and being all night with the false labor the night before.

Anyway, today we are making a grocery trip because I want to stock up before the baby comes. I'm not really wanting to go, but it does need to be done. At least we have some really nice cool weather today! I've been having cramping feelings all day and I can just tell things are "gearing up" down there. Still really nervous about dealing with the pain, but there's really nothing I can do about that. I'll just have to get through it when it happens.

I guess that's it for me today.
__________________
Kim ~ Wife to Michael and SAHM to Hannah (14), Aidan (12), Brighton (9), Oliver (6) and Ephraim (3) 8/10/101/12/11
kimmiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #24
gem898's Avatar
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: US
Posts: 948
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

I'm still waiting for baby. At our appointment last Friday my OB scheduled an induction for next Monday. I obviously don't want to be induced, but I feel like it's a pretty lenient induction date (4 days past due) for having GD. We also got to have a surprise ultrasound because my fundal height was off, but the ultrasound was perfect and she was estimated at around 7.5lbs. It was awesome to see her again and verify that she is indeed a girl and that she has chubby cheeks. It definitely amped up the excitement a little!
__________________
DD 10.25.2011
DS 02.20.2014
gem898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #25
Havah's Avatar
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,207
My Mood:
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

Just popping in to say Still here, and not really anticipating lil Bit making her appearance before the section on Monday. And frankly, with DS contracting what looks like legit influenza on Sunday, (he's slowly recovering from fever, chills, and croup-y breathing/cough) I'm glad she's taking her time. DD's on "flu watch" and I'd rather they were better before I bring the little one home.
Anyways, if I've seemed scarce ... ... now y'all know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Is it wrong of me to be sad that no one has expressed any interest in River really? She's now a week old, and I've not had a single visitor, not even someone dropping off a meal like they did with the other 4. A couple of friends called on the phone while we were still at the hospital, but that's it.
Hey, if I were near you, I'd be over in a heartbeat! As soon as you let me in the door, anyways.
Seriously- no, I don't think your response is wrong at all! A new life is something to be celebrated, no matter what the birth # is. And a mama with several kids (IMHO) needs help more those first couple of weeks than someone with only 1 or 2. But people can be so fickle and self-centered ...
__________________
Jeanne, blessed wife to my best friend EJ , SAHM to
spectrum E 09/06, 06/08, Wyn 10/09, Rose 10/11 & River 03/14
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #26
Havah's Avatar
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,207
My Mood:
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

PS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
QOTW - Bits of advice, two parts, so there's something for everyone! What's your best advice for handling a new baby? What's your best advice for getting through the last month of pregnancy?
P.1: get to know your baby. Books and unsolicited generic advice can be a great launching point if you're brand new to the parenting world ... or, depending on the temperament of your newborn, they can throw you into a greater tizzy! Generally your gut will queue you in to what is best for him/her. If you feel you need to hold them, don't let anyone convince you otherwise. If you feel you need to put them down for a moment and let them cry so you can take breather (and calm yourself), that's okay too! And relax and remember that it's okay for them to cry if all their needs are met. It's not your job to make them stop! Just listen to your gut (again) if it's telling you something more is wrong.

P.2: You know ... I was okay with my first until I went well past my due date. I'd say, listen to your body's needs. If you need to sleep (and can), sleep. Invest in some kind of creative outlet - try to spend as much time as possible engaged in something you enjoy! If you're outdoorsey, go on hikes or nature walks; or light gardening. If you're a homebody: do something comforting and familiar that will be therapeutic instead of challenging (i.e., don't take on a new hobby unless learning new things is exactly what rejuvenates you). I kept myself distracted with container gardening, sewing, and reading ... and DH and I started really bonding over card and board games during those last few weeks as I was too restless to sleep or watch TV!
... after the first, though, it's not so hard (if you're not having physical difficulties, anyways). IME, the older sibs are more than enough to keep my mind off the impending arrival.
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #27
BrandNewMama's Avatar
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: There's no place like home...
Posts: 346
My Mood:
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

Kim...OMGoodness! I can't imagine dealing with all that! Seems like one of those downward spirals that could launch any sane person into complete insanity! I'm so glad that DH ended up being ok and that you were able to find some relief but dang! I hope you get to enjoy a little bit more relaxation this week!

AFM: Still pregnant, still uncomfortable, still wishing LO would make his/her arrival soon. Been having light contractions off and on for a few days now but nothing painful. LO has definitely dropped and I feel lots of low pressure. I know that the more work that is done before labor the better but I'm getting really impatient...my mom says it's just mommy practice
__________________
Blessed and happy wife to DH 11/10 Mama to Z 11/11!
Catholic, mostly SAHM, cautiously vaxing, BFing, CDing,
BWing, non-circing, fun loving, joy filled

Last edited by BrandNewMama; 10-18-2011 at 02:48 PM.
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #28
Havah's Avatar
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,207
My Mood:
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

KIM! How'd I miss your post? "mom in overload", that's how ... but clearly you know more about that than I do.
I kind of feel bad for your DH - if he's anything like mine, he's probably mortified putting you through all that! Glad he's okay, and I'm glad at the bitter end you got some rest.
Your comment about the grinding sounds like what lil Bit was doing to me (also in the car, but I wasn't driving) last Friday. She kept rotating (like she was spinning on her head) and I kept feeling her shoulders grind simultaneously on my sacral nerve and c-section scar. Then her knees would follow higher against my spine. Umm, ouch. Then she topped it all off by punching me straight down in the cervix - I actually felt my sac give with her jab (though thankfully it didn't break). I kept jumping and gasping and poor DH kept grabbing the stick like he was going to pop a wheelie and mach-3 us over to the hospital. I kept gasping at him, "I'm ... NOT ... in ... labor!... baby's ... just ... living ... up ... to ... her ... name!" (little red warrior)
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #29
Angel89411
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post


AFM: My false labor the other night was super annoying.

Well then last night my dh had a scare on his hand (burn from peppers but he forgot he cut up the peppers and thought it was a reaction to a fertilizer he used). At 10pm tells me I need to take him to the hospital! So we load up the kids and head to the ER. On the way there he calls his medical student sister and she of course has all these "weird" things it can be and freaked him out even more. We say in the ER parking lot for a long time and the kids fell asleep. At about this time the baby was doing HORRIBLE things to my cervix. Some seriously painful grinding. I was driving, because he was scared he might have a reaction and it would be dangerous for him to drive. So he decided we should just go home. The burning on his hand was better and it probably wasn't any of the things his sister said it could be. He was even worried about Tetanus and I assured him this was NOT the way Tetanus presents.
Anyway, we're driving back and I am in serious pain and grimacing, and then I start having contractions too! I was in tears at this point. I couldn't wait to get home and lay down to get baby off my cervix. We're almost home and DH says take me back to the hospital, my throat is getting tight. ((one of the things his sister said would be bad would be swollen lymph nodes)) So I screech the car around and at this point I am just bawling. I left my phone at home (in a hurry) and I wasn't sure if I was going into labor or not, I was about to drop my husband off in the ER with who knows what and I just pictured myself driving home with 4 kids and going into labor all by myself etc. Btw, the hospital we went to because it is the closest has no maternity ward and I'm having a home birth with midwife so I didn't just want to go in there unless I had to. So we get to the parking lot and he realizes that it's probably a panic attack and says he'll drive that we should just go home. I was so freaking out because of the pain and he felt bad.
Well, we get home and everything was better because I was able to lay down in the passenger seat, and he suddenly remembered the peppers from earlier and felt really silly about the whole thing.
It was one CRAZY night and I slept better last night than I have in a long time. I was exhausted with that and being all night with the false labor the night before.

Anyway, today we are making a grocery trip because I want to stock up before the baby comes. I'm not really wanting to go, but it does need to be done. At least we have some really nice cool weather today! I've been having cramping feelings all day and I can just tell things are "gearing up" down there. Still really nervous about dealing with the pain, but there's really nothing I can do about that. I'll just have to get through it when it happens.

I guess that's it for me today.
Sorry. Sounds fun! I am glad he is okay and I have felt silly before, too. My husband is Mr calm and level headed when it comes to stuff like this. It annoys me. I wish HE would do something like this so I don't feel silly about my ER visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megm View Post
I'm still waiting for baby. At our appointment last Friday my OB scheduled an induction for next Monday. I obviously don't want to be induced, but I feel like it's a pretty lenient induction date (4 days past due) for having GD. We also got to have a surprise ultrasound because my fundal height was off, but the ultrasound was perfect and she was estimated at around 7.5lbs. It was awesome to see her again and verify that she is indeed a girl and that she has chubby cheeks. It definitely amped up the excitement a little!
Yay for an u/s! I am glad she is doing good! I hope your induction goes well or even better - baby girl decides to come on her own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havah View Post
Just popping in to say Still here, and not really anticipating lil Bit making her appearance before the section on Monday. And frankly, with DS contracting what looks like legit influenza on Sunday, (he's slowly recovering from fever, chills, and croup-y breathing/cough) I'm glad she's taking her time. DD's on "flu watch" and I'd rather they were better before I bring the little one home.
Anyways, if I've seemed scarce ... ... now y'all know why.



Hey, if I were near you, I'd be over in a heartbeat! As soon as you let me in the door, anyways.
Seriously- no, I don't think your response is wrong at all! A new life is something to be celebrated, no matter what the birth # is. And a mama with several kids (IMHO) needs help more those first couple of weeks than someone with only 1 or 2. But people can be so fickle and self-centered ...
I hope your induction also goes well. And you never know when baby will suddenly decide to come.

And I agree that it is very important for each birth to be celebrated and you have the right to be upset about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMama View Post

AFM: Still pregnant, still uncomfortable, still wishing LO would make his/her arrival soon. Been having light contractions off and on for a few days now but nothing painful. LO has definitely dropped and I feel lots of low pressure. I know that the more work that is done before labor the better but I'm getting really impatient...my mom says it's just mommy practice
I am so with you. My bag is packed. Stuff is set up. I am ready. Where is baby?????


AFM - I just sent DH to the store for fresh pineapple. I actually do want it. If it helps labor, BONUS! I ate a ton of it last time and it made no difference. I am breaking out the breast pump tonight and I plan on scrubbing my floors tomorrow after I put the pocket on my longies. I walked around a few stores earlier. I am ready. Now. Right now! Come on, baby!!

Last edited by Angel89411; 10-18-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #30
hbee's Avatar
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 5,997
Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/17-10/23

Hi, ladies!



I made the longies, (katrina size nb) and the waistband is almost too small for my 5.5 lb baby!
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.