Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 10/17-10/23 Marchkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
For real! He usually works 6:30-3 and I'm usually dead tired when he gets home and I only have 1 toddler! He has a great job though so I try not to complain, but man some days are long.

Movement - funny story, they detonated/demolished a bridge near our house yesterday morning and it woke little bit up - I got 3 or 4 good kicks out of it. I'm almost 18 weeks and am starting to feel them a bit more regularly now.

Not me Monday - I did not just eat 3 1/2 home made raspberry muffins (and want more) and I am not considering watching a third movie today...

I totally understand. DH leaves the house at 5 and doesn't get back until 7-7:30 (he works 85 miles away )

Advertisement

m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
Hopefulily
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I'm 19 weeks and still not feeling much movement! I might get 1 or 2 kicks a day, but that's about it. And even those aren't really strong I'm not worried, but I wish that I was feeling more movement. I don't remember what was going on at this point with Claire.
I will be 20 weeks on Wednesday and don't really feel much movement either. I had an u/s today and the baby is doing well! I'm sure the movement will pick up for the both of us in the next few weeks.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #13
MyTurntobeMom
Registered Users

Hi everyone, can't believe its already Wednesday! I did read all the posts, but since im on.my phone I will skip individual replies. I hope all you sickies feel better soon and all of you with calm little ones I'm sure the break dancing and karate kicks will begin any day now!

AFM- My DH just got switched to two months of overnights :-( so he's gone 8:30pm-6:30am then he sleeps 8/9am-5/6pm!!! I hate it! We are.lucky if we get one meal together! However there was a trick or treat thing going on near us yesterday so i dressed dd up and went with afriend, THAT was great because we never get out except to walk the dog or to our crummy neighborhood playground. Today is raining, we are stuck @ home, we need groceries, and I have a lot of house work to get done...at least dd is on a good mood ;-/
Cara Louise 7-23-2010 7:42am 7lbs 20.5" Born at Home
Breastfeeding, Sleeping where we please, Baby wearing, Cloth diapering, and God fearing
MyTurntobeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #14
MyTurntobeMom
Registered Users

Hi everyone, can't believe its already Wednesday! I did read all the posts, but since im on.my phone I will skip individual replies. I hope all you sickies feel better soon and all of you with calm little ones I'm sure the break dancing and karate kicks will begin any day now!

AFM- My DH just got switched to two months of overnights :-( so he's gone 8:30pm-6:30am then he sleeps 8/9am-5/6pm!!! I hate it! We are.lucky if we get one meal together! However there was a trick or treat thing going on near us yesterday so i dressed dd up and went with afriend, THAT was great because we never get out except to walk the dog or to our crummy neighborhood playground. Today is raining, we are stuck @ home, we need groceries, and I have a lot of house work to get done...at least dd is on a good mood ;-/
Cara Louise 7-23-2010 7:42am 7lbs 20.5" Born at Home
Breastfeeding, Sleeping where we please, Baby wearing, Cloth diapering, and God fearing
MyTurntobeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #15
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yuck, 2 months of nights? DH had one month earlier this year - I wasn't pregnant yet - but it was miserable.

Two things I've decided :
1. I am going clothes shopping. I hate almost all of my clothes and they don't fit.
2. I am going to start blogging...again. We'll see...
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #16
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry I haven't been participating lots have been happening. Me and hubby and kids moved and have been here a week and a half and love our neighbors! Kids do too even though the other kids are older. Still putting away and everything. Had dr appt and ultrasound yesterday (they still say girl)! (That makes 4 girls and 1 boy). Dr says no salt and plenty of water due to swelling of feet, I have low blood pressure, and they are watching my weight. Oh and I had an infection so now I have huge horse pills that make me sick and choke...2 times a day for 7 days. But I weighed 130-135 lbs to start and now I'm 140 lbs but if I gain too much they will take her if she gets too big. She was 11 ounces yesterday...if I go all the way they will take her march 2nd! Report cards for my kids in school come out today. I have a snap appt today and for wic for me and my son on nov 1st. I hope things will get easier soon. Just tired and sick most of the time. Oh and carpal tunnel of the wrists and elbows hurt...but that's all I can remember. Now I'm just thinking of names!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnmomto3 View Post
Sorry I haven't been participating lots have been happening. Me and hubby and kids moved and have been here a week and a half and love our neighbors! Kids do too even though the other kids are older. Still putting away and everything. Had dr appt and ultrasound yesterday (they still say girl)! (That makes 4 girls and 1 boy). Dr says no salt and plenty of water due to swelling of feet, I have low blood pressure, and they are watching my weight. Oh and I had an infection so now I have huge horse pills that make me sick and choke...2 times a day for 7 days. But I weighed 130-135 lbs to start and now I'm 140 lbs but if I gain too much they will take her if she gets too big. She was 11 ounces yesterday...if I go all the way they will take her march 2nd! Report cards for my kids in school come out today. I have a snap appt today and for wic for me and my son on nov 1st. I hope things will get easier soon. Just tired and sick most of the time. Oh and carpal tunnel of the wrists and elbows hurt...but that's all I can remember. Now I'm just thinking of names!!!
If you have low blood pressure why on earth would they tell you NOT to eat salt? Pregnant women need salt because your blood volume increases so much. Cutting out salt seems like a very dangerous recommendation to me.

and you do know that ultrasound measurements aren't that reliable, right? Maybee it's just the way that you wrote it, but this talk of "taking" the baby early just because of size kind of freaks me out! How big were your other babies? Cutting out sugar and grains and replacing them with healthy fats is the best way to make sure that you don't have any sugar issues, pregnant or not.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #18
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hello ladies,

Just got back from an amazing trip to Aruba. DD was so good on the planes and the whole trip really. It was so relaxing to just be with DH all day and lay on the beach and go out for dinner at night. We went once before but it was 8 years ago, we don't want to wait that long for the next trip.

Tomorrow is my ultrasound, I should be just under 21 weeks so hopefully we know for sure it is a girl (they said most likely at 16 weeks) and can find out all the other info they said it was too early for last time. I didn't even get pics last time

This week is pretty busy and my niece's 5th birthday party is on Sunday, should be really fun as she is having a superhero theme and DD is dressing as super girl and my two nieces wonder woman and batgirl.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #19
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
If you have low blood pressure why on earth would they tell you NOT to eat salt? Pregnant women need salt because your blood volume increases so much. Cutting out salt seems like a very dangerous recommendation to me.

and you do know that ultrasound measurements aren't that reliable, right? Maybee it's just the way that you wrote it, but this talk of "taking" the baby early just because of size kind of freaks me out! How big were your other babies? Cutting out sugar and grains and replacing them with healthy fats is the best way to make sure that you don't have any sugar issues, pregnant or not.
and also make sure to get 80 to 100 grams of protien daily. Cutting salt won't help with the swelling, but making sure to get enough protien will.

DS measured 13 oz at my 20 week u/s and was born, vaginally from my 5 foot nothing frame, with no issues and weighed 8 lbs 12 oz at birth. A LOT of factors between now and march can affect your baby's size, but that shouldn't be a reason to take her early.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Suthrnmom, I'm with the other ladies here; your doctor kind of scares me.
Are you like 4'2"? Why on earth would they be concerned with a 5lb gain half way through your pregnancy?
And drink lots of water, yes, but don't cut out salt if you've got low blood pressure. That's just silly.

I would not agree to let anyone "take" my baby early for any of the reasons you've stated. Ultrasound measurements are not always accurate and it's not recommended to induce/cut for a suspected big baby, no matter mom's size.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum