Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #21
kspicer119
Registered Users

Re: 10/17-10/23 Marchkins

suthrnmom, I too have low blood pressure, aroun 85 over 45 but my ob has never said anything about it. Did your doctor tell you why the low blood pressure was a problem, other than light headedness?

afm, I had a doctors appt and an ultrasound today. I am 17 weeks right now, so they wouldn't tell me for sure the gender, but most likely is a BOY! I have two girls so I am quite excited. It looked pretty obvious boy to me, but I guess we will varify it in about a month. Anyhow, the main reason for the ultrasound was to check my cervical length, and so far it is good, but they did notice that my placenta is really close to my cervix. So no jarring exercising for me, no more running. But I am really excited about a nice long cervix.

Advertisement

kspicer119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #22
MyTurntobeMom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
Yuck, 2 months of nights? DH had one month earlier this year - I w
asn't pregnant yet - but it was miserable.

Two things I've decided :
1. I am going clothes shopping. I hate almost all of my clothes and they don't fit.
2. I am going to start blogging...again. We'll see...
Yes 2 loooong months! Then it will be crwzy days til things calm down around late January! It has been this way every year since we've been together but it still sucks and it does nothing to benefit us as a couple/family at all :-( I'm just glad the baby is coming when it is because DH might actually be able to take more than 2 days off tgis time :-)

I've been meaning to start a simple blog FOREVER...I need to pick a creative name for it and get my house more in order so I'm not embarrassed to post pics lol

I joined the minimalist group and would be so proud of myself if I can do some major purging before new years. Plus its definitely time to refocus some energy towards my business (selling Usborne & Barefoot books).

I agree about the protein and salt too.
Cara Louise 7-23-2010 7:42am 7lbs 20.5" Born at Home
Breastfeeding, Sleeping where we please, Baby wearing, Cloth diapering, and God fearing
MyTurntobeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #23
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I finally told my employer that I am pregnant! (she's an OB, remember? LOL). The good news is that she will probably be able to help me get a more convenient ultrasound time, and she didn't seem upset that I waited this long to tell her.

I also have a job interview tomorrow. I really don't think that I want a job, but I got called for the interview, so I've decided to keep my options open. Right now I'm making 375 average for 3 days of nannying and I don't have to worry about childcare because I can have my daughter with me. Most of the day i'm not actually nannying, so this new office job will have to have awesome benefits for me to contemplate putting my daughter in daycare again. I'm going to dress as pregnant as possible, haha. They'll have to love me to offer me a job that way.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #24
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay so this baby won't be officially named until after he's born, but I think we've narrowed down the first name. Not sharing it quite yet b/c it's still subject to change, but had to share this CUTE story from this morning.

So, DD is drawing some pictures, then she comes over to me and tells me that she drew a baby in its crib with some brown pajamas, and that it's a girl. Then the conversation went like this:

Me, tapping my tummy: "What's this baby?"

DD: "A boy."

Me: "What should we name this baby?"

DD gives a blank stare.

Me: "Do you like X or Y better for a name?"

DD: "Y."

Me: "Or what about Z?"

Then I just sit there, and DD then puts her hand on my tummy and leans in and says to it, "I love you, Y."

Now we just need a middle name, lol.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #25
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Salt she said was for swelling. I'm 5'6" so no biggie there. My other babies were: makenzi 7lb12oz (had trouble delivering and after) 42 weeks induced, Brylei 6lb10oz (no trouble) 37 weeks induced, Taelyn 7lb 14oz(had trouble after delivery) 41 weeks, and Lachlan 6lb10oz (no trouble and natural), 37 weeks induced. I also have an infection she says but I have a small throat (inherited from my granny) and her horse pills won't go down so I called and asked the nurse for another antibotic that might be easier but now she was talking about just doing an insert??? I think ill just choke myself on the horse pills first. If I lived closer to any other dr I would go to them instead of to this clinic but every other dr is over an hour away and every other hospital is too and this one is maybe 15 minutes away. So darned if I do darned if I don't!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #26
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Okay so this baby won't be officially named until after he's born, but I think we've narrowed down the first name. Not sharing it quite yet b/c it's still subject to change, but had to share this CUTE story from this morning.

So, DD is drawing some pictures, then she comes over to me and tells me that she drew a baby in its crib with some brown pajamas, and that it's a girl. Then the conversation went like this:

Me, tapping my tummy: "What's this baby?"

DD: "A boy."

Me: "What should we name this baby?"

DD gives a blank stare.

Me: "Do you like X or Y better for a name?"

Me: "Or what about Z?"

Then I just sit there, and DD then puts her hand on my tummy and leans in and says to it, "I love you, Y."

Now we just need a middle name, lol.
That is sooo cute. We tried doing that with DS with some of our "M" names we have been tossing around. He didn't like Matthew, Machaiah, Mason, Maverick, Malak, or Malachi, BUT liked MacGyver and immediately repeated the name and used it the rest of the evening. Unfortunately, everyone else thinks it is a bad choice. (DH isn't opposed but because everyone else is, he vetoed it) --I still like it though
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #27
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So The Hubby is trying to force me to choose a name for the baby while I'm telling him that I do not want to choose one until baby is born. He thinks it's against the law and a horrible thing to do to a child to not have a name picked out beforehand 8/ I just don't want him blabbing the name out to everyone and their mama (and their mama's third cousin once removed!) before hand. If he would be able to keep his trap shut for a bit I would agree but he has shown that he has no control over himself at all and I know he will blab about it. Whoever said women were the gossips never met him. We had agreed not to tell anyone about this pregnancy until I was a bit further along since we found out pretty early on and less than 48 hours after we both agreed it was the best thing to do I had people asking me why they had to find out second/third hand. Same thing with the sex of the baby. Hours after he found out I had people calling/texting me to confirm that they'd gotten the correct information...
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #28
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
That is sooo cute. We tried doing that with DS with some of our "M" names we have been tossing around. He didn't like Matthew, Machaiah, Mason, Maverick, Malak, or Malachi, BUT liked MacGyver and immediately repeated the name and used it the rest of the evening. Unfortunately, everyone else thinks it is a bad choice. (DH isn't opposed but because everyone else is, he vetoed it) --I still like it though
LOL! MacGyver? I don't think I would go for that one myself...how could a baby live up to that name? hahaha.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #29
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
LOL! MacGyver? I don't think I would go for that one myself...how could a baby live up to that name? hahaha.

I know, I know, everyone DH has brought it up to has said ... "seriously?"
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #30
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just bought a small dish of salmon roe ( caviar ). Apparently it has around 20,000 units of vitamin D per teaspoon! So I am trying it for the first time ever. I hope Claire likes it! Oh and I have been getting some good kicks today! So exciting