Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Jaybaby
Registered Users
seller

Need help with my first FSOT please

Hi everyone,

I have been CD'ing for about 8 months now and think I'm finally ready to sell off some of my first purchases off DS to purchase the new BG Freetime . I have several BG 4.0's and some other miscellaneous diapers I am wanting to sell for some PP. Since this will be my first FSOT I was wondering if someone could help me with proper and fair pricing and how exactly to describe my diapers. I appreciate anyone who is willing to help. Thank you!

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Jaybaby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need help with my first FSOT please

I know one of you lovely mamas can help me
Old 10-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You'd probably get more answers in the Transaction and Feedback Forum:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...splay.php?f=48

But your pricing depends on the condition and here's what I would suggest to describe as these are what people are most concerned about:

- How is the elastic? Does it need to be replaced; are they starting to get relaxed, or is there a lot of life left.
- If you have the snap version, not a lot to describe there. But if it's hook and loop, in addition to taking photos of the condition of it, I'd describe whether or not the tabs are curled, whether or not it still sticks (or in between), is it starting to get fuzzy, etc.
- Is there any staining?
- Are there any snags in the PUL? I assume since they're the 4.0's that the PUL, in general, is in good shape. But I always check for any cracks anyways (on the inside of the diaper).
- Also, it's normal for BG's to have pilling here and there but it's good to describe that as well.

In all your listings, it's beneficial to say what you wash your dipes in and whether or not, for example, you line dry or dry your covers in the drier. People also like to know how dingy the inserts are.

Also, your prices should always include PP fees and IMO shipping costs.

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is good too:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...2#post11517152

I forgot to add it is a rule to put delivery confirmation on your packages.

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Old 10-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
Jaybaby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BldrArch View Post
You'd probably get more answers in the Transaction and Feedback Forum:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...splay.php?f=48

But your pricing depends on the condition and here's what I would suggest to describe as these are what people are most concerned about:

- How is the elastic? Does it need to be replaced; are they starting to get relaxed, or is there a lot of life left.
- If you have the snap version, not a lot to describe there. But if it's hook and loop, in addition to taking photos of the condition of it, I'd describe whether or not the tabs are curled, whether or not it still sticks (or in between), is it starting to get fuzzy, etc.
- Is there any staining?
- Are there any snags in the PUL? I assume since they're the 4.0's that the PUL, in general, is in good shape. But I always check for any cracks anyways (on the inside of the diaper).
- Also, it's normal for BG's to have pilling here and there but it's good to describe that as well.

In all your listings, it's beneficial to say what you wash your dipes in and whether or not, for example, you line dry or dry your covers in the drier. People also like to know how dingy the inserts are.

Also, your prices should always include PP fees and IMO shipping costs.
Thanks for the advice. One quick question. I have never sold anything using PP, what are pp fees? How much are they? And how do I figure in shipping costs to the price? Can I get an estimate of what it would cost to ship?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You can figure out PP fees by searching pay pal fee calculator in google. You'll input the amount you want after fees and it gives you the amount to ask for.

I estimate shipping by weighing my item on a kitchen scale and looking it up on USPS postage calculator. You can print shipping labels through PP if you have the weight of the item. That's what I do. Otherwise you just have to go to the PO. Delivery confirmation is 20 cents through PP but 80 cents if you buy it at the PO.

Red Dog | Studio

Etsy | Free US Shipping