Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
*Summer*
Registered Users
seller

Unhappy Nutritional Yeast and Hives

I had EBF my baby until she was 5 months old. About a week and a half ago I started giving her a few bottles of formula because I got mastitis and my supply got really low on that side. I thought I wanted to quit breastfeeding because it was my second time having mastitis (due to oversupply). But I decided I wanted to keep breastfeeding after doing a a little supplementing for a week. On the Similac Sensitive she was on for a little over a week she seemed to do fine. The other night I found a website that had recipes for lactation cookies, and I made a big batch of them. One of the ingrediants was nutritional yeast. I ate a lot of them Saturday night, and then yesterday hoping to boost my supply. It did work.....but today my baby broke out in hives all over and I had to take her to the ER. It was a complete waste of time, and they just told me to give her Clariton, and give her soy formula. I found a website online that says warn your doctor if you are breastfeeding before you take nutritional yeast as it can cause hives and other side effects. I am thinking this is what caused her hives . She got them right after breastfeeding. She refused the breast earlier, and screamed when I tried. So....I gave her a bottle with formula. I had no idea the nutritional yeast could do that. So now I can't breastfeed because she still has hives all over, and my currently supply is contaminated.

Advertisement

*Summer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
*Summer*
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nutritional Yeast and Hives

Does anyone know how long it takes for a particular food to be out of your breastmilk?
*Summer* is offline   Reply With Quote