Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/20

Advertisement

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/20

Ok, I've lost count of how many mamas we have in labor... Heather, Tanya, Chelsea (maybe), mom2finm (Austin)... Who else?

Afm: lots of BHs and I feel yucky! My MW is coming for our in home apnt today and we have parent teacher conference night w/ Ds1. Busy and i'm so sleepy.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
Ok, I've lost count of how many mamas we have in labor... Heather, Tanya, Chelsea (maybe), mom2finm (Austin)... Who else?
RIIIIIGHT?!? I can't hardly keep up with the chat, much less how many BABIES we're having!!! Can't wait to start seeing chats about the newborns.

From yesterday: I'm gonna try floradix again just straight and wash it down with something. But maybe not today as I'm feeling pretty nauseated and I really don't need puking in my life.

10/20.... crazy.

Glad I slept well the night before 'cause last night was terrible. Both my kids were cranksters and were up a lot, not too mention the one on the inside was sticking her feet out my side the whole night. Blech.

In other random news... last week our microwave quit working and I was secretly kind of upset about it. 'Cause we had a pretty nice Sharp microwave that has worked really well.... but because we're living as missionaries on support, I knew we wouldn't be able to afford to get a NICE microwave and we'd probably just have to accept someone's used off-brand microwave that they weren't using anymore 'cause they didn't like it.... Well, yesterday someone sent us a check to cover the entire cost of a BRAND NEW microwave, so last night we went to sears and picked out a nice HUGE kenmore microwave. I'm just super excited about it and I just feel like God was really taking care of me, not just in my need for a microwave, but also emotionally. (Sorry for the long, not that important story! )
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
3Munchkins1togrow
Registered Users
seller

Babies Everywhere!!! I am so excited to start hearing some of these birth stories I am living vicariously through them because I am huge and miserable so what else am I going to do!

Thia - I am sorry you feel bad I have been that way for about a week now, not good times. Hopefully your appt and conference go well!

Lauren - Hopefully the Floradix works for you. My little girl was doing the same thing last night, in fact she decided to do a complete flip at one point, hurt sooo bad I thought she was going to just break out. I was sitting in the living room with tears rolling down my cheeks trying not to draw attention to it so I didn't scare the kids, and poor DH was watching in horror, he saw my stomach going crazy and arms and legs, he just kept apologizing over and over. None of mine have ever completely flipped this late in before. OUCH. Also Yay for your microwave!

AFM - No real plans for anything. Still feeling pretty icky too, so I imagine I will not be doing too much. Man I am super boring these days!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

lots of babies this week. I'm so excited. I'm hoping my baby shows up soon but not before Nov 6th that is when I can have my home birth.
And I'm with you on being large and miserable. AT least no one is asking if I had the baby yet.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

woot for babies, i don't think i'll go in to labor anytime soon.

er... so my M/W made me make my homebirth consult/back up doc appt last week. she just sent me a name and number. who happens to be the OB to the stars!? he delivered tori spelling and angelina jolie's baby. (who also is a HB advocate I guess?) lol. i did not know this. so I thought maybe he is a doc trying to make a quick buck but his reviews say that he is a great OB and his consults are awesome! o.O paying out of pocket for now though my MW says he'll send me a super bill.

either way I am pretty stoked but totally not looking forward to the 30 min drive on LA freeways.

Last edited by naura; 10-20-2011 at 07:35 AM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning girls!

Lauren - sorry bout your micro but so glad you got a new one! I wasnt so lucky last month and now have to use a tiny old one from when me n hubby lived in a camper for like a year (saving up for our house LOL). i hardly use mine but of course it went out when i was making microwave popcorn lol
Old 10-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning!!

Thia and Laura - sorry y'all are feeling bad

Lauren - Sorry for the yucky night of sleep. Awesome on the microwave though

Mollie - That OB sounds kind of awesome, lol Maybe you'll see someone interesting while there

Babies - Wowzers, there's a ridiculous amount being born! We're just past halfway into October. I'll be 37 at the end of October, but I don't want a baby before the 2nd week in November because I won't be preparing until the first week, lol. Plus, I really don't think I'll go early. I can't wait to read birth stories and see cute fluff pics though

AFM - Its finally cool here, woot! I have a window open and we're wearing long sleeves and pants. So awesome! Hope it doesn't warm up again like it did last time. We're chilling today, doing laundry and minor cleaning. Maybe I'll actually clean the bathrooms today, we'll see. I'm also planning on doing some knitting. I have a sweater to finish and a couple ooga-monster butt longies sets to start on for a friend. We're supposed to be going to a local corn maze/pumpkin patch with friends tomorrow, but everyone keeps backing out We'll see if we wind up making it or not. I was really looking forward to it too!!
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lauren~ oh no on the sucky night of sleep and yippie on a new microwave.

Mollie~How neat about the ob.

AFM~ feeling pretty crampy off and on since Sunday when i was at L&D triage, I was checked then and super high and closed up, but ive been feeling crampy feelings down low so hopefully something is going on.

DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #10
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Hey mamas!

I'm definitely not in active labor. In fact, I've tried everything and nothing is giving me consistent contractions. I have resigned myself to the fact that this LO is not ready. I am okay with that as I am only 36w6d today and would love to bake him a bit more. My water isn't leaking anymore so I think it possibly resealed itself. My midwife said that was possible but there is no way to know for sure. So at this point just taking it one day at a time! I sat for 4 weeks last time with my water broken, so it isn't unusual for me. I don't think this LO will wait 4 weeks because I am much farther along, but I understand if he needs another week or so to bake. I just have to fend people off who want me to go to the hospital because in our culture water breaking = baby in 24 hours. My family thinks I'm nutso and even one of my midwives (the one I don't like as much) is getting worried.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote