Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Honestly, the only thing that eases my nausea is my progesterone supplements. I can feel when they're wearing off and it's awful. The good news is that I have to keep up my twice a day regimen until at least 12 weeks. The worst should be over by then.

B6 worked for my daughter along with keeping a lemon and a zester in my purse. When I felt nauseous, I'd zest a bit of the lemon and just smell it. It worked!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #12
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Re: Yuck!!!Feeling sick!! Any suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Honestly, the only thing that eases my nausea is my progesterone supplements. I can feel when they're wearing off and it's awful. The good news is that I have to keep up my twice a day regimen until at least 12 weeks. The worst should be over by then.

B6 worked for my daughter along with keeping a lemon and a zester in my purse. When I felt nauseous, I'd zest a bit of the lemon and just smell it. It worked!

I had no idea that progesterone might help with m/s... its been so interesting that this time my nausea has been 10x worse in the evenings than any other time of day. I wonder if it has to do with taking my progesterone morning and night... interesting! Of course I did notice that when by tatas started getting tender (towards the end of 2WW) they always hurt in the late evening.... hm. Interesting either way. This is my first pregnancy that has been symptoms in the evening. But I'll take em any way they come!

As to solutions, ginger yes! Ginger ale (made with real ginger like Canada Dry) works well for me... lemon in water to avoid that bloated over drinking feeling after about 3 sips of water Also, with DD I couldn't brush my teeth without puking, FIL suggested holding my nose closed while brushing and that totally worked! tho I have no idea why... lol. Vit B never worked for me but that's something that may or may not work day to day, person to person.. sooo.. worth a try, though!

Good luck!

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie

Last edited by Dewberri; 10-22-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
proudmommy5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am going to be trying the lemon thing, right now I am sick ALL day I can't even walk in to my kitchen with out pucking(it's clean, it's just the smells) I hate to think of food but I get soooo hungry. hopefully m/s will only last a little longer I feel like my body is turning against me right now
Old 10-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #14
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Joy - it was my doc who mentioned the unexpected benefit of progesterone. I asked if it would make my symptoms worse and she said no, that when the progesterone starts to wear off, I'll feel worse. She's been right so far!

Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #15
angelarose
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just tried sucking on some lemons and it seemed to help
Old 10-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
mother of 4, soon 5
Registered Users

My Mood:

i drink lemon water when ever I go places. Although today, I just woke up and was groggy, asked hubby to get me some water, Whats he do? he goes into the kitchen pulls out these hidden lemons, slices them up and puts them in ice water! I was impressed he bought some cause I just told him last week it helps with nausea for me. So he went and bought me some He got a gold star for that one.

mother of 4, soon 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never had to deal with morning sickness (yet), but when I get carsick or am feeling ill, RICE CRACKERS (not to be confused with rice patties) help me feel better. They sell them at Costco, in a box with both cheese and sesame flavors. They're so light, easily digestible, and always make me feel better.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:17 AM   #18
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My best friend sent me crystallized ginger. I just take a piece and bite it between my back teeth and sort of suck on it. I am AMAZED how well it works. The lemon in water is something I've done too as well as saltines...but my kiddos keep stealing the saltines and it doesn't help the nausea if I have none left to eat.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #19
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post
My best friend sent me crystallized ginger. I just take a piece and bite it between my back teeth and sort of suck on it. I am AMAZED how well it works. The lemon in water is something I've done too as well as saltines...but my kiddos keep stealing the saltines and it doesn't help the nausea if I have none left to eat.
Bad kiddos! That's too cute. My little one can't get to much in the pantry so most of my munchy m/s snacks are safe Although DH has been known to steal them...

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #20
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

oh! I just remembered, last time I was pregnant at the exact same time, and I got a bag of jolly rancher lolliops in the Halloween aisle- the pink lemonade ones helped so much! My kiddos were happy to et the other ones and so that they didn't eat all my preggo stuff, I just kept it on the Bakers' rack and told them all that stuff was off-limits!

For some reason, nibbling on extra sharp white cheddar cheese has been helping the past 2 days....