Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
newborn stash for a LARGE baby?

So...this is baby #3 for me but #1 for cloth. Both of my boys were over 11lbs and 22in so they were BIG. I am trying to figure out what to do for the newborn stage since this kiddo will probably be close to the same weight. So far I have:
3 econobum covers/prefolds
1 GroVia shell
1 thirsties cover sz 1
1 dz GMD reds seconds
1 dz Imagine yellows (just bought )

I am thinking the pefolds will probably fit at 1-2mo since my other kiddos grew fast but I am pretty stumped for the infant stage. I was going to do a rental but I think KL0 will be to small but will the sz 1 be too big? should I go will some GMD yellows? fitteds? and a couple more covers? I just don't want to spend a ton on dipes that will be worn for 2-3wks what works for such a big infant? I am in a shopping mood

Sam wife to Tracy mama to Anthony (9) , Nick (7)
Violet 3/12
Check out my Mary Kay on Ebay
nmrgrl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
My babies are big at birth too. First two were over 9lbs. Third lo is due any day. We did cloth from day one. Prefolds worked the best for my newborns. Lots of options of how to fold. So they were more adjustable and lasted awhile, plus cheap. Not as much fun as pretty fitted diapers though. One size fitted might be another option. Not sure of a specific brand, but would need snaps down the front to be the most adjustable.

Good luck!
love_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
My Mood:
Re: newborn stash for a LARGE baby?

MIne were not that big, but newborn dipes are useless in my home. I usually do a small AIO, fitted, or pocket for the first month or so for a good fit and then go to OS pockets. If I had 11 lb babies, I would just go to OS dipes from the get go.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: newborn stash for a LARGE baby?

OS diaps for sure. Pockets you could do Rumparooz. They may not last as long on the back end of diapering but they are great for larger babies (even smaller babies) from the get go. I also used FB smalls and they still fit DD and she is over 20lbs. Love the FB OS too but I only have one.
Wife to R and momma to two boys and two girls!
Need Childcare options, want a live-in au pair? Check out Cultural Care Au Pair! PM me for more details
chayla is offline   Reply With Quote