Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Mamas4lilgifts
Registered Users

My Mood:
Im a pacifier..........how about you?

For the last 2 days I have not been able to but my daughter down for more than a few minutes before she is screaming and calms right down at the breast. I know she isnt actively nursing all day long just using me as a pacifier. but seriously is she the only one out there or are there others babies that cant be put down? this goes on all night too I can get pleanty of sleep as long as I hold her all night if I lay her down it only last a few mins before she is awake screaming. this wouldnt be so bad if I didnt have other kids and a house to take care of. I had to have my 8 yr old hold her for about 45 mins last night just so I could get dinner cooked. I guess I just really need to find a baby carrier of some sort so I can get things done around the house without having to put her down.

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Im a pacifier..........how about you?

I'm having this same problem! I even broke down the other day and offered him a pacifier. Yeah...that didn't cut it for him. I'm going to break out the baby carriers for tomorrow and see how that goes. My husband goes back to work tomorrow so it'll be just me, infant, & 2yr old.

Nights are super hard because he eats for about 30-45 mins. Then I try setting him down. He wakes up a few minutes later with a wet diaper. Then he wants to eat again....and repeat. I've been getting an average of 3 hours sleep a night. I'm praying this increases in the next few weeks.

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are ok during the day so far but nights are rough. She'll only fall asleep if I'm holding her!
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thankfully, Eva only uses me to eat, doesn't care for binkies and doesn't need anything to suck on. (WOW.. Yet another difference between her and my other kids.) She's nursing a lot more lately too.

A baby carrier was a life saver with my last 3. That may help you get through this "binky" phase.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
Mamas4lilgifts
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wasnt going to offer her a pacifier right away but the nurses gave her one in the nursery, and honestly it has been a lil bit of a lifesaver LOL but same thing here the last 2 days it is NOT cutting it for her, I handed her to her daddy tonight so I could go get her diapers in the washer and he kept trying to give her the paci and she kept jerking it out of her mouth as soon as she was back in my arms she quit screaming though...........
Old 10-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
Mamas4lilgifts
Registered Users

My Mood:

yeah I really need a carrier wish I had never gotten rid of the one I had with my youngest, just cant really afford it but I think it will be the only thing to save my sanity or atleast my house from going to a disaster zone LOL! what would you guys reccomend as the best carrier for hands free nursing?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Mamas4lilgifts
Registered Users

My Mood:

I feel your pain Nicole, my dd is the same way at night Ive just given up and sleep holding her all night. I have to be able to function the next day and to be able to get up with the boys (ive already made my oldest miss his bus once since the baby was born, he woke me up as the bus was pulling away oops)
Old 10-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
Octmom2009
Registered Users
seller

Glad I'm not alone! DD has attached to me the entire day for the last 2 days! At 12am last night I broke down and sterilized a soother. Thankfully she took it and slept 3 hours, got up to eat and the slept for 4 hours!!! It was heavenly Today she seems to be back to nursing then sleeping so maybe for her it was a growth spurt? Of course today she wanted nothing to do with the soother. She made the most disgusted face when I tired to give it to her so I could tend to DD1.

Last edited by Octmom2009; 10-21-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Octmom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #9
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

DDC-
It was like this with me for DD It does get better! And remember, using you as a pacifier actually stimulates building a good milk supply in those early weeks, so it serves a purpose, as well as keeps baby happy ^_^ Definitely look into investing in a carrier, and yay for older kids who can help out!

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Reb is the same way and even worse, he HATES the wrap and sling no matter how I put him in there. Luckily I can occasionally get him to take a pacifier, but the only one he can keep in his mouth for more than a few seconds is his WubbaNub