Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Jonathan Connor has arrived!

My little man Jonathan Connor has arrived! He was born at 6:21 this morning, oct 20, weighing 6 lbs, 12 oz and 19.5 in. and today is my moms birthday!

Short birth story:
I had a feeling yesterday that things were starting to move. At dinner time I didn't want to eat really, so I just ate yogurt and fruit. Around 8 after feeling like ctx were getting a bit stronger we decided for dh to take the kids to his moms. I started doing a bunch if random stuff to keep moving, bouncing on the ball, etc. Went to the hospital around 10:30, after 30 min on the monitors they checked and I was 4-5cm. In about an hour I made it to 8cm, then my ctx slowed to around 4 an hour. For a long time. The dr hadn't been called appearantly at this point. After a couple hours they brought me the birthing ball to sit on, that got my ctx moving a bit more and got me to 9 cm. My water still had not ruptured at this point(which is typical for me). Around 20 til 6 I started to feel a bit more pushy, I thought that the nurse said that they were going ahead and calling the dr at this point, they felt my membranes being intact was the only thing keeping him in at this point even though I still had a slight lip. But appearantly since the night nurses were leaving, the dr wasn't called, or at least wasn't told more than I had been in labor overnight. Around 6 the ctx speed and intensity really picked up, and I started feeling much pushier, I was told I still had a bit of lip but at this point I INSISTED that they call the dr, I didn't care if he broke my water at this point, I knew I was hitting transition and didn't have much longer. I also sat up more in bed, not really caring about the monitors at this point, and started gently pushing as I felt needed, I just didn't tell them. After about 5-10 min of this, I started peeing the bed, very badly, but I noticed that I couldn't even talk when I pushed the nurses button the ctx were so intense. She came in to change the chuck pad, I couldn't even lift my hips up. Managed to get the old one out, as soon as she got the new one under me I knew baby was coming. I told the nurse something like "baby is coming!" I think I pushed a very small push, mostly involuntary, as she threw on the emergency call light, my water broke and I immediately felt the ring of fire. Of course the nurse is still the only one in the room and is trying to get me to breath (also b/c she was afraid I would tear) but at this point my body had pretty much taken over and 2 other nurses came running into the room while he was crowning, and 10 seconds later he was completly out. Then of course 30 seconds later the dr comes strolling into the room wondering what the comotion is about, lol. Appearantly when they finally called him they never told him I was just about ready to deliver.
So he arrived healthy and even though I was slightly worried about tearing with as fast as he shot out, no tearing at all. And we had a lovely 2.5 hours of skin 2 skin after he was born and he hasn't hardly left my side since. Pictures attached!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20111020_160405.jpg (8.3 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20111020_160421.jpg (8.9 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20111020_160433.jpg (10.4 KB, 122 views)

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
meg321
Registered Users
seller

Re: Jonathan Connor has arrived!

Yay! Congrats!!!
meg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
framus
** Do Not FSOT with this member~ Contact Admin**

My Mood:

Congratulations!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

He's perfect! Congrats!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He's beautiful! Congratulations!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats! Glad it went awesomely!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
Mercy24
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congratulations Chelsea! He's absolutely precious!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations!! He is beautiful!

Blame the typos on the iPad!
ho11yb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations! He is so adorable!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #10
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats from Dec!!! He looks beautiful!!