Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #1
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/21

Morning

So I'm probably up for the day. I have a midwife appointment at 10:45 so will have to leave the house around 9:30. The sitter is coming to my house for dd so I also need to get a few dishes done Sometime today I need to grocery shop, pack my bag for my trip this weekend, clean my car, and load it LOL. I will be leaving for my parents tomorrow and will be back by Monday Afternoon. Sooo excited as I havent see my parents since July Although I can't say it enough that all of these babies being born are making me nervous!

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 05:02 AM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/21

Morning...

Well, I was supposed to have my in home MW apnt last nught, but (rather disconcertingly) my MW forgot. I have been having lots of BHs and some menstrual type cramping and have been very weepy to boot, so her missing that apnt did not help AT ALL. I ended up in tears over it all.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen... By the time I went to bed last night, my BHs had pretty much just become one long, continuous contraction. The whole top of my uterus was just cramped up (very stitch like). Weird...

Also, LO is totally starting to drop...

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took a shower at 6:30 this morning and dd had woken up so then i laid down with her and fell asleep...oops! lol so now trying to get stuff ready!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Morning! I'm still in the hospital so pretty much sitting around holding and cuddling baby.

My poor dd1 didn't want to leave her baby brother last night. I had to explain to her that we can all go home saturday. And now I'm pretty sure if we have another it will be a home birth.

Just b/c i think it's cute, here's a pic of the proud big sister holding her new baby.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20111021_092549.jpg (10.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20111021_092605.jpg (9.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 10-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Chelsea - That's sweet.....I fear the boys will try to snatch the baby from me and parent it....already they're talking about "our baby". They're pretty gung-ho about holding everyone else's babies, too. My 4 year old would sit on the couch holding my friend's baby girl for an hour if we let him.

Thia - Sad that your midwife forgot the appt. I would have been upset, too. I've also been having a lot of period type cramping lately......I don't really think it happened as much in my last 2 pregnancies. I still don't always notice BH contractions, unless either my belly just feels tighter than usual or someone points one out to me.

Nichole - Good luck on your trip....sounds fun>

AFM - Got to have a fun girls' night for my b-day, then went to a friends house and got to rifle through baby stuff. I inherited about a dozen GMD oranges, another dozen UBIPFs, a few PUL covers (2 Bummis, a Thirsties, and an Imse Vimse), a good chunk of nb/sm wool (some of which was mine), and the 2 gn clothing items she had....feeeling more ready, stash wise. Now I have to motivate and make a grocery list........didn't want to clean the fridge and do the shopping on my b-day. Luckily DH cleaned the fridge out ( happy birthday to me).
Old 10-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma View Post
Lauren- So excited for your new microwave! It's funny the things that are a HUGE deal to us when we are pregnant! But, I totally believe it was a God thing. He knew this wasn't something you needed to stress over!
Thanks everyone! Yeah, this is exactly how I felt about it... like it's not just God providing for my PHYSICAL needs, but also my cooky preggo emotional ones!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckerswife View Post
My new little princess in a snap-ez Preemie pocket. Yesterday she was 5 pounds 1.6 ounces
Oh my word, SO cute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortdrawbryant View Post
Morning

So I'm probably up for the day. I have a midwife appointment at 10:45 so will have to leave the house around 9:30. The sitter is coming to my house for dd so I also need to get a few dishes done Sometime today I need to grocery shop, pack my bag for my trip this weekend, clean my car, and load it LOL. I will be leaving for my parents tomorrow and will be back by Monday Afternoon. Sooo excited as I havent see my parents since July Although I can't say it enough that all of these babies being born are making me nervous!
My goodness! Sounds like a busy day! Careful not to overdo it! Might send YOU into labor! Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
Morning...

Well, I was supposed to have my in home MW apnt last nught, but (rather disconcertingly) my MW forgot. I have been having lots of BHs and some menstrual type cramping and have been very weepy to boot, so her missing that apnt did not help AT ALL. I ended up in tears over it all.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen... By the time I went to bed last night, my BHs had pretty much just become one long, continuous contraction. The whole top of my uterus was just cramped up (very stitch like). Weird...
Weird about your MW forgetting... that would definitely stress me out.

Also, yeah... I had constant pain like that last night too.... just really really crampy and contractiony and baby was SUPER painful. I had a lot of pain getting in and out of DS2's bed (he has a cough and kept waking up)... their beds are so doggone low and I feel like such an awkward painful dork getting up and down!

Chelsea, SO CUTE!!! Love sibling pics!

Jenn, happy late birthday! Congrats on the kindle and the girl time... and the clean fridge! My DH did that this week, but just 'cause he's OCD about random things. Ha. Glad you got your fluff stash!

AFM: Got most of my kitchen cleaned and reorganized yesterday and washed THREE LOADS of JUST TOWELS from all the company we've had lately! Folded what felt like 700 towels and even got them put away! ha. More laundry today, boys clothes to fold and need to wash covers and wetbags for baby.

Oh, made pillsbury orange rolls last night and could have eaten the entire pan myself. MMMmmm.
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.

Last edited by momnixon; 10-21-2011 at 08:56 AM.
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nichole- be careful and enjoy your weekend!!

Thia- how frustrating!! Is she going to come another day or just wait til next week? I have felt like I had a big long constant contraction, but it's usually after I eat. I'm thinking it has something to do with me be SO full and the baby's position maybe? I can't imagine trying to sleep like that though!

Chelsea- so sweet! That is exactly why I am having such a hard time getting excited to go into labor and leave for the hospital. I don't want to leave DD at all! I have never left her overnight and I feel awful about it. We did talk about a home birth but decided against it. (for many reasons) I hope this last day goes by fast so you can get home to your other little ones!

Jenn- glad you had a good birthday!! And how exciting on scoring all of those diapers! That would have made my day!!

Lauren- ooh laundry. I usually love laundry but I despise it lately. It's just never ending and it's not going get any better! I can't believe you had to do three loads of just towels! How many towels did each person go through!?! I've never had orange rolls before...I might have to look into them! My friend gave me 3 HUGE sugar and cinnamon cookies yesterday and DH ate one after I went to bed. I was seriously almost in tears this morning when I found out. It was totally ridiculous but I was SO excited to eat all three of them myself!

afm...I finally stuck my fingers in DD's mouth and realized that one of her two year molars just started to pop through and the other three are right there too. That totally explains the fever earlier this week and her behavior all week. I feel bad now Hopefully the others will break through and she will start sleeping better again!
I also went a little crazy and got the house clean yesterday! Everything is ready to go for the baby and the house is totally clean....I wonder if we can keep it this way until the baby actually comes!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning ~! I have no hip pain this morning (it was bad yesterday but I drank lots of water yesterday and I guess I was dehydrated) and I'm feeling really discouraged and jealous! I want my little girl here and I feel like no pain no gain...
Old 10-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Dbl post

Last edited by rainydaysunshine; 10-21-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #10
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Jamie-we rescheduled for tues evening. I have to say, I'm not really happy w/ that. I feel like, since we were doing GBS swab and getting birth supplies, she should have tried for tonight.

ETA: it could just be hormones/ hurt feelings making me feel that way, though.

Last edited by rainydaysunshine; 10-21-2011 at 10:47 AM.