Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #11
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
Morning...

Well, I was supposed to have my in home MW apnt last nught, but (rather disconcertingly) my MW forgot. I have been having lots of BHs and some menstrual type cramping and have been very weepy to boot, so her missing that apnt did not help AT ALL. I ended up in tears over it all.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen... By the time I went to bed last night, my BHs had pretty much just become one long, continuous contraction. The whole top of my uterus was just cramped up (very stitch like). Weird...

Also, LO is totally starting to drop...
With my last baby, I had to go to my midwife. We made an appointment over the phone and she wrote it down in her calendar for a Tues instead of Thurs. When I showed up on Thursday she was not even there. She thought it was strange that I had not showed up on the Tuesday but then I thought it was strange that she had not called to find out why. I ended up just ignoring the situation and double checking all my appointments before leaving her office.

Advertisement

Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #12
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Back from my midwife apt and midwife didnt say anything about me being too close or anything like that so makes me feel like i do still have time left LOL I go back on Thursday and have my GBS swab and u/s that day. Getting closer!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #13
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Afternoon!

Lauren - OMG, three loads of towel?? Exhausting just thinking of it. I hate laundry, I'm behind, and I'm sure it'll just get worse. I hate having to sit and fold and put away, grr. PS, you're making me totally jealous with those orange rolls!!!

Chelsea - They are so cute! Hopefully today goes by fast and y'all can be together again

AFM - I am so tired. I didn't sleep too well last night, and we spent all morning at a local pumpkin patch/corn maze type place. DD loved it! She was scared of the animals last year (she screamed, very loudly, at the cow, and then proceeded to talk about him for a week and make sure he couldn't get her), but this year she actually petted and fed the goats! I think she's actually napping now too, woot! She is giving up naps, so this is a rarity! My baby shower is tomorrow, I'm excited to be able to spend a few hours chatting with my friends
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thia- I totally agree! Next Tuesday is still so far away, especially if you feel that your body is getting ready for labor.

Jessica- have fun at your shower!!

So everyone keeps talking about period like cramping and I just started having it last night while I was sleeping. It woke me up a few times and I just thought it was random contractions but I've had it all day and it isn't when I am having a contraction. Isn't cramping your uterus contracting? (at least when you have your period) So what are these cramps without contractions? I am not a fan
Old 10-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #15
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma View Post
So what are these cramps without contractions?
Um, annoying?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #16
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

I take that back, she didn't nap blah

I get random period-like cramping too, but for me, I know its just a muscle/ligament/something down there that isn't happy. I've had it pretty much all pregnancy, and more so on the right. If it were to ramp up or something, then I guess I'd figure it was actual contractions or something. Like you said Jaime, cramping is your muscles/uterus contracting. Our bodies are being productive
Old 10-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #17
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama View Post
Um, annoying?
LOL
Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #18
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I had to go to a teacher inservice day at work today but only had to stay til noon. Then I came home and slept for FOUR HOURS! DD slept with me for about 2 of them and they she got up and I still slept (don't worry dh is here, she wasn't running around by herself lol). Now I'm STARVING b/c I havent eaten all day!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #19
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama View Post
Um, annoying?
haha seriously! Every time I feel it I think, "oh great, my period started, better go put a pad on..." then realize that I have a HUGE belly and it is not my period I'm not looking forward to those days again!