Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #11
Connor
Registered Users
seller

But hypoglycemic is low blood sugar, so your body needs sugar.

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #12
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help I'm losing to much weight and another question.

If you have hypoglycemia, you need to meal plan so that you get even amounts of sugar into your body throughout the day. You should NOT avoid sugar entirely, but should avoid simple sugars, alcohol, and fruit juices (whole fruit is GOOD). Eat small, frequent meals at regular times, with plenty of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and fat.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #13
misty316
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
If you have hypoglycemia, you need to meal plan so that you get even amounts of sugar into your body throughout the day. You should NOT avoid sugar entirely, but should avoid simple sugars, alcohol, and fruit juices (whole fruit is GOOD). Eat small, frequent meals at regular times, with plenty of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and fat.
Yea that

I try my best to do that but with nursing a baby homeschooling the other two and the house and washing diapers and other laundry & the list goes on and on I'm sure you know all this you are a mom to.... anyway I do try.

Do you have any other suggestions of healthy snacks?
misty316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wholly Guacamole is great for a fast snack - real avocado goodness in a little pouch you can squeeze out for fresh guac and chips or a quesadilla anytime. The pouches can be frozen, and are available in 4-packs at Costco.

Ants on a Log are simple and can be made up to two days ahead. The celery starts to deteriorate after that. If you've never had this, it's celery sticks stuffed with peanut butter and topped with raisins (ants).

Instant oatmeal is great but you mentioned you had trouble with unsoaked oats. I like to make a pack or two with a dollop of coconut oil, some honey, and cinnamon or fruit (fresh or dried).

Shelf-stable tofu is great to have on hand - soft can be added to smoothies and soups, extra firm can be stir-fried, added to scrambled eggs or any meatloaf/meat sauce, or you can chill it and eat it plain (my fave!).

Nuts are another good one, try macadamia or pistachio if you're worried about allergens - they tend to be less allergenic. I make homemade trail mix with granola chunks, chocolate chips, dried cherries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and a dash of sweet&sour seasoning.

I've never tried them, but I've heard LANA bars are good.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #15
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya with the weight issue. Ive ALWAYS had a hard time keeping my weight up. Before DS was conceived, I was 5'6 112, full term I was a healthy happy 160+, 6 weeks PP I was already down to 120 EBFing. I felt awful, and actually started passing out (yikes). I too, eat healthy and avoid processed foods. What helped for me was staying on top of my water intake-10 glasses/day MINIMUM. Also, I started drinking soy protein shakes for breakfast (with whole organic milk) with wheat toast and a few TBS peanut butter. I added as much good fat as I could to everything (e.g., peanut butter, olive oil and started taking fat supplements too) and tried to add some dried fruits in my diet too (since they are higher in calories). I stopped passing out within a month and have been feeling a lot better generally. My weight is stable around 112 (Ive just actually gained 5lbs so Im pretty proud of myself) and mama and baby are happy and healthy. Im still nursing too-DS is 14 mos. :-)

Last edited by amb2j; 10-28-2011 at 09:07 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote