Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Vomiting after nursing in one yr old....

Hi ladies...so I am a little concerned if this is normal or not. My DD has thrown up 3 times today after nursing. Last night was the first night EVER that she slept "through the night". 8:45pm until 6:15am with no nursing. She nursed at 6:15am and did not vomit. 8am she nursed and vomited a few minutes later, and again at 10am. She just nursed 15 minutes ago, and within 5 minutes, had the largest amount of vomit yet. It came out her nose. (She is only throwing up milk, no solids). She was also trying to poop at the same time, and I had to "help" her finish, which I have NEVER had to do before.

I'm wondering if this could be happening because of not night nursing? Could that have changed my milk? Or is she getting too much because I am fuller and neither one of us is realizing it? Could this effect poop as well?

Thanks Mamas! I feel so bad.

P.S. I should add that I switched her from the futon mattress to the pack n play next to my bed. THAT is what got her to STAY sleep! She only woke once, at 3am, which I was expecting to take her out and nurse her, but no, she just rolled back over and went to sleep! Amazing. I hope I can get her from the pack n play to the crib next....!

Advertisement

Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
lilluciana
Registered Users
seller

Re: Vomiting after nursing in one yr old....

Is it possible she is sick/tummy ache? Maybe that is why she slept so long too.
Otherwise I don't have an answer, my children never seemed to notice a difference after they quit nursing at night.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vomiting after nursing in one yr old....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilluciana View Post
Is it possible she is sick/tummy ache? Maybe that is why she slept so long too.
Otherwise I don't have an answer, my children never seemed to notice a difference after they quit nursing at night.
I've posted this in 3 different places and everyone says it's probably a bug, so I'm guessing it's that! She's never been sick before...it didn't even cross my mind.
Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote