Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have a cold...

I know, I was weirded out by it too, but it's instant gratification so that made it worth it. Neil Med gives them away all the time.

ETA: The concern with vitamin c is that if you take too much it could give you diarrhea and dehydrate you, so as long as you keep hydrated it shouldn't be a problem because you can always reduce the dosage.

And regular strength Robitussin is safe for use in all stages of pregnancy. I usually try to keep medications to a minimum and only break out the big guns when truly desperate. My brother-in-law brought his son over with a cold when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my last baby and got me sick. It turned out he had RSV so I was using those meds and every other trick in the book to kick it!

Advertisement

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.

Last edited by Squeaky McMurdo; 10-22-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have a cold...

I only ever take natural vitamin C, like in acerola cherries (in that bolthouse drink) or rose hips. You really can't overdose on that because there's enough sugar in the juice that you'd get sick of it before you did, even if it that were possible. I generally try to avoid supplements that aren't natural, so asorbic acid (as Vitamin C) isn't one that I generally take.

Still, it's helpful, even if not as helpful as the more natural kind, and you would have to take a TON to have any kind of negative effect on you. I think all evidence points to it being GOOD for the baby, not the other way around.