Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Harvest Babies Weekend Chat 10/22-10/23

Morning

I can't sleep. Hips and back are hurting and I'm anxious to start this trip so I can get the road time over with. I will be leaving between 8-9 and prolly wont be on back on my computer til after 5 or possibly not back on at all today depending on how busy I get visiting. Just saying so no one worries that I'm in labor or something LOL!

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Harvest Babies Weekend Chat 10/22-10/23

Nichole-Have a great trip! Make sure you stop and get out of the car often. I am sure you know us big 'ol preggos need to do that frequently

Ok, so I am term as of tomorrow and I guess I should start walking/ taking labor prep tincture/ other stuff to help the baby get into position/ cervix ready, but I have to be honest... DS2's birth is still really fresh in my head and I am hesitant. I am stuck between wanting to meet LO/ being tired of being pregnant and being worried about the intensity of labor. The weird thing is, when I look back on DS2's birth, I don't even think it was that bad, but this one worries me. I guess it's because she's posterior and that is a new one for me. DS2 was breech, but I didn't know that, so no worries!

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Morning!
Have a good trip, Nichole!

Thia- I was a bit hesitant about having baby and labor with the youngest not quite 20mo. But I was done enough being pg I hit the ready point.

Afm- headed home today! Probably after lunch. So we will see how out goes with 4 kiddos at home.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Good luck, chelsea!

Old 10-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning.
I got my ergo that I bought off of ebay. The only thing is that it reeks of smoke and the listing said it was smoke free. SO now I'm trying to get the seller to pay to have it dry cleaned about $20-25. All he offered was $10 so I now have to file a case and hope that ebay will make him pay $20 to get it cleaned.
I also got my husband's new phone from ebay. It was supposed to be a used phone that worked fine. IT has a broken screen so again I have to try to get my money back.
The lesson here don't buy stuff from ebay sellers with little to no feedback. I'm hoping ebay realizes that both of these sellers have basically no feedback and that I'm not trying to scam them. I just feel so bad opening multiple case in one week. This is only the second / third time I've had to open a case for an item I've received and I buy a lot of stuff on ebay.
Thia, I hope you get your baby soon. Overdue is hard. I was past my due date with both of my first two.
Nichole I hope your trip goes well.
Chelsea Best wishes. I hope all goes well. The trip home was hard on me both times but we had an hour trip and the baby always got hungry before we got to the house.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Sally-i'm not over due, my edd is 11/13. I am just full term. I guess I'm just venting some labor worries. I just really didn't have any w/ either of the boys.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thia- I know exactly how you feel. My baby will be 17 months old on my due date, and his birth is still so fresh. Pushing hurt like H*LL, but it only lasted about a minute (he had stuck shoulders, so he was yanked out of me), but I was 7-9 cm. for 3-4 hours, and I was really struggling to get through the contractions. I am so not looking forward to labor this time. However, I also remember holding my newborn, how small and perfect he was (small, even at 9 lb. 12 oz!). I know life will be difficult for me for the next 4-6 weeks, but I also know it will be worth it. I've also realized that the more kids I have the more I worry about going through labor, so that's totally normal. Hang in there! We'll all be holding our babies soon!

Sally- Hope you can get your e-bay stuff figured out. I hate when sellers misrepresent their items, so I try really hard to give too much description, to the point of being super nitpicky just so the buyer isn't disappointed.

AFM- My SIL went home for the weekend, and DH is at work, so it's just me and the kids today. Tomorrow DH will be home, so I'm hoping the kids will behave so he can rest. I love having my SIL here, but she's constantly engaging in power struggles with my oldest. Now, Adam is a very difficult child, and DOES NOT respond well at all to being told what to do or how to do it. I've learned how to deal with him in a healthy way where we're both getting what we want, but there have been several times this week when I've gone to take a nap and wake up because they're yelling at each other. She's young (20) and doesn't have any kids of her own (although she's got younger siblings, the youngest is 7), but I may just need to have a talk with her about Adam. I really just don't have patience or energy to deal with arguments right now.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
3Munchkins1togrow
Registered Users
seller

Hello Ladies!

Nichole - Hope your trip goes well! Car rides are starting to become one of my least favorite things.

Thia - I totally understand your hesitation. This baby is certainly being an individual. She wont stay in position. She is constantly flipping. I have never had a baby flip this late, mine were always head down and very low. Not her, she has been doing complete turns, which are excruciating, and she spends lots of time transverse. The Dr thinks that is the only thing that has kept me from going into labor is her moving. Which a good because a few more days to term for me, but certainly has it's drawbacks. I am really worried about labor, the other night I had a very strong ctx, and she managed to move during it, I thought I was going to split open. Not to mention if she keeps this up he wants to "discuss" our options. Thats never good.

Chelsea - yay for going home! Let me know how the 4 kids thing goes so I can mentally prepare!

Sally - Sorry about your e-bay issues. I have only had a few and nothing too terrible, just some diapers that were not quite as described and I was able to live with it. But that is always my fear of getting something just way off. I hate it that it is new sellers too. I am new, and they make it really hard for new people to sell and get feedback because of the issues that arise from their dishonesty.

AFM - I am just feeling so fed up. Yesterday I had ctx 5-10 minutes apart all day long. Then they stop. I so bad want to stop counting and timing and stop worrying about it because it is driving me crazy, but I can't. With my last birth I didn't count or really pay attention I was only 35 weeks anyhow. Well when my ctx finally got regular and strong enough for me to pay attention I had to call someone to watch the kids, call my dad to take me to the hospital (DH was deployed), by the time he got there I was ready to push. We drove to the hospital only to have them try to make me register in the ER, I made it to L&D and was there for 1 minute before she was delivered by some random Dr who was standing at the nurses station. Then she had to go to the nursery because her whole face was bruised and purple from the fast delivery and they couldn't tell if she could breathe or not. Everything total was 46 minutes. Well this time we have to drop the kids off and drive to the hospital the whole thing is like an hour ordeal, I need to be more on top of it this time, if possible. Since the Dr has told me I could really go at any time, it's like really I am going to do this for who knows how long and drive myself crazy everyday waiting to see if this is it! I'm just frustrated. Sorry for the long rant!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Oh my, can't keep up!!!! Sorry to not respond to everyone yesterday... I did READ the whole thread! But we're just getting busy here.... all these births are kinda makin' me see how unprepared I still am. Need to organize and wash covers.... Sunny today, would be a good day for it.

Laura, sorry you're stressed about labor.... though I must say I'm jealous of your quick labors!

Sally's - I'm sure ebay will be helpful.... if not, paypal has guarantees too, I think.

Thia, posterior babies are NOT fun... but I hear they frequently turn once contractions start and things start opening up. I hope it's a good experience! I'm desperately wanting my LO out too. I wanna hold her.... but I wanna skip labor!

Chelsea, Yay for being HOME!!! How's it going?
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Oh, P.S. I just found out that my bestest friend in the whole world, who has been TTC for the past 8 months got a BFP on Wednesday!!!!!! I'm so glad.... 'cause even though she already has one little girl, she really wanted more kids and just really wanted to be pregnant and I was feeling kinda bad about having my LO in Nov while she was trying so hard to get preggo... and then we JUST found out last week that this other friend is preggo and she hadn't hardly been trying at ALL. Sooooo, anyway.... she's due in June and I'm just really excited for her. Also, while scoping out the June 12 forum I saw that Lucy (wordmama) is pregnant again! So if y'all think about it, send up a prayer for a sticky little bean!
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote