Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Weekend Chat 10/22-10/23

Hi everyone.

Thia- I suppose I should start moving around a bit more too! I was much more active in last pregnancy and fast labor. Just a lot more uncomfortable this time.

Jennifer- that's so interesting about the more kids, the more you fear etc birth. I was so "whatever happens" with DS#1 and weirdly enough, this is the birth that I'm most......oh gosh, here we go again.....with this one. Kinda nervous about pain after, getting around with kiddo's first few days, simple things like putting toddler for nap(normally a bit of an ordeal/cajoling!!!)

Laura- that's crazy how much your little one is moving! Hope it calms down for you. My guy just hurts me when he moves and it's always on the left side of me. Not sure why, but will ask ob on Monday if it's anything got to do with where my placenta is? She hasn't said anything about being anything other than head down. I did ask if "tell me he's not huge" last time and she said no. I think it's because I'm kinda skinny normally, that when I get to this point and earlier, my stomach feels so hard, like a tight balloon and it hurts. I must have an amniotic sac of steel too as it never has broken with other kids! Your last labor sounds dramatic! I don't blame you for being nervous this time.

Momnixon- yay for your friend. I think it can be awkward sometimes as I have a neighbour who I know was trying about 2 years ago(they have a 9 yr old) and I know it was a long shot as she was 40- something then. I was a little awkward saying that we are having another. Here's me with 4 kiddo's and they have one. But they didn't start until late 30's and then not again until few years. I think they have probably stopped now though......

Chelsea- good luck going home. I know that first few days can be hard. Hoping it goes well for you.

Sally- that really sucks about the ebay purchases. Eww...to smoke. I have washed an ergo in the washing machine before, gentle, line dryed and it was fine, but of course didn't have smoke.....

I just got a notice from paypal saying that they have a new policy and my account is selected that they will hold any money for 21 days!!!I'm so mad as I've only ever had one dispute where lady sold fake coupons, about a year ago, she refunded, ebay banned her. My mother sends a lot of pp at xmas for kids gifts and I obviously will need that. Plus she usually gives a gift of $$$ for new baby. I think I'll dispute it as I can't see any reason why they should do that. I think they are just trying to hold my money as long as possible as they see I transfer it within a week or so back to bank a/c. I just transfered $200 this week she sent for DS2 bday. Unless it doesn't count when sent as personal? I hope so or it will really mess up xmas for us.

AFM- discovered DS2 in a Park District poster all around town today and on their facebook page! Toddler spotted it at Tae Kwon Do class and pointed it out to me, so funny. I'll have to snag a few of the posters to keep!! He's so cute, in a plush Nemo costume from about two years ago.

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi girls I need to go back and read but will try to do that tomorrow. My trip was good. DD slept 4 of the 6 hours so I didn't stop at all. It really wasn't bad at all other than having to pee bad the last hour of the trip LOL! I will be here til Monday morning So far so good. Only a tiny hagup with dd's bedtime as she hasnt been here in 3 months she got scared when i went to lay her down for bed even with me laying next to her it took over an hour to calm her down Now she is asleep and I hope she stays that way til a decent time in the morning!
I will say it definitly feels weird to be away from the hubby. This is the 1st time since being married we have been apart like this. But I have talked to him on the phone plenty today and he is haing fun at the offroad park. Only downsides so far is 1) his play truck quit workin (he still has his 4wheeler to ride) and 2) he ran over his cellphone :/ so i have to call that in tomorrow or monday and that will be $50 for the deductible Luckily he has his nephew and a ton of other family there with him so I can still get ahold of him if need be.
well i need to get to bed this is the latest i have stayed up in a while LOL!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:21 AM   #13
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nichole- glad your trip was not too bad! You are braver than me, I am definitely not leaving home any time. I'm 38 wks tomorrow and I had DD2 at 39+0 wks, so I am all prepared for another slightly early arrival. Although not really prepared, plenty of things i'd like to do... but oh well, they will get done at some point.

Thia- there are a lot of us with kids who were born early 2010! I understand being scared of the birth, but hopefully posterior should be fine, usually they turn esp if it is not your first. The other night I had a nightmare and was thinking 'Why in the world would anybody put themselves voluntarily through natural childbirth??' LOL. I think it was just part of my homebirth fears surfacing and hopefully I have completely dealt with it now. I'm really praying for an easy labour like last time, but of course you never know.

Sally- I'm sorry about your ebay issues! Completely annoying!

Re: exercise.... my main problem is that for me to go for a walk I need to get packed up with some snacks etc, get both kids into the stroller, get the stroller out of the house... and it's just too much effort!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Nichole, I am in awe that you didn't stop to pee!

Sally, try washing it with vinegar and see if the smoke comes out. I'd put the vinegar in the washer while it's running and then let it fill all the way up before putting the ergo in and then let it soak for a while, then rinse an extra few times. I actually have no idea if that works, but I read somewhere that vinegar takes out smoke. Oh and I've totally washed my ergo in the washer (just do it on gentle) and it's been fine! I just hang to dry.

Oh and exercise, yeah right! That's pretty laughable to me. I can barely stand for two minutes, let alone exercise!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:27 AM   #15
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sally - That really sucks! I hope everything gets taken care of!

Nichole - Glad the car ride went well, hope you enjoy your stay! I can't believe you went 6 hours without peeing!!! That should be a prego world record

Chelsea - Hope everyone is settling in smoothly at home!

AFM - Ugh, I totally can't sleep. It's currently 5:30 here. I forgot to take my unisom, and tried to convince myself listening to HypnoBabies would be enough. Yeah, I've been up and down since going to bed at 12:30. I meant to go to bed at 10, but at 10:15 DD woke up with leg pain, and it took me an hour to get her back to sleep. So I was in bed at 11:30, but listened to HB for an hour. And I'm fighting a cold, totally sucks. But we did have a good date night (involving the Crab Shack and walking B&N, lol). Apparently MIL thinks I'll go Nov. 1st. Hoping she's not right! Though it would be kinda cool, b/c then I wouldn't have to pay for my low-risk consult
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

h trust me I thought MANY times of stopping but dd was asleep and i was on interstate the whole time and sooo did not wanna stop on the side of it (I was alone with a baby = no no stop unless emergency LOL) like i said i really didnt have to pee til the last hour so really only held it for an hour
Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Hey, just wanted to check in.
We are home, everything is going ok. Ds1 was having a major hard time adjusting at first (knocking toys over, kicking and fussing), but after he realized I wasn't going to pay attention to tantrums but would pay attention to positive behavior he straightened up.
My house is a disaster zone though.