Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
MamaCoffee
Registered Users
Formerly: babydazedesigns

Saturday/Sunday Chatter

DS phone app math: NAK-ing + a small touchscreen keyboard + autocorrect + poor proofreading = potential for incoherence. My apologies.

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
MamaCoffee
Registered Users
Formerly: babydazedesigns

So yesterday was a total mommy FAIL day.

First, I was burping Ellie up on my shoulder with one hand and closing up shop/switching sides with the other and she did this herky jerk move and fell off onto the couch beside me. Thankfully, I was on the couch and there was a couch pillow next to me, so she was absolutely fine. Then, I was rounding the corner to head upstairs for nap time and she again herky jerked and bonked her head on the wall. Again, she was fine, no tears or anything. Of course, by this point, momma felt like a total heel. Then not five minutes later, when I was hoisting Micah onto our bed for naptime, I hoisted him up a little too forcefully and he face-planted into the book I had just tossed up there for him to read while I nursed Ellie to sleep. THAT of course brought tears, though he's sorta a drama queen, so I didn't feel as bad. But, seriously! Some days I should not be left alone with my kids! I guess it's a good thing it's the weekend and DH is home.

As for today, just hanging out at home. I have a couple sewing projects to finish up, including a doll for our niece's first birthday next weekend, converting some GMD prefolds to prefitteds, and my ring slings...which I'm most excited about! I got some beautiful silk on super clearance at JoAnns that is going to make a beautiful RS! So glad I ordered an extra set of rings from slingrings!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

DS phone app math: NAK-ing + a small touchscreen keyboard + autocorrect + poor proofreading = potential for incoherence. My apologies.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Naomi big big hugs! I always say you do what you need to to make you a better mommy. Having lunch with FIL and little miss. Then to my sorority sisters wedding.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Saturday/Sunday Chatter

Hugs Naomi.

I am having a bit of a lazy day. We didn't get up as a family until 10!! That's a miracle. It's not even 5 and the bulletins are almost done. Whoot!

I have to figure out what we're going to eat for dinner. I know Caleb will be hungry when he wakes up from nap, he didn't really have lunch (bad Mama), but we ate b'fast so late and he was so tired that I just put him down.

I hope everyone is busy having a great day!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

nak-
busy days for us! had to take all the hardware off the cabinets, abd the doors. painted about 1/2 the fronts with 2 coats today. still have the rest of the doors and drawers, the sides, and alllll the cabinets! Lots got done in the last few days at the house too. Need to find some time to upload some new pics. But between cooking and cleaning, baby and house I have no time for anything. and talk about laundry! There's piles all over my bed! If I don't do a load every day, I can't keep up with it. I should go back tonight to finish taping the cabinets but I'm kinda worn out. And to add to the craziness I need to start sewing some slipcovers for my glider, knit some hats for the kids... lol

so baby boy is starting to talk now! and really smile and laugh, so sweet ! I miss chatting daily with you all. Just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day right now for everything. Especially right now.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

My ADD uncle has me super busy ladies. Things are going great here. Looking forward to some couch time next month.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey ladies, thanks for the support.

figuring out formula is hard! lol she is going longer stretches inbetween bottles and not drinking quite as much as I anticipated. but, she is drinking it, so that is good. and boy oh boy am I FULL!! ouch. sydney and elijah keep givign me hugs, which is nice, but painful. I'm at my parents house (came down yesterday), so it is nice to have the extra help. my mom is super mom. we (my mom, the kids and I) went thrift store shopping this morning...found a bunch of clothes for the kids and even a couple jeans for me. then, when we got back, my mom and dad took all 3 kids to a park so I could sleep. super grandparents!

so, now, kids had their bath and are eating a piece of grandma's carrot cake.

heading home tomorrow after church sometime.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A friend in a bf'ing group posted this link about meds and bm -I thought it was worth sharing.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Good morning ladies!! It's a beautiful morning here ! I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and a muffin while nak. Then I'm off to paint all morning by myself until game time this afternoon. Hoping to get lots done. As long as I have some music I don't mind working as much. Jeff is smoking some ribs today, and grilling some sweet dumpling squash and corn on the cob. yum!

I fell asleep in the recliner last night and dh woke me up around 3am. Evan slept until 9am ! He just ate and is back to sleep.

Naomi- glad she is taking to formula well enough. I have been doing FF'ing and bf'ing this go around. I am not producing enough for him to store, and honestly don't want to pump. so to give myself a break I make a few bottles if I know I will be gone for any length of time away from little man. Maybe wrap the girls tightly enough to help. and YaY! for awesome help with the kiddos!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
hey ladies, thanks for the support.

figuring out formula is hard!
guess I missed something---did you decide to wean & take meds?

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote