Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Saturday/Sunday Chatter

we've had a very busy weekend around here, on Friday we attended my BIL's mother's funeral services (sadly, it was very unexpected), yesterday I spent the morning making a wedding gift for a friend's wedding we attended last night. This afternoon we have church and then off to another friend's for dinner and tomorrow is full too.

We've got speech therapy coming for Nige in the early afternoon and then dinner and cookie decorating with our good friends in the evening. I'm sort of ready to just chill out for a few days

Mary is adorable as always and is sleeping better at night and getting a little better during the day, at least I know I can pop her in the sleepy wrap and she'll fall right asleep if we are not having good luck with laying her down. Although it is nice to have *some* time away from baby ... but luckily when she's awake now she will lay happily on the floor watching the fan go round and round. I should really pull out our play mat - I bet she would enjoy it some.

Well, off to get the big one out of the bath and get myself a shower before church!

Advertisement

5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So, apparently, I am a freak of nature or something. Most people's supply dips right before their cycle. Me? Not so much. In fact, I am EBF and I pumped 10 oz yesterday. Not 30 minutes after I pumped, I was full again. Good lord, this is getting ridiculous. I mean, I am glad I have the supply, but I am hurting!

ETA: Oh the fan, Maverick adores the ceiling fan. He also loves....walls. Yes, just walls. LOL!

Last edited by jackyl08; 10-23-2011 at 12:48 PM.
jackyl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #13
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What is it with fans? Casper likes watching the arm on his swing. Busy weekend. June has not had a nap all weekend. Izzy gave her nap up at almost 18mos too. I cleared out the garden since we are supposed to get frost this week. I made Salsa Verde and it is delicious! Why didn't I think of this earlier?
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

back from my parents house, had a lovely time. got a nap in, some thrift store shopping with my mom and all around just a nice time. my parents are so awesome...it is always relaxing to go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
guess I missed something---did you decide to wean & take meds?
yeah, I finally hit a breaking point...actually, I think the breaking point has been hitting me on the head with a 2x4 for a week or so now. So, made the decision to take the meds. weaned cold turkey. kezia is doing fine, but I'm thinking I'm an idiot cuz I am in some loverly pain right now. it's actually a little better today. and right now I'm sitting at the laptop with some ice packs stuffed into my sports bra. it does the job.

I guess it will take 2-4 weeks to kick in. and the pharmasist (sp?) said the meds makes some people drowsy and some people active...so I have to figure out what kind I am and take the dosage accordingly. oh boy. I've been taking it the last 2 nights, and i don't seem to be unable to sleep, so that is workign alright for now.

Last edited by heyuitsme; 10-23-2011 at 08:14 PM.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote