Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
MarchMama2x
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those with multipe same gender kiddos :)

I have 2 boys and am also hoping for a girl. We will definitely be finding out, but really because we are both planners and would want to start buying girl cloths (and diapers and hairbows, lol). To be completely honest, I don't think *I* will have any disappointment if this babe is not a girl. I know how to be a great mom to boys and I love the bond I already see growing between my 2 boys. I do know my mom and MIL will be thoroughly disappointed though... this babe will be the last chance for a girl grandbaby for my MIL and my mom hasn't had a granddaughter in 10 years!

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #12
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have three girls and we are hoping for a boy. There is only one grandson on my husbands side and 2 grandsons on my side. Since all other siblings are done having children this is the last chance for another grandson. I am torn between finding out and letting it be a surprise.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't imagine being disappointed finding out what our baby is - whether at birth or during an u/s while pregnant. I just want a healthy baby. I know it's cliche, but it's the truth.

While pregnant with DD I was sure it was a boy - for no reason other than I thought it was. When she was born I wasn't upset she was a girl, just surprised.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #14
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my children no matter what their gender. A healthy baby outweighs everything else. My husband is his fathers only son and if he does not have a boy child then the family name on that side ends with him as his father was the only son as well. Mostly it is a carrying on the family name type of thing. Although I have always wanted a son, I could not imagine live without my girls.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #15
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2x View Post
I have 2 boys and am also hoping for a girl. We will definitely be finding out, but really because we are both planners and would want to start buying girl cloths (and diapers and hairbows, lol). To be completely honest, I don't think *I* will have any disappointment if this babe is not a girl. I know how to be a great mom to boys and I love the bond I already see growing between my 2 boys. I do know my mom and MIL will be thoroughly disappointed though... this babe will be the last chance for a girl grandbaby for my MIL and my mom hasn't had a granddaughter in 10 years!

There has not been a boy grandchild born on my side of the family for 21 years and 16 years on my DH side. Although MeeMaw(my bio mother) only has my 3 daughters as grandchildren she said she does not know about us having a son because then she would have to think of something else to say when she sees us other than "how's my girl's".
Old 10-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
michiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, DDC as well here. We were convinced we were having a boy and we always go in as soon as we can to find out. So at 14 weeks we went in, happy to have it confirmed that we were going to have another son. And then as soon as they started it was clear as day.... girl. I love my children, I love my baby, I am happy as can be that she is as healthy as possible, but that doesn't mean I didn't cry for hours. It took me a good few days to really get over the disappointment of "losing" the son we were sure we were going to have. People seem to look down on gender disappointment, but honestly it doesn't help those going through it. When you are so hopeful for something you really do have to get over the loss of it. If I had waited until birth to find out the same thing likely would have happened. Doesn't mean I love my baby any less, it just means that I am mourning that "loss". KWIM? Once I got past those initial days and we decided on a name and I started preparing for her I have been fine since. It probably helps that this isn't necessarily our last child either.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #17
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Popping in from April. I have 3 boys and this is our last. I saw what looked to be a penis at the 13 1/2 week u/s - even the tech said she doubts VERY highly this one is a girl. I admit I was a bit disappointed. While I LOVE being a boy mom and am totally happy with another little man in my life, I cannot help but morn the loss of what life could have been with a girl. I will never get to experience that. I have the right to morn it and rather do it now than after the birth. It was a fleeting moment of loss that has been replaced with planning for Finnegan and enjoying all that comes with a sweet baby boy

I say find out so that if there is a time of loss, you can move on to the better parts of PG.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #18
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thank u all so much for your thoughts, opinions, and experiences :-) Im still not sure when we r going to do, but we have time to decide :-). I know wether we have a boy or girl, we will be thrilled, every child is a.blessing :-)

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #19
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
Popping in from April. I have 3 boys and this is our last. I saw what looked to be a penis at the 13 1/2 week u/s - even the tech said she doubts VERY highly this one is a girl. I admit I was a bit disappointed. While I LOVE being a boy mom and am totally happy with another little man in my life, I cannot help but morn the loss of what life could have been with a girl. I will never get to experience that. I have the right to morn it and rather do it now than after the birth. It was a fleeting moment of loss that has been replaced with planning for Finnegan and enjoying all that comes with a sweet baby boy

I say find out so that if there is a time of loss, you can move on to the better parts of PG.
Thank u for your honesty, and you totally understand what I feel, the want to experience a mother daughter relationship, it doesn't take away our love for our boys, or being mothers to boys.

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #20
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I am finally ready to experience that mother/daughter relationship. It can be a hard one and for quite some time I never thought I could handle it. I am ready now, and now may not be a reality. I will never know what it is like to have a little girl. It is such a different dynamic than sons.

It is okay, but a loss none the less. The only experience I have not had is having a daughter.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote