Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #21
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Re: For those with multipe same gender kiddos :)

We only have one child.. DD. I think that we will stop after LO #2... I'm thinking that we might not find out the gender. Or maybe we'll find out but keep it a secret. I don't know... actually I only started thinking about that after seeing this thread but for our circumstances it seems like it might be the way to go... hm. We'll see

Advertisement

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #22
MT Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm really torn too... but I have 2 beautiful girls at home and I know that DH is really hoping for a boy. We found out with both girls, and I would love to wait with this one, but for me, it isn't an issue of disappointment, but frugality Money is so tight, that if it is a boy, I'll need to buy some things for the little man, and would need to spread that out over a few months. I can't see dressing him in little pink dresses
Old 10-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #23
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Momma
I'm really torn too... but I have 2 beautiful girls at home and I know that DH is really hoping for a boy. We found out with both girls, and I would love to wait with this one, but for me, it isn't an issue of disappointment, but frugality Money is so tight, that if it is a boy, I'll need to buy some things for the little man, and would need to spread that out over a few months. I can't see dressing him in little pink dresses
I'm with ya! We r putting any extra $ on gift cards so we can shop after baby, and we are going to buy one blue, one pink outfit for going home :-)

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #24
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A baby doesn't care what color he or she wears! As long as you have a couple sleepers or gowns and some diapers, you're good to go. Maybe a "coming home" outfit, if you do that.
Chances are you'll get a ton of outfits/clothes in gifts right after baby is born from family and friends anyways, and if you have the other gender you'll be bombarded with gender specific things!
No reason to go getting a bunch of stuff beforehand
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #25
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

We found out w/ my 1st. And I was a little disappointed that he was a boy, and not a girl. I didn't want that w/ my last pregnancy, so we didn't find out. It was magical when she was born and we found out then. Life's most wonderful surprise.

I say wait
Old 10-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #26
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am making a lot of stuff for this baby. I already made 2 baby gowns from old tshirts the other day. I am torn on whether to find out or not. We have 1 of each, and I don't know what I want. When I found out DD was a girl at the ultrasound I cried because I thought DH would be upset that he wasn't having another boy(he is one of 4 boys and thought he would have all boys). This time I don't know how I feel. I think I really want a boy, but of course a healthy baby is most important. I don't know if I want the surprise at birth or if I want to find out early so as to buy/make the correct color/style of stuff.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #27
caseyheather123
Registered Users
seller

I'd go ahead and find out during pregnancy. Even if you are disappointed for a couple of days, at least you'll know and can prepare. I just don't think I could wait. What if it's a little girl?!?!?!? Think of all the cute little girl stuff you could be shopping for! ;-)
caseyheather123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #28
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 girls. The first one I had it be a surprise! I was a single mama at the time and it was my call. Then years later I got married and my DH wanted to find out because we had 2 m/c and he needed to do that to feel connected to the baby. Well,this last time I really didn't wanna find out and neither did he at first but then I realized that he was really hoping for a son. The closer it got to the mid pregnancy ultrasound we both started kind of wanting to know after having two girls. Finally we found out and she was a girl! That whole day my dh was sad and bummed out but not mad or anything. The next day he got over it and started getting into the pregnancy more. I think it helped him to stop obsessing over having a son and embracing the child within. He of course absolutely adores all the girls but recently he said he might want another kid down the road in case we have a boy.

I think IF, a huge IF, I get pregnant again I will make him wait the WHOLE 9 months! Bwuhahahaa!!!!

On a side note... I personally never needed to go. I love surprises and do not need to plan ahead. I would like at least one of each gender but it doesn't matter. I love my 3 girls. In a sense it works out better. I mostly did it for my dh but after I did it was exciting to know who was inside me. It does make me feel closer to the baby in a weird way. I can really do either and be fine.

I say go with your gut not what ppl tell you to do.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #29
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
3 girls with another on the way. I needed to find out. And I did have a good cry over it. With multiple ultrasounds in my future, part of me is still hoping the ridiculously obvious vagina magically transforms into dangly bits lol.

I did not want mixed emotions at delivery. I ONLY wanted to feel the same joy I've felt with every single girl I'd have rather been a boy haha! Please don't get me wrong. I have felt bad FOR my girls that they have a non-girly mama not that they aren't boys. I've just never felt adequate to raise girls. So far, so good though.

Finding out our last baby would be a girl was hysterical. Part of me is still mourning the boy I will never have however that does not mean I don't love and accept my children for exactly who they are what bits they possess.

For me, it was imperitive that I found out before delivery for what that's worth.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:44 AM   #30
mamaerinx3
Registered Users
seller

My opinion, wait.
I've seen a lot of people here say you'll resent that baby after its born if you don't find out, but as a mama it's just not possible! I have 2 girls and a boy, my son was my only ultrasound and I was happy to get what I wanted...but with my girls I wanted boys both times, I can honestly say it was no less exciting than my sons birth and I definitely didn't resent them for a moment!!! I think it is the most exciting thing in the world to hear "it's a..." when you meet that baby! We bring one pink and one blue outfit to the hospital and just buy neutral clothes before baby comes
If you wait, I promise there will be no dissappointment in the delivery room