Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
FulHouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Kawaii minky bamboo dipes - how to snap? how to prep?

I just got some of these. They are one size diapers. How do I prep bamboo dipes and inserts? I just washed the bamboo inserts I already have once in really hot water with detergent and then started using them. They were fine and very absorbent. Should I do the same with these diapers, together with their inserts, since they are both bamboo?

Also, I cannot for the life of me figure out how you make them smaller for a little one with all the snaps. Am I an idiot? If you snap them low on the rows of snaps, for a small rise (my baby is about 12 lbs or so), what happens to that big flap of fabric above? You can't tuck it in - the snaps would dig into her tummy! But you can't leave it out either. Can anyone explain HOW to snap them smaller? Or is there a tutorial somewhere? I feel stupid.

Advertisement

FulHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
FulHouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kawaii minky bamboo dipes - how to snap? how to prep?

i want to prep and try these today. anyone?
Old 10-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Pendlemom
Registered Users
seller

The kawaii site just says to wash them several times... here are their instructions:

Caring for Your Bamboo Diaper
Bamboo diaper require special care to serve you over the long term with their many luxurious qualities.

Here are some frequently asked questions about our diapers. A lot of our customers are also using facebook to ask questions and get opinions. Please visit our Facebook page for more info.

What is Bamboo?
Bamboo is hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and odor resistant. The fiber is antibacterial and biodegradable, it is harvested and raised without pesticides.

Our bamboo diaper has the feel of silk, it wick away moisture from baby skin and well ventilated. Giving you a feel of cool during hot seasons and warm during cold seasons.

How do I wash and care for Bamboo diapers?
Wash diapers before you use them. Wash in cool water with a mild detergent and a gentle cycle. It may place less stress on the fibers.

Use detergent made for cloth diaper, one of neutral pH, or one created for delicate fabrics. Be aware that some popular soap may contain harsh chemicals (like bleach) which may make them inappropriate for use with bamboo. Remove the diaper from the washer once the washing cycle is finished. Bamboo is fragile when they are wet. Water temperature: 95 degree F, 35 degree C.
Air dry or if you must use a dryer, choose the low heat setting. Take care not to leave the diaper tumbling in the machine for longer than necessary to dry them. It will damage the waterproof ability.
Pendlemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
FulHouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks very much. I did read all that, but I wanted to hear what the experts, the moms here, had done too. I can tell you I will not be washing diapers in cold. But the manufacturers have to put conditions onto their warranty, so I understand where they are coming from.

What about the snapping situation? Anyone know how to snap a small child into a One Size? She is about 12 lbs and 21 inches now.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

First, remove the insert. Across the top of the diaper are the waist snaps. With the diaper off, snap the waist snaps as tight as they can go. This is just so it doesn't confuse you with the other snaps. Now with the waist snaps fastened, there are 9 snaps- 3 rows and 3 columns. Take the bottom 3 snaps and move them up to fasten to the top 3 snaps. The little flap of fabric on the front of the diaper is normal. This is as small as the diaper will go. Now unsnap the waist snaps and restuff the pocket- you will probably need to fold down the insert first so it fits. As long as the insert isn't bunched up in there it shouldn't add much bulk. Hope that answers your question.

As far as prepping goes, wash both the diaper and inserts once. I wash mine in hot. It is recommended that you wash the inserts more than once to prep- but it is fine to use right away just as long as you know they won't be as absorbent until they are fully prepped (8 or so washes)

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!

Last edited by ebandive; 10-22-2011 at 09:43 PM.
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
FulHouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ebandive, that was perfect! I could follow along with your great instructions! OK, I am here with my minky kawaii bamboo and I did all that, but the leg holes when you look in are gigantic. Will stuffing change that?

I am noticing one more snap on the side wings that is unsnapped, and on the inside layer, you could snap these perfectly into the 2nd row of waist snaps. I just did that. OK, it probably blocks the leg holes a little better. Did you forget about those extra snaps one row below the other wing snaps? Was I right to snap those too?

After her nap I will try these on her. They've gone through a sanitary was and dryer dry. It's OK if they increase their absorbency through the next few washes. I can use them only in day for now.

Thanks for helping a snapping idiot!!!! <3
Old 10-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulHouse View Post
Ebandive, that was perfect! I could follow along with your great instructions! OK, I am here with my minky kawaii bamboo and I did all that, but the leg holes when you look in are gigantic. Will stuffing change that?

I am noticing one more snap on the side wings that is unsnapped, and on the inside layer, you could snap these perfectly into the 2nd row of waist snaps. I just did that. OK, it probably blocks the leg holes a little better. Did you forget about those extra snaps one row below the other wing snaps? Was I right to snap those too?

After her nap I will try these on her. They've gone through a sanitary was and dryer dry. It's OK if they increase their absorbency through the next few washes. I can use them only in day for now.

Thanks for helping a snapping idiot!!!! <3
There are 6 waist snaps- 3 on each side. The top row adjusts the waist, and the bottom row adjusts the leg opening. The bottom snap is called the hip snap- it prevents wing droop and controls the size of the leg opening. If the waist fits well but the leg opening is too big, move the hip snaps in one notch tighter and that should take care of it.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
NSquared
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have some Kawaii's too. My daughter is 12 weeks old and I would figure about 12 lbs. The elastic around the legs are too big for her and when I tried them last week, I still got leaking. I have a friend that feels Kawaii runs big and I would say I have to agree. She said her LO started wearing her Kawaii's about 3-4 months. I am guessing I will have to wait anouther month yet and try them again.
NSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
Donnelsongirls3
Registered Users
seller

They definitely run big my 20 month old dd (she is a bit of a shrimp) fits on the smallest setting...I just say though that this diaper really holds up to her heavy wetting for a considerable amount of time and I love that it is still pretty trim! And that minky just seems like it would be so nice to wear if you need more fit help I would YouTube videos on kawaii diapers
Donnelsongirls3 is offline   Reply With Quote