Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Freaking out.

I don't know why, but tonight we were driving home and I was just thinking I could go into labour at any time, and I have to get this baby out of me... and I just started panicking about it all. I'm not ready, not ready to have another baby, not ready to have my LAST baby, and not ready for the homebirth, and not even really mentally prepared to go through labour again. I don't know why, I felt really prepared for it before, but all of a sudden as it looms closer now I am worried about it. Not worried because it's a homebirth, but just worried because it could happen at any time, and I guess I am a little nervous of the unknown. I almost feel nauseous thinking about it. HELP!!!

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Freaking out.

I think we are somewhat in the same boat, so I dunno if I can help, but I sure can sympathize! I went ahead and started taking my labor prep tincture and started inserting EPO caps last night. I just said to Dh "well, she's going to come regardless. I might as well get my birthing nads on and get this done!" That said, I feel a lot of the same things you do; how am I going to be a mother of 3? I feel guilty for not "cherishing" my last pregnancy more (it has been a more difficult one, though).

We'll get through it, though. And we'll have wonderful, squishy babies when we're done

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

I started having a few slight panicky attack feelings lately too. I've been all gung ho about labor, it's no big deal, yadda yadda until a week or so ago. Mostly when more babies from our group started coming. Now I'm all, OMG, I have to go through labor, and push a child from my vagina, eeeeeekkkkk! Plus I'm not ready, I still have a few projects I HAVE to finish. I've started feeling crampy too, which brought on some of the feelings. (I'm 36, he HAS to wait at least a week ... of course, watch him go to like 41+ lol)

I'm sorry I can't help with feeling better about it, mostly I take the ostrich approach and pretend nothings going on, lol
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Aw, don't worry! Everything will be great! I haven't gotten nervous yet. More excited than anything, which I am really happy about, b/c I haven't really been excited this whole pregnancy!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

It'll be okay.......once you actually go into labor, you'll be in the zone, and you won't even think about it. It's the waiting and not having any control over when it happens that stinks.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
usmcwifeymissinghim
Registered Users
seller

I'm freaking out too. But I have learned (mostly from surviving 3 deployements of DH) that its always SO much worse before it happens. The last few weeks before he leaves i'm so emotional, so scared, so sad but once he actually leaves I find myself thinking "that wasn't that bad" lol. Like pp said once labor starts i'm sure we will forget all the worries and just get in the zone.
Mama to Jensen Dean (Dec '08) Jeter Dawson (Nov '11) Jax Donovan (July '13) and expecting #4 in Aug '15
usmcwifeymissinghim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jessica- that's exactly what i've been like. 'It's no big deal, I've done this TWICE before, it's easy'. Now all of a sudden i'm 38 weeks and aargh. And really I have to say that labour was not bad with DD2 at all, in fact I was laughing until the last hour. However that last hour things were pretty unbearable, and I remember clearly thinking 'If I do this again, I am getting an epidural.' LOL.

I think it's because I set up the pool in our living room. And freaking out because DD2 is so needy at the moment, the last thing I feel like I need is another baby right now! She wakes up at 4:30, wants to nurse and won't go back to sleep. DH got up with her at 5:30 after i snuggled her for an hour unsuccessfully... the man is a saint. I really need my sleep right now!
Old 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally know what you mean. I'm sitting over here thinking that a c-section doesn't sound too bad to me (Don't tell DH! ) But yeah, I know once I'm in labor, I'll get through it and I'll be glad that I did when that baby is in my arms, it's just waiting for it to start and not knowing when, etc. Just try and stay busy, it will happen soon!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
minneapolismelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Mama's, I feel your pain. I too was freaking out. Really sad I hadn't enjoyed this pregnancy more since it was my last. Wondering if I was doing the right thing getting a tubal, etc. etc. When my water broke 30 minutes after the 36 week mark, I totally went into Mama mode. Freaked a little worrying about if she would do OK so early, but after she was here, it all faded away! Still a little sad I will never be PG again or feel a baby inside me, but know if was the right choice for us. You can all do it and I can't wait to here the stories of your little ones arrival! Blessings to you all.
minneapolismelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #10
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm freaking out that I'll go into when Dh isn't home and it's a 1-2 hour drive home in decent traffic from his work I'm also worried I'll ignore contractions and Dh won't make it home in time if i have to call him home..