Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #101
janelle525
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs chat - Oct 23rd-29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmommy View Post
Had my ultrasound and they could see a gestational sac, but no yolk or baby yet. I know it's still early and I'm only about 5 weeks, but after our miscarriage last time around, I'm having a hard time not being discouraged.
Please do not be discouraged! Don't let the fear take control, your baby is still the size of a seed and needs time to grow!

mumtwiceover- why doesn't your teen want you to have another baby?

Advertisement

janelle525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #102
mumtwiceover
Registered Users
seller
seller

Janelle -

My daughter doesn't want me to be pregnant - I don't think she cares so much anymore about another baby. I'm just a hormonal mess while I was pregnant with my son 2 years ago. I think I'm doing better this time around and really it didn't seem to faze her so i was worried for nothing.
mumtwiceover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #103
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtwiceover View Post
So for those who don't know I have a 15 year old that I was dreading telling I was pregnant. The last time i was pregnant she told me that she would move out if I got pregnant again.

So she is home from school today and we were having lunch a few minutes ago - we have ginger ale in the house (which is her favourite but we don't often have it in the house - except now I'm pregnant and I drink it while pregnant (since I'm normally a coke drinker). She was wondering why we had ginger ale and not coke. I said did she really want to know why - and she's like - you're pregnant, I said yes and all she said was can she move her room to the basement now??

Such a non event after all my stressing - she's just looking to see what she can get out of it - ginger ale in the house for the next 8 months and possibly moving to the room downstairs (which as far as I'm concerned won't be happening but she can dream...)

typical teen....
I'm so glad that she took it better this time around. I was, I think, a junior or senior in high school when my parents let me move to the "room" in the basement. I say "room" because it was mostly unfinished(little paneling on the walls) and I made walls with sheets, but I wanted my space, and mom wanted my room for the computer room.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #104
mumtwiceover
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post
I'm so glad that she took it better this time around. I was, I think, a junior or senior in high school when my parents let me move to the "room" in the basement. I say "room" because it was mostly unfinished(little paneling on the walls) and I made walls with sheets, but I wanted my space, and mom wanted my room for the computer room.
Our "basement" room is actually on the ground floor since we live in a 3 level townhome. It's a nice room and has an attached half bath. I completely want her to move down there - when she is finished high school and if she decides to stay home for university then we'll make that a bacholerette pad for her and she can come and go. I just don't want the message to be that I've started this new family with her stap dad and now she can be relegated to the basement. I just feel like I want her to be in the family mix as much as possible right now.

We do have a 4 bedroom so either the littles will share a room and we keep our computer room or we clear out the computer room and make that the nursery - either way my daughter doesn't need to move to the basement yet - It would make me cry if she moved to the basement....
mumtwiceover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #105
janelle525
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Janelle -

My daughter doesn't want me to be pregnant - I don't think she cares so much anymore about another baby. I'm just a hormonal mess while I was pregnant with my son 2 years ago. I think I'm doing better this time around and really it didn't seem to faze her so i was worried for nothing.
Thats good she didn't react the way you thought she might. Being a hormonal pregnant Mama, and having a hormonal teen does seem like it would create some tension! Glad that it seems better for you.
janelle525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #106
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelise View Post
Huh! I wonder if that's what's going on with my LO too! the things moms think about...
I know! But, really, it has been starting to look more like breastmilk poo again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves View Post
Also, I just exceeded 50 posts. Can I just say how excited I am to finally create a signature?! I have arrived!
congrats on the siggy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama j View Post
Hi mamas!! I've been trying to keep up with u all but just haven't been posting. I don't know where you all get the energy - I am so exhausted all.the.time. I also work full time during day, by the time I get home its dinner time then night routine for DS then get some household stuff done (if I'm even awake by then haha .. DH is wonderful with doing household stuff at least) and then I pass out for the night! So I thought I'd say hi before my work day begins.
I don't know how all you working mamas do it! I'm able to be up, moving, and eating from 7am until 1-2pm. Then I have to lay down with Levi (or fall asleep sitting on the couch), wake about 3:30pm feeling horrid. The rest of the day is spent laying on the couch trying hard not to puke. I go to bed with Levi at 8pm - can't stay awake any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama j View Post
AFM- just have no energy. I have terrible food aversions this time where a lot of foods and even drinks really gross me out. And I have my first appt tmw! Yiipppieeee! I finally get to hopefully hear my little bean.
Oh crap. And I still need to go for an appt. I'm so sucking with time management this time around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy View Post
I'm excited for the weekend too though because we are getting our family pictures done. Can't wait!
What did you decide about your belly and the pics?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
I have a US tomorrow. I can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapandsewon View Post
Me too!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother of 4, soon 5 View Post
Cant wait to go home and go to bed, then at 1:30 we have out Ultrasound! gosh I cant wait, I want to hear good words sooooo badly. Im too afraid it may be too early, that would really suck.
Can't wait to hear how they went!!!

Quote:
So for those who don't know I have a 15 year old that I was dreading telling I was pregnant. The last time i was pregnant she told me that she would move out if I got pregnant again.
Well I'm glad to hear she didn't get upset about it anyways! I get stressed out when I think of fitting all of us into our house. I don't want to move Ruth to the basement - she's only (nearly) 9, and then we'd lose our spare/music room - but I don't quite know how we're going to move Levi out of our room. Meh, I try not to think about it much yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmommy View Post
Had my ultrasound and they could see a gestational sac, but no yolk or baby yet. I know it's still early and I'm only about 5 weeks, but after our miscarriage last time around, I'm having a hard time not being discouraged.
I can see how that would be worrying, because of your prior loss, but I think seeing a sac is a good thing for that gestational age. Will they do a follow up u/s in another week or so?

AFM: Feeling like crap. I hate not being able to do things around the house like I usually do! Driving me nuts! Yesterday I didn't get a chance to even turn on my computer because I was busy with housework all morning and trying to get some of Levi's halloween hat done - getting there on that.
I feel like I have tons of stuff to do around the house and yet only a few hours to get it all done in, instead of all day like I used to.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #107
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
What did you decide about your belly and the pics?!
We talked it over with the photographer and she's agreed not to post anything to facebook that even hints that we are pregnant until after we announce it. She's a friend and she understands why we want to keep it quiet for now so she's totally willing to work with us on it which is awesome! We'll be sending out a pregnancy announcement photo to our families with Christmas cards in November and after that I think we will announce it to the facebook world.

AFM- I have an entire day at home and so far I haven't done anything except sleep in lol! the kids are behaving themselves for the most part and I should really be cleaning because I promised they could decorate for halloween today.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #108
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
U/S went well. Got to see baby's heartbeat. Measured at 5 wks 6 days. Just three days off from my calculation of 6wks 2days. Spoke with my midwife and she prescribed me phenergan. It's nice to not be so nauseous!!
I go back on the 9th for another u/s, they want me further along for their official dating u/s. No problem, I am happy to see the little who person again so soon!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20111027_132819.jpg (5.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 10-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #109
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapandsewon
U/S went well. Got to see baby's heartbeat. Measured at 5 wks 6 days. Just three days off from my calculation of 6wks 2days. Spoke with my midwife and she prescribed me phenergan. It's nice to not be so nauseous!!
I go back on the 9th for another u/s, they want me further along for their official dating u/s. No problem, I am happy to see the little who person again so soon!!
It's so small!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #110
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I can't multi quote on my phone- sorry ladies, but I am thinking of all of you that are going in for sono's today.

Here in Dallas it turned cold over night, yesterday was high of 81 and today it's 50! I love love love it!

MS comes and goes which is nice but I can only drink tea- no water, soda, or crystal light (my addiction) and nothing sounds good but I'm starving!

How are you guys doing?

For Custom Embroidery- It's Sew Macy
MacyKM is offline   Reply With Quote