Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #21
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs chat - Oct 23rd-29th

We celebrated our 12th anniversary today. We told the kids this morning and they were all so sweet about it.

My youngest told my parents "I'm going to be a big sister." It was met with complete indifference. No congratulations, nothing. Obviously, they are not thrilled about this addition... not really sure why. But, I'll be honest, I am heart-broken. I know it shouldn't matter what anyone outside this immediate family should think, what matters is that this is a blessing from the LORD....

but still...

it hurts.

Advertisement

Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #22
janelle525
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post
We celebrated our 12th anniversary today. We told the kids this morning and they were all so sweet about it.

My youngest told my parents "I'm going to be a big sister." It was met with complete indifference. No congratulations, nothing. Obviously, they are not thrilled about this addition... not really sure why. But, I'll be honest, I am heart-broken. I know it shouldn't matter what anyone outside this immediate family should think, what matters is that this is a blessing from the LORD....

but still...

it hurts.
I'm so sorry they did not seem thrilled about it, maybe it shocked them? maybe they weren't expecting you to have another? I would be so hurt as well.
janelle525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76

but still...

it hurts.
I'm so sorry. I know this will be my far reaction so I'm waiting. Hopefully they come around.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #24
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post

but still...

it hurts.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #25
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle525 View Post
I'm so sorry they did not seem thrilled about it, maybe it shocked them? maybe they weren't expecting you to have another? I would be so hurt as well.
In the past, when we would mention having another kid, they wouldn't say anything, no reaction, nothing. We've been talking about having another kid this past year... they wouldn't really say much... nothing positive anyway.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #26
dkg354boy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma

Kelsey, why aren't you "able" to tell anyone? It's up to you!
Some people wait bc of worry about m/c, possible nasty comments, to delay the nosyness, etc, etc. From MY opinion, for me (and I have had a m/c), we tell right away. Everyone. It is something to be celebrated and if we lost the baby, then we are mourning alone, and it doesn't feel right that I would had not given my mom the chance to know I was pregnant and then she finds out I lost a baby. Life is....many things, ups and downs. So for me, I choose to let people in on the good and the bad. But I respect others' opposing views on the matter.
I agree! Wuth my last m/c I didn't tell any of my friend I was even pregnant and the day I had my d & c was the worst day emotionally and I was so overwhelmed wuth other things in life happening too and I was so very alone. It was a very dark time for me. That was my third m/c and hardest to date. If I could have changed having my dearest friends and family there I would have.
Christine,Proud LDS wife to the love of my life David and Mama to six wonderful children, Darien(16) kayla(14) Princess Paige(8) Braeden(6) Abigail(3) Baby Caitlynn(21 months) three little beans in heaven, never forgotten

dkg354boy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #27
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We told our immediate family and close friends right away. Our extended family like my grandparents, aunts, uncles etc we will tell when we send out our Christmas cards in November. I refuse to announce it on facebook yet though because I'm not ready for the drama and the questions and obsession about my birth choices, who my doula might be etc from extremely nosey people who really have no business asking.

As for the rest of my daily chat I'm tired lol! Its been a long weekend and I'm trying to get my very difficult 2 1/2 year old to go to bed...she has a real issue with going to sleep but once asleep she stays that way. But I have very little patience today. I'm a little excited though DH brought up baby names! I hadn't even really started thinking about them or talking about them with him yet and he said "you aren't allowed to squee but what do you think of Marion for a girl?" So we now have Morgan, Marion, Hudson and Orion on our list of possible baby names we also dicussed middle names a bit I really like Georgia Marie but he's not sure yet so we'll keep negotiating.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #28
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I told my best friend the day I got the BFP and we told our parents within a few days. We didn't tell everybody else until we had the ultrasound. I bought shirts for the kids and they held the pic of the ultrasound. We posted it on facebook....which made my dad ECSTATIC because he has been having trouble not sharing with the world that he is going to be a grandpa again.

I say share when it feels right for you. I suck at secrets so I have to share with at least a few people right away because I would go crazy otherwise.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #29
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Flo I am so sorry about your parents. Are they indifferent once the babies are born? When I married my XH, my parents did try to pull the "what about the children" card bc he is black and I am filipino/cauc (and they are racist, apparently), but once we actually had kids, they were fine and were excited with each one.

AFM: oh my. m/s is here with a vengeance. I haven't thrown up or even gagged, but my stomach hurts and I feel gross and bad all the time. I think the exhaustion is lifting in time for me to still want to curl in a ball and cry. I feel ok midday, a bit worse in the am, and afternoon-evening, horrible, late night- better. It's weird, with my last one, even with puking 24 wks in a row, round ligament pain so bad I couldn't walk some days...I never felt like, "Oh no, I can't do this again". I am feeling like that now. Like I don't even want to savor this (probably last) pregnancy, I just want it to be June already!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #30
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Flo I am so sorry about your parents. Are they indifferent once the babies are born? When I married my XH, my parents did try to pull the "what about the children" card bc he is black and I am filipino/cauc (and they are racist, apparently), but once we actually had kids, they were fine and were excited with each one.

AFM: oh my. m/s is here with a vengeance. I haven't thrown up or even gagged, but my stomach hurts and I feel gross and bad all the time. I think the exhaustion is lifting in time for me to still want to curl in a ball and cry. I feel ok midday, a bit worse in the am, and afternoon-evening, horrible, late night- better. It's weird, with my last one, even with puking 24 wks in a row, round ligament pain so bad I couldn't walk some days...I never felt like, "Oh no, I can't do this again". I am feeling like that now. Like I don't even want to savor this (probably last) pregnancy, I just want it to be June already!
I'm sorry you are feeling that way- I was doing pretty good till this weekend, my Hubby works out of state I am stuck with ALLLLLLLL dirty diapers! Then my dog had diahrea (sp sorry) in her kennel and all over the laundry room, then last night I didn't know that my toilet didn't flush after I went and the washing machine backed up into the toliet which overflowed and flooded the bathroom and rec room. So I feel your pain, cleaning up sh*t was not in my plans this weekend and made me feel worse!!

Do we have any plus size mamma's here?

For Custom Embroidery- It's Sew Macy
MacyKM is offline   Reply With Quote