Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
Bella88xoxo
Registered Users
seller

Due Wednesday!!!

Ugh, I'm due wednesday with my 2nd DS. At Fridays appt I want dilated at all!! I am going crazy, I just want this lil boy out! I can't even sleep at night anymore!!! Any one have suggestions on ways to help dilate!? Other then sex, walking and squats, bc I already tried those with my first son and didn't help.

Advertisement

Bella88xoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Due Wednesday!!!

Those 3 things are what I've been told the most for getting things started. Maybe try relaxing (warm bath, etc), bouncing on an exercise ball, hands and knees exercises and staying busy with something fun. I'm due tomorrow and am dilated to 1-2cm without any signs of labor yet (no bloody show, haven't lost my plug, not very many contractions, etc) so know you're in like company Good luck!
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
Bella88xoxo
Registered Users
seller

Lol same here, no signs of labor. No contractions, no bloody show, haven't noticed any loss of mucus plug. I am trying for a vbac btw, so I am worried I won't be successful
Old 10-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Angel89411
Banned

I have been dilated and soft for a few weeks with nothing. You can go at any time, it really doesn't matter if you have made progress or not. You can look up pressure points to induce labor. They haven't worked for me yet but who knows if I am doing it right. Umm...I read massage can help you relax enough. Maybe your DH will be nice enough to give you a back/leg/foot/shoulder/arm/neck massage? If nothing else, it will make you feel better. Or you can try to find a prenatal massage therapist. It isn't in our budget or I would in a heart beat.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
Bella88xoxo
Registered Users
seller

Oh how I would LOVEEE a massage!! But going to a massage therapist is out of our budget as well, and DH is gone alot due to his job. He stays out of the state most of the week to save on gas money :-( I just took a half hour hot bath with some relaxing bath salts in it. Ill look up the pressure points, thnx. The dr did tell me not to worry, but I can't help it lol. at least I was soft and she said pretty thin, but it was so hard for her to even find my cervix at first, it was so high
Old 10-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
usmcwifeymissinghim
Registered Users
seller

I've been looking up stuff to induce labor so when DH gets here I can (hopefully) get things going so we don't have to use pit. Here is my list...
DTD
Stripping the membranes
Pump for nipple stimulation. 5 min on 15 off
Castor oil
Blue cohosh
spicy food
acupressure
Mama to Jensen Dean (Dec '08) Jeter Dawson (Nov '11) Jax Donovan (July '13) and expecting #4 in Aug '15
usmcwifeymissinghim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
Bella88xoxo
Registered Users
seller

I asked to have my membranes striped, but you have to be dilated at least 1cm so they can get up there to do it

What is blue cohosh? Never heard of that one.
I am tempted to try the castor oil, but scared due to mixed reviews. I have a appt on my due date(wednesday).
Old 10-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
Angel89411
Banned

I was reading something last night that now they are saying there is something in some spicy foods that may slow labor progress. I am scared to take the chance. You can always try pineapple or evening primrose oil.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
Livngabesmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Evening Primrose Oil, Red Raspberry leaf tea, pineapple
Old 10-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #10
usmcwifeymissinghim
Registered Users
seller

I haven't done any research on any of these things... I just wrote a list as a heard them. lol. Like castor oil, Blue cohosh hais controvercial. Its a plant made product that you mix with water or you can put it directly into your mouth. I've only heard of two people actually using it but both said their water broke the next day. I'm going to ask my ob about it at the next appointment... that is also on wednesday. I've also been hearing a lot about the pineapple. But I need a more "instant" way of getting things going because I DON'T want to have this baby before DH gets here.
Mama to Jensen Dean (Dec '08) Jeter Dawson (Nov '11) Jax Donovan (July '13) and expecting #4 in Aug '15
usmcwifeymissinghim is offline   Reply With Quote