Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #21
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Re: What is wrong with my son? Fever for 11 days!

He still hasn't gone completely fever free. Last night at dinner/bed time he was up to 100. He was fever free all day again, and was acting normal, come dinner time he didn't want to eat, which is how I knew it must be starting. He laid his head down at the dinner table and his eyes were drooping. I had him lay on the couch where he struggled to say awake (he's stubborn) and then fell asleep around 6:30pm and then he began sweating. So basically, fever = fatigue. The sweating begins within a few mins after falling asleep.

So far this morning, no fever! This is great progress because last week the fever began around 8-9am and didn't break until he was sleeping. His Ped said to take him in if for some reason his fever spikes, otherwise he'll check back with us on Monday. I hope this is it and that today there is no fever! Still have no clue what is going on, and the Doctor doesn't want to do further testing unless he continues into next week which will mark 3 weeks. I'm ok with that as I don't want to put him through more at this point. Today is day 17 since this all began.

Advertisement

Last edited by ACSNMama; 10-29-2011 at 08:16 AM.
ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #22
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

I was a nanny for a little girl from the time she was 6 weeks to 1 year. Around 8 months or so she started having this same problem. She would get fevers at random. I would be there with her and realize she felt warm. I took her temp and she would spike again. Did this many times. (with me and her parents) They admitted her to the hospital, did test, etc. They never did find out why it happened and after a few weeks it just stopped. As far as I know it never happened again. (Shes 3 now) It was really scary for her parents and I but overall she was not that effected by it.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #23
Marion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My boy almost always sits at about this temp. I never treat unless is hits 38.5C/101F. At this temp is when we have to take him into the hospital because he has cancer. I would say that he's been around your boys temp for oh 2-3 mnths now. None of the Dr.s are worried about it.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #24
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Tonight my sons temp was up to 101.2. He was acting tired again, but didn't fall alseep until 8pm, complaining that he just could not keep his eyes open. He's sweating bullets again, which is good because his fever is breaking...maybe tomorrow will be fever free?

Marion- I know the Doctors normally say 101 is a higher fever, anything before that is "low grade" and it IS a concern if it has been every single day. In a Cancer patient, a fever is to be expected as the immune system is compromised. A healthy person doesn't have to go to the hospital for a temp of 101, but I know it is much more risky for a Cancer patient, my sister is a Brain Cancer survivor and I recall eduring all the ups and downs. I'm so sorry your son has Cancer.

There are many different things that can cause your body temp to rise, but normally it doesn't stay there nor does it usually get to 100-101 at random unless there is a cause. My son has not be acting completely normal since this began and today is day 17, he is fatigued easily, runs a fever up to about 101, though there were 3 times that I'm aware of in the last 17 days it was up to 102. He has been falling asleep early against his own will and he sweats bullets at night, more-so than average of fevers he's had during his 5 years of life. This makes no sense. It is not "normal."

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #25
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

I am so sorry you are going through this. I have no advice, just nervous sympathy, I have a five year old and can't imagine how stressed you must be.

Welcome baby Edeltraud! 27-7-2011 Von meinem iPhone gesendet.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #26
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Any new news? Still thinking about your family.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #27
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

If I were you I would have a talk to the dr about scanning the body such as body x-rays and or MRI. I have a sick child and err on the side of caution now due to my experiences with her. I'd rather pay the $$ for an MRI and check for things then find out later that there was something and the dr never checked. (((hugs))) I hope your LO's fever goes away SOON and he can be done with whatever is getting at him.