Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
DaynaR
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do not want a boy because dh will not budge on the whole circ issue!

There are no medical reasons for routine circ's. If people insist there is, it's just because it makes their point look more sound.

I think you're the one who needs to okay it, so if you don't want to you don't have to.

BUT I think you should have a really open and frank discussion with your DH with your reasons not to and his reasons to do it. MAKE him research it and watch the videos. I would say to him (if he were my husband) That he needs to sell you on the idea since his is the more invasive and damaging one.

IMO if a decision can't be reached it's always best to air on the side of caution and not do it (But you hubs would probably see that as you 'winning').

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #12
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really REALLY hate the argument for circ'ing of "well I didnt know different then, but now I know but I want them to all look the same". Dumbest poop I've ever heard. If the first son had been born and it was "popular" to remove the left hand to prevent them from being a lefty, but later found out that wasnt the best choice and was in actuallity barbaric, would you cut off the second sons hand so he'd look like his brother? No, ofcourse not.

FTR-I have 2 boys. Ds1 had a "partial" circ I suppose bc his ped now assumed he was uncut. I didnt know otherwise and dint research and assumed it was something all boys have done. Ds2 I knew not to, but DH was pushing to circ. I told him no, I would not consent and if he did it behind my back there would be severe consequences. God took care of that one as ds2 was "not a circ candadent" bc of a slight deformity (in siggy-hypospadias). In the end he was circ'd but it was bc of medical necessity, not outdated and inaccurate theories.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I understand your position mama. I'm anti circ, and DH is pro circ. It kills me that we are on opposite sides of the fence on this. I am going to ask him watch some videos this time to see why I don't want it done if it is a boy.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #14
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
I really REALLY hate the argument for circ'ing of "well I didnt know different then, but now I know but I want them to all look the same". Dumbest poop I've ever heard. If the first son had been born and it was "popular" to remove the left hand to prevent them from being a lefty, but later found out that wasnt the best choice and was in actuallity barbaric, would you cut off the second sons hand so he'd look like his brother? No, ofcourse not.

FTR-I have 2 boys. Ds1 had a "partial" circ I suppose bc his ped now assumed he was uncut. I didnt know otherwise and dint research and assumed it was something all boys have done. Ds2 I knew not to, but DH was pushing to circ. I told him no, I would not consent and if he did it behind my back there would be severe consequences. God took care of that one as ds2 was "not a circ candadent" bc of a slight deformity (in siggy-hypospadias). In the end he was circ'd but it was bc of medical necessity, not outdated and inaccurate theories.
Thast why I do not want it. I didnt know than (2005 and 2007) Ive since had 2 more children and did more research not knowing babies genders and knew I did not want this for another boy baby. So now knowing all this of why I dont want it I could never have it done if this baby is a boy.

And I honestly I think Im educated on it enough to explain to my children why their penis doesnt look the same as eachothers. Part of me wonders if they would even care.
I have to admit I dont recall ever checking out my sisters vagina.
Tricia~29 Married for 11 years to Chad~34. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~10, Ethan~8, Jacob~6, Annika~3, Makenna~2, Niko James~1, and blessing #7 due 3/23/14
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #15
Jatango
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DH is 100% against circ. Your opinion tends to change when you have a sexual issue that could be fixed by having a foreskin. Oh, and you know what's more fun for your marriage than not being able to perform correctly? Everything. Yes, most men handle being circ-ed and function normally. But potentially dooming your son to a marriage where you fight about sex all the time? We couldn't ever do that. You can always take it off later, you can't put it back on. People like to compare it to piercing a baby girl's ears, but it is nothing like that. In that instance, you aren't removing entire functional parts of your little boy for appearance sake. The ears will close if you take the studs out. Potential sexual dysfunction is forever...

Last edited by Jatango; 10-24-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Jatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #16
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I really pray I'm having a girl! One thing I have on my side is insurance won't cover it (yay!!) It's $575! To have it done in the hospital. While I am very thankful that we *can* easily afford it, it just seems that money could be put to good use other places..

DP is circ'ed and so is my 5 yr old (didnt even think to question it, I had never even seen a uncirc penis and well come to think about it I've still never seen one in person!)

Sent from my EVO 4G using DS Forum

Last edited by ducky5306; 10-24-2011 at 06:59 AM.
ducky5306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #17
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasundance View Post
I have to admit I dont recall ever checking out my sisters vagina.

My older ds (4) hasn't noticed that ds2 (17m) is different aside from when he had his surgery. DS1 has much more foreskin than ds2 (b/c his foreskin had to be used during surgery to repair the hypospadias so his is a full circ.). They bathe together often and see each other naked on a daily bases as this age.

(and i wanted to add that i understand people want to circ for religious reasons and what have you, and that's not really my business i suppose, but only the arguement for circ'ing to make them look like their brothers or their daddy is annoying....like they see each other naked all the time and compare)
Old 10-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #18
Liz*RN*BSN
Registered Users
Formerly: liz4185
seller

My Mood:

Not all babies cry hysterically during a circumcision, and some do not cry at all (yes I have seen plenty of circumcisions) . Most doctors use local anesthesia but some still do not. It is a personal choice and something you and your dh will have to decide. Their are pros and cons to both sides but usually these topics get heated so I will not say anymore.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #19
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

some of them will not cry, because they go into shock, from the pain of it. and as a pp mentioned(a nurse), they will not bring them back crying, and are often told to tell the parents that he did well, didn't cry, etc. Nobody wants to hear that he shrieked the entire time, right?

an article on the no crying thing:

http://www.drmomma.org/2011/03/he-di...-in-shock.html

OP, I hope you are able to stick to your guns. When you know better, you do better. No two will ever look alike anyways. Good for you for doing the research, and not leaving it up to dh.

From the article: "Today, 68% of U.S. parents, 91% of Canadian parents, and the majority of the rest of the world keep their sons intact from birth. Please, be fully informed for the sake of your child."

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasundance View Post
I just dont want it done. I dont see the reasons to have it. Dh's only reason is cause they will all look the same.
This is just me, but since when are they ever comparing their own penis' to their fathers? They are always going to look different. Not every penis looks the same. For me that is a very poor excuse. Hope you can work it out mama! OR that you have a girl

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote