Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
amykay44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
CDing at Daycare

We have our DS in child care and we were fortunate to find a child care center that will use cloth. We provide diapers, wipes, a diaper pail etc and they happily agreed. However, I washed the stash and packed things away today (during the week they don't make it to their storage place after washing) and I discovered at least 2 are missing.

I suspect that they threw them in the regular garbage on accident. Have you had this happen? Not sure what to do? Should I ask for reimbursement?

Any advise would be most appreciated.

Advertisement

amykay44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
MomBecks
Registered Users

Re: CDing at Daycare

Are you absolutely certain? If you're sure they're missing, you might mention it to your DCP and see if they might know or would look to see if they were simply misplaced.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
amgermain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree - just tell them you noticed you're missing a couple and ask if there's anywhere they can be.

For us, I send 10 a day to daycare so I can completely keep track of them, how many get used daily/how many dirty ones come home, etc. Good luck!

Mommy to Addi (8/13/08) and Abby (11/17/10)
amgermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I don't think you should ask to be reimbursed. I would imagine that they have a policy where they do not replace lost or damaged items brought to daycare. Almost every daycare has something like that. I wouldn't expect anything to be replaced. I would ask about them though.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

I wouldn't ask for reimbursement, but maybe talk to the provider and tell them that the diapers are really expensive.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ouch! that stinks! I send a specified number of dipes every day so I know exactly how they have. At the end of the day, I take everything home (even the clean ones) so I can keep track of my beloved fluff. Ive found it helps if they use a wetbag instead of a pail so they dont get things confused. There was a time when they misplaced a dipe and a cover (it was so hard for me to be calm about it), but they found it-it went home with another child who was CDd. I wouldnt ask to be re-imbursed. Id consider it a learning experience for both you and them. Id try to be forgiving as accidents happen. But, I like other posts, Id educate them on the $$ of CDs. Many people dont know, and once they were educated, I found they were a LOT more careful/mindful with my dipes.

Last edited by amb2j; 10-24-2011 at 08:17 AM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
judeabug
Registered Users
seller

I would definitely just ask about it before considering reimbursement. It's entirely possible they just accidentally put it in another child's cubby or misplaced it. Hopefully they'll turn up!

WAHM behind Serwa Chic:Cloth Diapers, Nursing Covers, Wetbags & Long Sleeve Bibs!My Family Blog: Jenny.erally Speak.ing
judeabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ouch-- that stinks. I would definalty ask them about it but not sure about the reimbursment. I know ours has a policy that if stuff gets brought from home and broken/damaged that is our risk. I really hope it was just misplaced.

I send enough for the week and my DC has two in cloth. I only send my very well loved pockets that wouldn't cost much to replace. After 10months I haven't had any issues. They are proably only worth about $5.00 now. I have gotten the other little girls diapers once. I know the mom so I sent her a text and said I would wash it and return it.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
bea2269
Registered Users

I am so jealous! My dc won't or can't cd. They said state regs won't allow it.
bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

I don't think my day care has ever lost one, but I don't always keep track. If they did, I would try to gently remind them. We are the only ones who use cloth at our day care, so there isn't any chance of them getting sent home with another kid. I don't think I would ask for reimbursement either. I have keep a couple extra outfits for each of my kids in their cubbies, and I have had those disappear several times. I think they use them on other kids who don't have clothes there, and they never come back. Very frustrating. But other than our diapers, I never send anything to daycare that I would care if I don't get it back or it gets destroyed.