Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
weintz8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Harvest Babies Chat 10/24/2011

I have such a hard time keeping up with you guys when I don't get on till evening so I'm gonna try to stay up with it through out the day again!

Hope everyone has a great day today... maybe someone has a baby :-)

Advertisement

and Ian (born 6/5/14)
weintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Harvest Babies Chat 10/24/2011

Morning

TMI...

Last night at yoga, I totally thought my water broke. I was sitting in a position w/ my pelvis tilted back and when I shifted forward, there was a fairly big gush of fluid. I got excited for a sec, but then figured I'd wait and see if it happened again before getting my hopes up. It didn't happen again, and when I went to the bathroom as class ended, I was clear that it was just a LOT of thin mucus. I thought it was go time there for a minute, though.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Thia- I am wondering if that is what happened to me as I haven't had anything since my gush last Tuesday. I feel silly admitting it being a 5th timer, but I think I could have been wrong! Especially since my midwives never actually tested me for fluid (they forgot their ph paper and just took my word for it). Now I wish I could convince them because NOTHING is happening (another reason why I think it could have been a false alarm) and I hate feeling pressured for things to get moving when I am only 37 weeks.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning Ladies

I've had larger gushes of mucous and wondered too, lol.

I'm soooo tired, I've been sleeping like absolute crud the past couple nights. Not sure if its prego related or cold/virus related. Ugh! I was supposed to meet the birth photographer this morning too, but she's sick, so we have to reschedule. Maybe I'll actually get my butt into gear and do some more sewing
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
3Munchkins1togrow
Registered Users
seller

Hello everyone!

Questionable water breaking - I have had the same thing as you guys for about a week or 2 now. If I do anything, go to DS's soccer games, walk through the store, we went to a fall festival on Saturday, I get those gushes. Usually have to change my undies and my pants. But it always has mucous in it and always stops once I stop whatever I was doing. My water broke with both of my boys and that was a constant leak so I don't believe it is my water, just mucous city it would seem. This is actually really gross when I type it out. The things we talk about while pregnant.

Heather - Don't feel silly!!! A couple of times I told DH I think that might have been my water after one of those episodes, and then he would get all excited and once I changed and sat for a while nothing happened. He hasn't said it, but I definitely get the look like "OK woman this is your 4th baby your water has broke with 2, you think you would know what that was." This baby is teaching me that you can have 20 pregnancies and babies and will never be ready for what the next one might bring. She is doing nothing like my others, and making a big fat liar out of me already. I will not be surprised one bit if I end up making it to my due date for the first time or even going late, because she is just doing her own thing. I guess that is a good quality to have as the youngest of 4. I am finally coming to grips with the fact that I actually have no idea what is going on anymore, and she may as well be my first.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning

Did the fun tradition of my mom painting my toes when she did it with Ryker I went into labor within hours, granted I had a already been loosing plug since the week before. Yesterday morning had alot of yellow tinted cm and yesterday evening had a little glob that stretched a little which I'm assuming was a little it of plug since it was sorta thickish.

Last edited by DustysSweety03; 10-24-2011 at 08:45 AM.
DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Water breaking (or not) - WIth DS1, I went to the midwives a few times thinking my water broke, and it was just liquefied mucous plug. I know by the 3rd time they were inwardly rolling their eyes every time I called. 2 days before my due date my water really DID break, and I debated even calling them. When the nitrazine paper came out blue, I was relieved........saved me the embarrassment of another false alarm.

Don't know what to do today...feeling anxious. Story time at the library, maybe hit up the homestead farm, IDK. I guess if I'm really feeling like doing something I could always *gasp* clean, but that wouldn't be very fun. I think this may be the first pregnancy where nesting passes me by.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Laura- I feel like a first timer this time, too! For one, I am paranoid because of my previous experience with DS2 (where my water really DID break and landed me in the hospital for 4 weeks and ended up in a preemie baby). For two, I didn't get to this point in pregnancy last time so I don't remember it very well! I feel SO BAD that I had DH rush 5 hours home and miss 4 days of work, and that my midwives came here 2 days in a row (a 70 mile drive one way for them). But I was so convinced in the moment (it didn't help that I had been having ctx for days prior) and for the few days following. Now I just wonder if I was mistaken because I don't think I would go this long with absolutely nothing happening. I need to talk to them about it today because I really don't want to feel pressured to get him out at only 37 weeks. He obviously isn't ready. And, my water isn't leaking anymore (if it even was my water to begin with) and I've had no signs of labor, no signs of infection, nothing. I just want to be able to sit back for the next 3 weeks and let him come on his time!

ETA: And even if I did go to the hospital at this point, I'm not sure I'd be able to prove my water was broken or had broken. I have no fluid leakage for them to test! So, they would probably just look at me like I'm some crazy uncomfortable pregnant woman who is trying to get her baby out. But I'm actually the complete opposite!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 10-24-2011 at 09:32 AM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i don't know what water breaking feels like since they broke it at the hospital... I don't know what its like to lose the plug either. everything is new to me DS stayed in for 40w so I'm not expecting anything anytime soon and that's got my family in a tizzy since I'm (still) out and about.

pumpkin spice pancakes this morning. DS demanded pancakes for breakfast.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #10
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

when my water broke before labor was strong, I had a lot of water everwhere and it kept coming until our son was born.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote