Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Chat 10/24/2011

My water has never broken by itself, but last night I was worried it was going to!

I had a really bad night getting the older boys to bed, 2 hrs after bedtime they were still messing around. Despite lots of warnings, turning lights out, taking wii away for today etc, I finally started yelling at them and felt immense pressure down below, like my water was going to break.

Hopefully it doesn't break with this one until at the hospital as I dilate really quickly once that happens.....

OB apt this morning, didn't ask to be checked, BP slightly higher but not suprised as stressful night/morning.

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My water has never broken before I was in labor. It's never broken on it's own before I was pushing. I had my midwife break my water with the last 2 before I was pushing, though.

I went to see the chiropractor this morning. I called at 9:15 and they were ready for me at 10! I feel so much better. My pelvis was way screwed up (always is in late pregnancy). I made another appt. for the 9th (I'll be almost a week overdue by then) because I'm totally expecting to have a baby the weekend after that, so it should work out pretty well.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone

water breaking- I had a trickle when I went for my 37 week appointment with DD. I was sitting on the table about to scoot down for the dr. to check me and it was all wet. She asked if I had peed or maybe I was sweating. I looked at her like she was crazy because either one would have been totally gross! (there was a lot of liquid!) so she checked it and sure enough it was my water! They gave me a pad and had me walk over to l&d. I never got the full gush though and I never felt the "pop" that people talk about. I'm anxious to see how this one goes! But yea, the mucous lately is CRAZY! It's gross how much of that stuff our bodies can produce!

On Saturday I got woken up with contractions at 5:30 am and they were 5-7 minutes apart ALL DAY LONG. They finally let up around 9 pm. They never got stronger or closer together and they were just plain annoying! I sure hope my body got some good practice! Today though I swear this baby is trying to claw her way out of my cervix. There is so much pressure and it hurts so bad! I think it is safe to say that I am d.o.n.e. being pregnant. I love the baby part of it, but I don't enjoy being pregnant

So I found out yesterday that my sister is pregnant!! We are SO excited for them! It was their first month trying and they succeeded Unfortunately, we also just found out that my BIL's (pregnant sisters husband) lymphoma is back He has been in remission since January 2009, but they just found another lump. They are doing testing now to find out if it is localized or spread throughout his body. Then they will decide the best course of treatment. It's definitely gonna be a tough few months for them, but they are both strong and I know they can handle it. Any prayers for them would be MUCH appreciated!

Last edited by amomma; 10-24-2011 at 12:52 PM.
amomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #14
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Water breaking~With Ryker it broke itself, It was a audioable Pop and then a small gush,I was 8cm when it broke, it was the forebag so it wasn't a huge gush but did continue to leak periodically. The dr broke it the rest of the way at 9 or 10 cm. Oh and it was warm feeling and felt like your constantly peeing on yourself.

Earn Free Giftcards Join Swabucks Click Me
DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

had MW appt. weekly visits start next week. eep. the M/W and i'm pretty sure I'll go 40w ish. lo is measuring 34.5w (I am 36w going on 37 now but MW said nothing to worry about since DS was 6lbs 8oz at 40w. she is posterior atm so working on changing that for now.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #16
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

jamie - thoughts and positive vibes for your family.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My water broke both times right at the end. With DD1 it was while pushing, maybe 25 mins before she was born. With DD2 I was at 10cm wanting to push with lots of pressure, so the ob broke it for me, she was born 8 minutes and 2 contractions later! I don't know what I would do if my water broke first thing, probably go into panic mode. I do know that pushing was much easier both times with the sac broken, but it would be fun to have a baby born in caul!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kami- I also think i was losing some plug the other day! I just had a lot more mucous than usual and it was very thick.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

I have a disposable ice pack pad they gave it to me when I left the hospital but I didn't use it wondered if anyone on here wanted it ffs pm me if you want it

Last edited by Truckerswife; 10-24-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Truckerswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Well, talked to my midwives and even if I have doubts now they still want to treat it as if it broke since I was so sure in the moment. I guess just going with my initial instincts (since I must've been pretty convinced to make DH drive 5 hours home). Even if it did break I think it was a small tear and it resealed because I am having no signs of it having broken.

With my previous births:

DD1, it was broken for me in the hospital during my induction, I was about 6cm at the time.

DD2, it broke as I was pushing her out. I was pushing and heard a loud "pop pop" and started to gush fluid and she was out minutes after that.

DS1, my water broke before labor started at all. I was 40w1d and laying in bed getting my girls to sleep for the night. I heard a "pop pop" and thought that sounded all too familiar so snuck out of the room into the bathroom. Had some trickling fluid so called my midwives. I was standing in the kitchen and right after I got off the phone with them it broke in a huge gush. Contractions didn't start for about 30 minutes after that and I gushed the entire time until he was born.

DS2, I woke up one morning at 30w6d pregnant to a wet bed. Thought I had peed the bed but wasn't sure. I got up to do my normal routine (cleaning the house as my older kids were at their dads and coming home that day). I felt off and noticed that I was trickling fluid and my underwear were constantly getting wet. I was really unsure so I looked it up online and decided to lay down for awhile and then stand up to see if I would feel a bigger trickle. I did, so I called my midwives who asked me to come into the birth center. I was able to go to the bathroom and collect it in a cup and it tested positive for fluid. So, off to the hospital I went where I was having contractions, they stopped them. They kept me on bedrest for 4 weeks before inducing me. My induction was going very slowly so in the 20th hour the doctor stuck his hand up there and kind of moved the baby's head out of the way and started gushing fluid, he was born within 30 minutes!

This time, well, you all know the story...
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote