Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tell me how you start your homeschooling. :)

I'm curious to hear what everyone is doing.

So each day, when you begin your homeschooling... waht do you do? Is ther a routine for you?
Like saying the pledge.... maybe prayer, or singing a song?
Or do you always start by setting a goal for the day?

Or maybe do a reading? or math, or maybe you start your homeschooling by art? Maybe your homeschooling starts when everyone puts away the dishes from the breakfast.
Or maybe you start it by showing an educational video.

What do you do?

Advertisement

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tell me how you start your homeschooling. :)

Usually something along the lines of, "Okay. Autumn, Aiden, go get dressed, it's time to get started on schoolwork." And they get their stuff out and we get started. We don't have a set schedule, so some days they just jump into their independent work and some days we do something together first. When the older two are doing something independent I try and get stuff done with the youngest.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
south5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everyone eats breakfast together and I start by doing our Bible lesson while they eat. I also try to do a read aloud during breakfast. Then they head downstairs to the rest of their lessons.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

We don't usually get going until around 10am. (After all 5 kids are dressed, eat, chores, etc.) We have our Bible lesson and then do handwriting, reading, history, science, art or music, and usually end with math. I try to mix up the order some days or let the kids choose. I only have 2 schooling right now and am very blessed to have my mom available to help with the little ones. We also try to have time outside every day, so sometimes the weather dictates our schedule.
cedavid2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
mamabear25
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by south5 View Post
Everyone eats breakfast together and I start by doing our Bible lesson while they eat. I also try to do a read aloud during breakfast. Then they head downstairs to the rest of their lessons.
We're not homeschooling yet, as my DD is almost 3 and DS is 9 months- but I love the idea of a read aloud during breakfast! I think I'll start doing this for my little ones.
mamabear25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tell Kearnan to boot up the computer and put his glasses on (he only needs them for working). Then he does his phonics. He lets me know when he is done then I call Tharen and it is history time. That is how we begin our school day.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We start school at 9 am. If the kids are dressed and have eaten breakfast by almost 9 Ill have them get ready. Then one does spelling and one does math. I dont usually start my preschooler on anything until later when I have more time to spend with him.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:43 AM   #8
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We start at 8 sharp with a silent 10 minute journal entry, while I'm brushing The babies' teeth and getting them ready to go play. Then we have a prayer and religion lesson, math, spelling, language, snack break (30 min), reading, writing, handwriting, lunch (1 hr), history, and science. We do this mon, tues, wed. On Thursday, we are lazy at starting because it's test day. We finish up book reports or essays. Friday is a free day!!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
linz2491
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh..are we supposed to have a routine? Oops.
Lol we kind of do school work around life honestly. I am trying to get a little better at it but I am not at all concerned that my kids are not learning.
Lindsay, mom to intact boys Aidan 12 Roan 7 and Gabby Rose 5 :no longer breastfeeding, or cloth diapering, sometimes co sleeping, had 2 unassisted home births, but still non vaxing, unassisted home birthing and home schooling
linz2491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
katiejack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I ask Andy to get dressed and brush his teeth. He knows that after that time we'll be homeschooling. We have been starting with a reading lesson, but, I enjoy it so much that we don't get to math sometimes. I don't really like math, so, now we do math first thing and then we do the language arts stuff. Andy loves math so he's more than happy to have it first instead of last!
katiejack is offline   Reply With Quote