Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Moving to Memphis (Cordova) Need advice. :)

Hi!

We are moving to Cordova during the summer and I have so many questions.

Hi!

We are planning a move to Cordova, TN this summer. I have SO many questions.

1. I hear that TN is behind in the natural health/living department. How difficult will it be for me to find health food stores, farmers markets, natural health care etc. in the Memphis and surrounding areas?

2. Homeschooling. Right now, in Texas, we don't have to do anything other than let them know we will be homeschooling. That's it. This umbrella school/govt school thing confuses me. I am particularly concerned about the testing, as I have a couple of children who are "behind" due to learning disabilities. Also, while we're not unschoolers, we're not traditional in our at home learning, which could be a problem.

3. What are the best neighborhoods in the Cordova area? Collierville is an option too, but a bit more expensive.

4. Vaccinations? Can I get an exemption?

5. I've heard that Memphis is a very unhealthy area. Do you find that people are sick a lot there?

I'm sure I'm leaving out a billion things, but I'm in a hurry. Thanks so much for anything you can share with me! If you can think of any other tips or things I need ot know please feel free to share them.

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
Karen87m
Registered Users

Re: Moving to Memphis (Cordova) Need advice. :)

There are plenty of health food stores and farmers markets in Memphis/Cordova. But the "natural" interest beyond that is very much a niche market here. Not sure about the homeschooling or natural healthcare.
Karen87m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #3
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moving to Memphis (Cordova) Need advice. :)

Thank you for your response.