Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #11
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nursing to fall asleep

My DD is 5 months old too. Although I LOVE nursing her to sleep.. lately at night I'm nursing the Tasmanian Devil who latches on and off and wiggles then back on etc for up to an hour.

OP are you having that problem?? If you find anything that works, please let me know!

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My LO did that. It was a phase she grew out of quickly, though it didn't feel that way at the time
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #13
NoAh*sMomma
Registered Users

thank you all for the encouragement!
NoAh*sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #14
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm no help here as a nurse my 21 mth old to sleep. He still nurses for naps and night time unless I'm not around then daddy can pat him to sleep. They eventually adjust and don't need it. Enjoy it while it lasts. Don't let anyone tell you your causing bad habits. Thats what your there for if it's working then let it be.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:11 AM   #15
kferg
Registered Users

I nurse till my LO is almost asleep then slip him off and put a pacifier in. A lot of times he doesn't even notice. Other times he's just nursing for comfort and gets frustrated that milk is coming out so he welcomes a pacifier. Then I put on his sound machine and lay him down on his tummy (I know all the warnings). Sometimes he's not all the way asleep so I'll leave him in the crib and pat his back. Oh... He'll be 6 months next week.

I really don't mind nursing to sleep but my LO doesn't need to. I do understand the desire to get babies away from the habit in case you're not around to nurse every nap or night time. Good luck!!
kferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by percussionsmith
Raising hand. 1yo.
15 months here.

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #17
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 32 mo old does that at naptime. Nighttime, she just falls asleep on her own. They will grow out of it... eventually!
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #18
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My LO is 5mo. and he nurses to sleep with two exceptions: 1) if I'm not home then Daddy can generally rock him to sleep after being fed a bottle and 2) if he's tired and not hungry, he'll fall asleep in his swing but that's getting infrequent now.

I don't mind nursing him to sleep at all, he's only going to be this little for a short time. Before I know it, he'll be a teenager who sleeps all day and who wouldn't wake up if a bomb went off
Old 10-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #19
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Nursing to sleep here at 6 months. It takes literally 2 minutes if she is tired. I have tried other methods but nothing else would get her to sleep so fast, so I haven't really pursued anything.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #20
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
Nursing to sleep here at 6 months. It takes literally 2 minutes if she is tired. I have tried other methods but nothing else would get her to sleep so fast, so I haven't really pursued anything.
It is so peaceful and so quick (under 5 minutes and its "lights out" lol) that I just can't complain. I love nursing LO to sleep. I usually let him comfort nurse longer while I just snuggle him till I am ready to put him down....

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 10-30-2011 at 07:52 PM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote