Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:
question for those who already have been through 2 pregnancies

Did you feel the same (in terms of morning sickness or other symptoms) for all your pregnancies so far? If you felt the same did it end up that the babies were the same gender?

I am just 6 weeks and already feel so gross. My first I felt great for the most part...puked only a couple times and never really got the smell sensitivities except to cigarette smoke, and I was ravenously hungry and ate everything in sight. EVERYTHING I smell right now is making me feel sick, and nothing sounds good except chinese food oddly enough. This nausea is just SO different than with my first pregnancy.

Wondering if this means it might be a boy this time? Anyone know if that's an old wives tale?

Advertisement

loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: question for those who already have been through 2 pregnancies

I'm almost through my second. First was a boy, this one's a girl. Much worse morning sickness this time; everything else has been identical, though.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first I was nauseated first thing in the morning and by the smell of cigarette smoke, I craved salty, spicy, meat and cheese. With my second I don't remember the nausea and I craved sweets(like CRAZY), especially ice cream.

My first was a boy and my second was a girl, so I think it is different for everybody.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
hminor11
Registered Users
seller
seller

My first I was nauseous if I didn't eat first thing upon waking or if I let myself get too hungry. I was also obsessed with orange juice! My second was more of an on and off nauseous all day for no rhyme or reason. Other than that each pregnancy was pretty similar. I had two boys
hminor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My two pregnancies were completely different! My first pregnancy I didn't have tons of nausea or aversions, I even was still sleeping pretty well. I didn't even know I was pregnant until I was almost 7 weeks. I was a bit off but I figured I was coming down with something and it all went away as the second trimester started. I felt pretty good all things considered in the first trimester and my first was a boy.

My second pregnancy was awful, I started throwing up a week after conception and was nauseated and sick from that moment onwards. It just got worse and worse and I couldn't eat anything for most of the first 3 months. I was exhausted as well, nothing got done or dealt with cuz I was either tired/on bedrest due to surgery or had my head in a bucket lol. The sickness lasted through the first 6 months and kind of came back at the end again as well. That one I had a girl
Old 10-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine were almost the same, except all the early symptoms were way less severe the second time around. The nausea started later, lasted less time and was less intense, the food aversions were less in tense, the fatigue was not as bad, etc. It was all the same symptoms, just turned down a notch or two. They were both boys. I can't really comment on this time because I still have no symptoms at all, so who knows maybe its just even less intense this time and its another boy.

Now the stuff later in pregnancy (aches and pains) was worse and started earlier, so not looking forward to that lol.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am in my 4th pregnancy and my symptoms aren't really the same. I can't really remember when I started having symptoms with the other ones. I am a teeny bit concerned because I am not feeling gross yet. I am about 5 weeks along. My symptoms are: sore nips, and today... I am exhausted. I already took a nap. I am ready for another one!!
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

on my 6th baby.

slightly nauseous 1st and 2nd pregnancies, horrid heartburn. 2nd pregnancy I slept ALL the time, 1st I was tired a lot.

3rd and 4th pregnancies, m/s progressively worse, as was heartburn

(all 4, I was nauseous and sometimes gagged, never puked)

5th, threw up constantly for 23 wks, bad heartburn, hips out of whack the whole time

ALL boys. very acute sense of smell, sensitive nipples and can't stand to look at raw chicken and barely eat it through my pregnancies.

Now I am in my 6th pregnancy, only about 3-4 wks in. Tired, heartburn, super human sense of smell, but that's all so far.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

My first was easy peasy. I felt AMAZING. = Boy
My second I felt fairly crappy, was very uncomfortable. = 10 lb Boy
This one, I felt VERY sick and am unbelievably emotional. = we'll find out in a month!
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
JAG's baby mama
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Nope. I have a boy and a girl and for both PGs I had the worst food aversions, and car sickness (which I never get unless PG), but no hurling. I refused to eat anything if I wasn't sure that it would stay down before I ate it.

I did have much worse heartburn with the boy (after 20 weeks), but he was sitting on my stomach at around that time. DD kind of stayed curled up and mostly on my right side.

I will take my HPT for #3 on Sunday. My chart is looking preggers so hopefully I get a BFP. Fingers crossed.