Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #11
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ohhh the burn!!! (heart burn that is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoriosmom View Post
I take prilosec otc.This is what my doctor recommends for pregnancy heartburn. I have been reluctant to take it until even drinking water started to give me heartburn.
My dad used to take that,I didn't realize it was safe in pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpsgurl View Post
Not in you DDC, but if you want something natural, papaya enzyme always worked wonders for me! Hope you get some relief!
Papaya is my usual go to for indigestion but it does nothing for me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewInLuvWithEwe View Post
OT but they say that when you have a lot of heartburn baby has a lot of hair. Not sure if its true but I had killer heartburn for 9
months and had 3 babies with so much hair I couldve probably braided it at birth lol
I heard that too! My dd was born with a bunch of hair- dark black hair! I had some heartburn with her but not this much. If hat holds true this baby will have a head full!

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #12
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewInLuvWithEwe
OT but they say that when you have a lot of heartburn baby has a lot of hair. Not sure if its true but I had killer heartburn for 9
months and had 3 babies with so much hair I couldve probably braided it at birth lol
I think this is true!!! My mom had horrible HB with my sister and she had a lot of hair. My DS3 I had mild HB with and he had a TON of blond hair! Now I'm having awful HB and would bet $$ this baby will have a lot of hair! LOL And my BFF had horrible HB with her ODD and she had a lot of hair! I'm telling ya! It's true! LOL I think it's even been medically founded!! Off to search! Haha

Found it!
http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/ph...gnancy_Myths/7

Last edited by TwinKristi; 10-29-2011 at 11:18 AM.
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

As far as hairy babies go, my sister and I were born with mops of black hair on our heads and my mom didn't have heartburn. However, DD had barely any hair and I had barely any heartburn. With this one, my 32 week growth scan showed more hair than DD's 36 week growth scan lol and I'm having horrible heartburn. So we shall see.

Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum
Old 10-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #14
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I have had awful heartburn with all of my pregnancies and have never had a hairy baby.... several have been bald as cue balls!

I take zantac 150 in the morning and at night.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The study showed that it was like 82-83% or something that had heartburn and lots of hair or no heartburn and less hair. So it's not 100% but pretty close! It's not just a myth anyway! LOL
Old 10-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I did better when I drank a glass of milk before bed or with a meal that I knew would give me heartburn. I'm just starting to get it this time, and I need to start doing that again. I told my husband yesterday that Leah is going to have hair like their brothers. He looked at me and said, "She's our kid. Why are you surprised?" We both had heads full of black hair when we were born (mine turned blonde before I was a year), and both of our boys had heads full of hair, too. When Malachi was crowning, the nurse was stroking his hair and saying, "It's so long!"
Old 10-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #17
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My babies have hair but with my heartburn they should come out like apes. Oddly enough my baby with no h/b had the most hair. (we called him our bush baby) lol
Old 10-31-2011, 01:55 AM   #18
jayell79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried apple cider vinegar? Sounds gross, and I was afraid at first it would make my heartburn worse. I mix a tablespoon of ACV with honey and dilute with a cup of warm water. It works every time for me.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:21 AM   #19
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Use the Walmart off brand of zantac 150- its like $3- $4 a bottle vs $11+ ... Heartburn here is horrible.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #20
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another advocate for milk if the papaya isn't helping. I would avoid the tums, they can cause calcium deposits in your placenta if you eat a lot of them (and they inhibit iron absorption).

I've had nasty heartburn with all of my pregnancies. 2 baldies and 2 with long thick hair. Who knows?
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote