Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #21
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Ok...did any of think of NOT using CD once you started?

We haven't been at this very long,so I may not count. We've been full time cding for about 2 wks now and never once have I looked back. I guess I've been lucky. We haven't had any issues with leakage or anything so it's been so fun and easy.

Sarah

Advertisement

Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #22
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
And I get to my mom because she didn't think I'd last a week!
This was my MIL! She insisted that I'd quit within six weeks and every week when she talked to me, she'd ask if I was still using "them diapers." And then she got a picture from my oh so wonderful SIL (being sarcastic) and it showed my 3 month old in a Little Lambs OS/AIO. Ya'll know how HUGE those are, especially on itty bitty babies. So then the comments would come about how she's not going to roll over, she won't learn to walk, etc.

Then the six weeks passed and I called her on the sixth week anniversary of my start and I said "Gee, oh yeah! It's six weeks! We're still going strong!" She backed off a bit, but still makes bad comments.

I then started sending her pictures of the cutest diapers I had and she actually calls me to tell me how adorable they are!!!

So now I think everyone, to include her, gave up on trying to convince me to go back to sposies. Now I still use them at night as I never did find a system that worked for us (partly cuz I'm too lazy to try so much, let alone plunk MORE money into it). But I'm still in love with my Little Lambs and now I'm getting into fitteds and wool.

But to answer the OP... yes, I've thought of going back to sposies... on the days where I'm feeling overwhelmed by everything, or I don't feel like dealing with the stink in the laundry room, or my baby has leaked through a diaper (very rare, but does happen). But I always stick with the CD's... I just can't turn my back on the money I've put into it, how it makes my baby feel, how cute they look and how it makes me feel.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:20 AM   #23
hauser
Registered Users
seller

I never looked back!!! DS1 had horrible rashes from sposies!! We tried every kind out there...literly!!! He got rashes from them all. Then one day I was in a store and picked up some used Kushies. I always saw CD adds in the back of parenting mags, but was too scared to order form online, over the phone etc....becuase we were broke!! We loved them. The rash went away after one night!!!! Since then I dread sposies!! Right now I am having some serious repelling issue. I think it is due to our water here in england. (we just moved here so I have no idea how to deal with it) If I have to put sposies on him untill I get these reapelling issues fixed I think I will cry...literly. I get a little teary just thinking about it!!
Old 06-10-2006, 06:21 AM   #24
gr33nie
Registered Users
seller

I also had a few people tell me that I might quit after a couple of weeks. Then the first couple of weeks everything leaked (A bunch of small pockets). I finally put him in a small FB because I thought he was big enough for it and success finally!!! (I'll never know if it was the fb or if he finally chunked out a bit)

I was determined but getting really nervous. I think the reason why so many people quit a few weeks after they start (besides using sucky dipes) is that they don't realize how much those newborn chicken legs can really make things hard. But once they plum up a bit, you're in buinsess!

Sarah
Old 06-10-2006, 06:34 AM   #25
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan
I've accepted that sometimes CDs leak b/c, lets face it, disposables do too! Actually, I have major poop leaks w/ disposables, but never w/ cloth!
ITA Kelly! Alex wicks at least once a day, usually when she is wearing a onesie and has been in her exersaucer for too long, but never poop leaks. And with sposies, we were having poop leaks with EVERY bm.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #26
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes, I started shortly after the meconium was gone, and he HATED cloth. Cried all the time when wet, had blow outs all the time, so I was getting so irritated, I wanted to quit. Then he got impetigo and eczema, and the ped told me NOT to quit cd'ing. I didn't but once the skin cleared up, I took a break for a month or so, and now use it part time. I think because there's always sposies in the house ( I do daycare) that I tend to grab one now and again, so thats whats keeping me in sposies. Not only that but I sold alot of my pockets which is what I mainly used. I need to get more fitteds!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #27
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife
I then started sending her pictures of the cutest diapers I had and she actually calls me to tell me how adorable they are!!!
I wish I could say the same of my MIL. We are 9 months in on DC #2. Part of my giving it up with DD was as a result of her constant harrassment (though, that would not of done it if there were not a bunch of other factors). We still get constant commentary from her about the cloth diapers. Ugh! She just does not get it. Really, I don't care if she gets it or not. I just wish she'd leave me alone about it.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #28
mommato2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never looked back once I started. And is it just me but I love washing my dipes?? And can't wait to fold them or put them back in the baskets, and then look lovingly at my stash, lol!! I'm just proud that I made most of them I guess, and I know my DS is not covered by a bunch of chemicals, and that I'm doing my part to save the earth, woohoo!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #29
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I have been doing it for about 6 weeks and I absolutly love it. I will never give it up. My next baby will not ever have a sposie on - not even in the hospital. I will never want to change to sposies again.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #30
Shealaine
Registered Users

NO! Heres why-

A: Because I didnt want to give those people the satisfaction of saying 'I Told You So!'

B: Because cloth is soooo cute, how could you not love it more.

C: Once you have that new baby and you're doing laundry ever 5 minutes, whats one more load?

D: Sometimes I take a sposie break, and they are so crunchy and yucky that I always run back to cloth.
Shealaine is offline   Reply With Quote