Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #31
TheRossFamily
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ok...did any of think of NOT using CD once you started?

We did a bit of the back and forth stuff for awhile. Then went on vacation and used sposies, I was so happy to have my dipes back when I got home! At night sometimes we would use sposies. Last week I was amazed, I don't think we used a single sposie! We have occasional leaks, but never poo, i would rather deal with wicking than poo leaks. It's amazing how many people gave us disposibles when they found out we were cloth diapering. I just sold a bunch at our garage sale and that was the point that I looked at my husband and said "I guess we are commited now!" The biggest difference between now and the beginning is the routine. We finally found what works for us, what type, and how to wash!

Advertisement

TheRossFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #32
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

honestly at first I was like EWWW I could never CD, but then after a while disposies were really getting on my nerves, especially after one night when DS slept right through and woke up to the diaper exploded inside and all that NASTY stuff was all over my poor lil man that is when I said that is IT I am CD!!! This is TOO gross!!! I had already bought some prefolds but they were too big so I was still using disposies, and I got one bumgenius, but after that day I ordered a pocket sampler pack and never looked back LOL I had people say that to me too "oh give it a few weeks" yeah well sorry I really don't mind it at all, I cringe at the thought of disposies now lol so don't listen to others, CD is cheaper, more comfy for baby, environmentally friendly and FUN look at how cute all the dipes are
Old 06-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #33
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Sure most of us have some doubts at first. And with my first I went back and forth quite a bit. But we never had money for sposies and I finally learned to sew my own dipes. That was it for us we love them. Also my second child has very sensitive skin and breaks out within a short time of being in sposies.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #34
Freckle432
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope! When DD's rash cleared up after 13 months of sposie usage, I knew I would NEVER turn back! Plus, it's so cute and fun!

Don't get me wrong though... we still do use an occassional sposie around our house. Ella just started wearing cloth at night a couple of weeks ago after 6 months of CD-ing (just waiting for new baby to come and then for things to settle down before I started that experiment.) Plus Daddy doesn't do cloth, so if he needs to change them, they're in cloth... but only for 1 or 2 dipes. Then, it's back to cloth. And I'm w/ pp, I now HATE the smell of sposies. DH thinks I'm nuts as he can't smell anything....

Freckle is now Freckle's Natural Fibers
Freckle432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #35
daysofelijah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had the odd occasion of insanity when I've gotten tired of folding/stuffing/putting away dipes, but it usually just takes a good stash purge to get me back in shape. I haven't taken a whole day off from cding in almost 3 years. I'm definitely ready for a break from diapers, but I'd much rather it be cute cd's than paper garbage
Old 06-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #36
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When you've never used CDs and sposies seem so easy, cleaning poop out of a diaper for the first time may make some people rethink CDing. lol. BUT, now, to me, it's no big deal at all. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I LOVE it!
Old 06-10-2006, 05:39 PM   #37
Eliza-Bella
Registered Users

I researched Cding a lot when I was preggo and had stacks fo dipes waiting for the new babe! But, I recieved TONS of sposies for my showers. I was also having a REALLY hard time BFing and was determined to make that work, so the adjustment of all the laundry was a little much for me at the time. I think some people were kind of glad that I had failed (I told you so attitude ).... BUT when DD was 5 months old, I rethought the idea. I realized that I could make my own dipes pretty easily and decicded to give it another whirl. Now, I have invested in some FBs and some good PFs and covers plus my own homemade stash and it is going great. I love it. PLUS- my DD's dipes are WAY cuter than any of my friends babes' dipes!
Eliza-Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:49 PM   #38
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

well I have cd'ed a many bums and the only time I thought of it was when it was time to wash, but then I quickly remember that I care about the envoriment and the amount of stuff in our landfills even beyond diapers, and how I want to contribute as little as humanly possible to that.
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:54 PM   #39
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

I have always found CD to be very easy for my family. DH was one of those "don't buy too many in case you give up" but even he sees how simple and easy it is. The only issue that ever makes us rethink the whole thing is when we have stink that won't go away but so far we have managed to try something that finally works.
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #40
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i have about 6-10 more weeks and my babe will be here for me to cd. but i have had my own mother say "we'll see how long that lasts" and when i made the large purchase of 20 small aio's (eek, i must've been nuts i certainly hope they work for us lol!) my dh told me "you better stick with this". my mom's remark was said a little more rudely though and she doesn't get it all whereas my dh totally gets it and is thinking the stuff is cuter every day!!! hopefully i won't regret my choice, but i don't think i will....i just don't see that happening.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote