Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #51
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok...did any of think of NOT using CD once you started?

....I decided on CD for 2 reasons:

#1 save $$ -over $200 in just dipes alone!

#2 when our newest baby came home, I looked out on garbage day & realized that we had one WHOLE garbage can at the curb with nothing but dirty diapers! I guess at that moment a mom part blossomed and I decided I needed to do something more about what's headed for the landfill....

And we are using cloth wipes now too.

...and thats about as crunchy as it gets here... Other than that we are your typical smushy, suburban, subdivision living, minivan driving, family.

I gotta say that it is the "cuteness" of the cloth diapers that helps me continue...EBF dipes, no problem...its the 2 1/2 yr old's & the 5yr old's that I shiver at... lol

Advertisement

christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #52
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

everyone tried to convince me that I wouldn't like it once I started. I loved it then and still love it! I had used some disposables when the kids went to daycare while I had to work (from the health food store) part time and cloth part time and even that .. I couldn't stand it! I missed doing cloth full time!
Old 06-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #53
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think the only time the thought of stopping crossed my mind was when we first started (dd was no more than 1 wk) and she kept getting rashy from the kissaluvs. I then discovered fleece liners and we've been fine ever since. We also started with the idea we'd use sposies at night, but that went out the window as soon as I fell in love w/cds I too have a mom who said something like "don't buy too much, you might not even like it". Just yesterday she said to me "you're addicted aren't you?" Too funny
Old 06-12-2006, 06:32 AM   #54
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, I feel better knowing I am not alone in what people are telling me!Thanks a lot mamas!

I can't wait to use these cute little dipes on the baby. I'm sure it will look much cuter on her than the teddy bear that is currently wearing one (you have to try it on SOMETHING, right?!?).
Sarahbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #55
mamax3
Registered
seller

My Mood:

We've only been doing it for a little while... and honestly with 3 in diapers it is DEMANDING. And, I don't exactly have enough dipes to last through more than a day... so this is a lot of washing. LOL! Sometimes with my twins I just wanna do sposies because they are super duper mega rediculously heavy wetters, they wet through any insert in a matter of minutes. My 7mo is a breeze because she is a light wetter. Anyway - I want to prove everyone wrong that says I am crazy or won't stick with it. I think it's fun, cute, and better for baby and the environment. And our bank account.
6 on the road
mamax3 is offline   Reply With Quote